It would be Awesome if Tiger Woods could win the Masters again

KingWard

Feb 15, 2022
I'm pulling for Tiger to do well.
What that entails might have to be redefined. I'm not saying he can't win again, but his best chance of passing Snead lies in playing the shorter tour stops: Colonial, Sedgefield in Greensboro, Harbour Town, places like that.

Reactions: Senior Rooster

Cocksure

Joined Nov 14, 2004
Jan 19, 2022
I never liked the arrogant prick. Steroids made him a great player. The vast majority of his wins came before steroid testing took place on the tour. AFter testing started, his game fell drastically.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Tiger is not perfect. God knows I'm not. But, there's a lot of good in him. Money magazine ranked him as the most "charitable" golfer in the world and the 11th most "charitable" athlete in the world. It's remarkable to me that with his physical situation that he made the cut. As a Jack Nicklaus fan, I am glad that he did not break Jack's record for major wins. But, I do wish Tiger well.

I hope that Scottie Scheffler holds on to win. After he won the Palmer Tournament, he gushed about his wife and was thrilled that his parents could be there to see that, saying that his parents sacrificed a lot for him as he was growing up. Seems like a great young man.

Reactions: Senior Rooster

Lurker123

Jan 18, 2022
As long as he doesn’t win, I don’t care. Dirtbag.

I will admit that I have a hard time cheering for him, with some of his public failings.

I know no one is perfect, but sometimes people just fall out of favor. I don't wish ill on him, but can't bring myself to cheer for him.

Reactions: York cock

York cock

Jan 21, 2022
Tiger is not perfect. God knows I'm not. But, there's a lot of good in him. Money magazine ranked him as the most "charitable" golfer in the world and the 11th most "charitable" athlete in the world. It's remarkable to me that with his physical situation that he made the cut. As a Jack Nicklaus fan, I am glad that he did not break Jack's record for major wins. But, I do wish Tiger well.

I hope that Scottie Scheffler holds on to win. After he won the Palmer Tournament, he gushed about his wife and was thrilled that his parents could be there to see that, saying that his parents sacrificed a lot for him as he was growing up. Seems like a great young man.
You do realize charities for the most part are tax write offs

Reactions: Game...Cocks

ToddFlanders

Jan 20, 2022
Yes, I do realize that as I give a lot to charities,,,St Judes, Carolina Shriners Childrens Hospital,, Matthew 25: Ministries organization, UNICEF, Salvation Army, ASPCA, local charities, etc. It still costs me money.

Exactly. It's still a lot of real money that is leaving the bank. No one has to do it, but the "tax benefits" don't mean you still aren't out real money. The government gives a tax benefit for charity (and definitely should) - but you always come out ahead if you don't want to give any of your money away for a cause (unless the gifts bring you down a tax bracket).

Reactions: gamecock stock

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I will admit that I have a hard time cheering for him, with some of his public failings.

I know no one is perfect, but sometimes people just fall out of favor. I don't wish ill on him, but can't bring myself to cheer for him.

I never cared about golf and didn't have feelings for or against Tiger until the late 90s, when he sued some artist for painting a picture of him winning the Master's. Thankfully, Woods lost the lawsuit because it was totally absurd, but that was when I wrote him off as a self-involved, pompous drama queen.

Reactions: York cock

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Exactly. It's still a lot of real money that is leaving the bank. No one has to do it, but the "tax benefits" don't mean you still aren't out real money. The government gives a tax benefit for charity (and definitely should) - but you always come out ahead if you don't want to give any of your money away for a cause (unless the gifts bring you down a tax bracket).
Yes. I was never a fan of Tiger Woods. Actually, I pulled against him because I did not want to see Nicklaus majors record win broken. But, I can't deny he was a great golfer in his prime. His father was right though when he said that whatever good Tiger would do on the golf course in his career, he would exceed that with the good he would do off the golf course.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login