Its going to be hard for us to compete in volleyball

Status
Not open for further replies.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Washington, who went 16-15 last year in the Pac 12 is headed to the B1G and signed the California Player of the Year and the MVP of the Girls Junior National Championship.

And yes, that's a dude. Can't wait to see him dominate women's college volleyball.

Reactions: paindonthurt

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Where is Riley Gaines when you need her? In all seriousness dudes should not be competing in girls sports. I know I will take some heat for that, que the libs to come after the ole Devil. I also love what Gaines did say in the congressional hearing and it does ring true. You only see this happening in one direction there are no examples of "boys" trying to break into men's sports this way.

Last edited:

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Where is Riley Gaines when you need her? In all seriousness dudes should not be competing in girls sports. I know I will take some heat for that, que the libs to come after the ole Devil.
Dude..... I am a super Liberal Blue Democrat and I agree with you 100%.
I mean, this person was a guy and for all intents and purposes is still a guy regardless of what they identify as.
Also, I don't like to go on and on with an exception that disproves the rule as if the .00001% of people this effects is as important as the 99.99999% it doesn't but..... my solution is to do away with all genders in all sports. Have one basketball team. If a girl is good enough to make it, awesome.

Funny thing is.... all men's teams already allow anyone good enough to participate. The only reason why there is a women's only league is because women couldn't make the men's league team.

That is the fairest way to do it.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Dude..... I am a super Liberal Blue Democrat and I agree with you 100%.
I mean, this person was a guy and for all intents and purposes is still a guy regardless of what they identify as.
Also, I don't like to go on and on with an exception that disproves the rule as if the .00001% of people this effects is as important as the 99.99999% it doesn't but..... my solution is to do away with all genders in all sports. Have one basketball team. If a girl is good enough to make it, awesome.

Funny thing is.... all men's teams already allow anyone good enough to participate. The only reason why there is a women's only league is because women couldn't make the men's league team.

That is the fairest way to do it.
I was thinking the far left on here might come after the ole Devil over my controversial statement. I think you all know who I might be referring to.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I’m serious when I say, I couldn’t care less one way or the other. I find the opinions and reasonings for both sides way more damning and non sensible than the fact that a fruity pebble wants to play a sport with its peers.

Let me be clear, I don’t give two *****. Good for it, I guess. Be cool if you’re cool.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I still cannot wrap my head around adults supporting this.
The vast majority of people don’t. They will always find a few talking heads to make it look like the liberals are coming for your children

Reactions: KentuckyDawg13

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Apparently this is the site that broke this.

I wonder if this is true.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Is it ok to just not especially care? I didn't wake up thinking about Pac 12 women's volleyball, and this doesn't change that. I get there are fairness issues there, and I guess my position is the folks involved will work it out.

It's honestly a bit peculiar to me how worked up folks get about fairly low-stakes athletics - go no further than the long thread we have on high school athletic classifications in Mississippi, or the Potts Camp ref thread. That being said, we all have our issues we care about that appear inane to others, me included.

1702503377315.gif

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Is it ok to just not especially care? I didn't wake up thinking about Pac 12 women's volleyball, and this doesn't change that. I get there are fairness issues there, and I guess my position is the folks involved will work it out.

It's honestly a bit peculiar to me how worked up folks get about fairly low-stakes athletics - go no further than the long thread we have on high school athletic classifications in Mississippi, or the Potts Camp ref thread. That being said, we all have our issues we care about that appear inane to others, me included.

View attachment 477384
Is it low stakes? We spend what, tens of billions of dollars a year on Title IX related stuff to make sure women have lots of opportunities to play sports in college. And as soon as some dude with a penis decides he wants to play with the girls, all of the sudden opportunities for women aren't that important? If we stopped applying Title IX to sports and just let all sports be self funded either through the revenues earned or donors, I'd agree it's really not anybody's concern except for the people paying for that program and the people competing with it.

It's also pretty closely related to issues that do matter to pretty much everybody with daughters or wives. I don't want men to be able to easily walk into any girls restroom and people feel like they can't raise the alarm and have staff or security go get them out.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Is it low stakes? We spend what, tens of billions of dollars a year on Title IX related stuff to make sure women have lots of opportunities to play sports in college. And as soon as some dude with a penis decides he wants to play with the girls, all of the sudden opportunities for women aren't that important? If we stopped applying Title IX to sports and just let all sports be self funded either through the revenues earned or donors, I'd agree it's really not anybody's concern except for the people paying for that program and the people competing with it.

It's also pretty closely related to issues that do matter to pretty much everybody with daughters or wives. I don't want men to be able to easily walk into any girls restroom and people feel like they can't raise the alarm and have staff or security go get them out.
k

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It is a big issue. How many girls have already been severely hurt ? When will one be killed ? What about all these girls practicing hours a day perfecting their craft to make it to the championship only to be crushed by some gay dude who is 5 inches and 40 pounds bigger. Not to mention that they are teaching our kids that men can have babies. I don't care if he wants to dress like a girl and pretend he is one. The rest of the world doesn't have to pretend he is a girl. Wanna wear panties and get nailed at home. Thats fine. You do you. Stay our of my granddaughter locker room

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005

View attachment 477384

Thanks for letting us know. About the equivalent of replying in an NBA thread that you don’t like the NBA.

It’s your passive aggressive way of poking fun at some “outrage”.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It's going to have to be women leading the charge on this, for there to ever really be real protest or to stop it. But women don't care about women's sports, like Bill Burr says. They are too busy watching Real Housewives (shows where women basically tear each other apart).
There have been some women out there fighting it but they get drowned out.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Eh...have some sympathy for people with mental illness. It's the people that encourage them to lean into the fantasy instead of trying to help them that deserve scorn.
This. Teens are confused as it is but then to have grown adults to encourage them that chopping their privates off will make them feel better? The adults are the freaks and should be beat.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012

It doesn't matter until it affects someone he cares about. It’s going to keep happening as well until women finally put their collective feet down and say “no more”.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It is a big issue. How many girls have already been severely hurt ? When will one be killed ? What about all these girls practicing hours a day perfecting their craft to make it to the championship only to be crushed by some gay dude who is 5 inches and 40 pounds bigger. Not to mention that they are teaching our kids that men can have babies. I don't care if he wants to dress like a girl and pretend he is one. The rest of the world doesn't have to pretend he is a girl. Wanna wear panties and get nailed at home. Thats fine. You do you. Stay our of my granddaughter locker room

You really asking when will someone be killed?...like you think it's a concern that a boy will hit a volleyball at a girl so hard she dies?
How often does that happen in the men's game?...take that frequency and apply it to your concern here.

Also, gay and trans are different. Like very different.

I am not in favor of transgirls playing in biologically female specific sports at the school level, but the ignorance shown by many, like what is posted in the quote above, really hurts the argument of less ignorant and fearful people because we are lumped together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login