Its going to be hard for us to compete in volleyball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
SIAP... My initial thought would be the Title IX implications/questions. But, I see our current administration is already out in front of it.

Dawgtruc

Sep 8, 2018
The transphobia in this thread is disgusting. Whether trans girls should play in girls sports is one thing, but the dehumanization is beyond cruel. The suicide rate among trans people is very high because of this sort of hate. I hope all of you find empathy eventually.
Transphobia? Who here fears transgenders?

Young women that have to compete against biological men probably do.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
The transphobia in this thread is disgusting. Whether trans girls should play in girls sports is one thing, but the dehumanization is beyond cruel. The suicide rate among trans people is very high because of this sort of hate. I hope all of you find empathy eventually.
No. It’s because evil adults are confusing them and after doing as they’re told, they realize chopping off their privates didn’t bring them any joy. It only made things worse.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Is it ok to just not especially care? I didn't wake up thinking about Pac 12 women's volleyball, and this doesn't change that. I get there are fairness issues there, and I guess my position is the folks involved will work it out.

It's honestly a bit peculiar to me how worked up folks get about fairly low-stakes athletics - go no further than the long thread we have on high school athletic classifications in Mississippi, or the Potts Camp ref thread. That being said, we all have our issues we care about that appear inane to others, me included.

View attachment 477384
Kind of like folks getting worked up over title IX issues before title ix was created?

Well we got more dude scholarships now than chick scholarships!

patdog

May 28, 2007
The suicide rate is high for a lot more reasons than the "hate" from outside people. These people are very disturbed to begin with. And the pressure they've been getting from the pro-trans community doesn't help them any more than hate from intolerant right wingers.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It's going to have to be women leading the charge on this, for there to ever really be real protest or to stop it. But women don't care about women's sports, like Bill Burr says. They are too busy watching Real Housewives (shows where women basically tear each other apart).
Women are leading the charge and us congress women are calling them bigots for doing it.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Better not be referring to me. I have been clear and consistent on this issue.
So where do you stand?

totally against it?

you fighting for real women’s rights?

we don’t really believe you until you write a thesis about how much you disagreee with it.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Women are leading the charge and us congress women are calling them bigots for doing it.
Exactly - they fight each other. You’d think they’d be united as women over something like this - if only this. But they can’t do it. Which is why the sports will remain an afterthought.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Exactly - they fight each other. You’d think they’d be united as women over something like this - if only this. But they can’t do it. Which is why the sports will remain an afterthought.
I think some of them aren’t vocal because they are scared of being ridiculed by people in their own party.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
You really asking when will someone be killed?...like you think it's a concern that a boy will hit a volleyball at a girl so hard she dies?
How often does that happen in the men's game?...take that frequency and apply it to your concern here.

Also, gay and trans are different. Like very different.

I am not in favor of transgirls playing in biologically female specific sports at the school level, but the ignorance shown by many, like what is posted in the quote above, really hurts the argument of less ignorant and fearful people because we are lumped together.
Ignorance of the generally loud left who is against this but not being loud about this particular topic is the real problem.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
For the sake of this child, and that's who we are talking about here- a child, I hope the reporting is accurate. The IG account of the club she plays for is flooded with outrage posts.
Her life is gonna be brutal regardless, but it would be unconcionable to put someone thru this and the story not be fully accurate.
The outrage mobs are going to froth this up into a furry of over the top claims about how this is an epidemic and widespread and permeating all parts of education, etc.

To be clear, bsed on a little reading, it seems accurate.

And for those that haven't already melted in anger over my post...
- CA allows students to play sports for the gender they identify.
- USAV allows students to play sports for the gender they identify.
I mention this because facts are often rare in conversations like this. She has not broken any rules so far.
FFS you lunatic

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Why did the good news stock market thread get locked but this one is still going strong? I assume most of us are impacted exponentially more by the market than the transgendered playing college sports.

Reactions: dorndawg
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login