Its going to be hard for us to compete in volleyball

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
First of all, gimmick infringement***************************************

Secondly, I abso-freaking-lutely don't care what this one weirdo from California does with in his personal life - he can dress like a woman or buy all the tampons he wants - until it starts affecting me (or in this case, my daughter). If my daughter was about to get a scholarship to play for our mighty volley dawgs, and some 'girl' with a penis takes her spot, I'm pissed. If a dude in a wig with man muscles is out there playing for ole miss and he spikes my daughter into the emergency room, I'm pissed.

I hate to be Mr. conservative "slippery-slope" guy, but that's what this is. It's been proven over and over the last few years, give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Nothing is ever enough. Let him play on the girls team, next thing you know he's taking a scholarship from one of them. Or a spot on the medal stand. And worse, he'll end up in the locker room with your daughter. 17 that.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You really asking when will someone be killed?...like you think it's a concern that a boy will hit a volleyball at a girl so hard she dies?
How often does that happen in the men's game?...take that frequency and apply it to your concern here.

Also, gay and trans are different. Like very different.

I am not in favor of transgirls playing in biologically female specific sports at the school level, but the ignorance shown by many, like what is posted in the quote above, really hurts the argument of less ignorant and fearful people because we are lumped together.
No they are not that different in reality. Do you think volleyball and swimming are the only 2 female sports ? Have you ever heard of wrestling ? And yeah they already had concussions from volleyball spikes from dudes. Also MMA is dealing with it and have already had a skull fracture from a dudes knee to her head. Watch some news other than CNN. The ignorance of people who don't take in all the facts is pathetic. Don't forget about the "trans" boy that raped a girl in the girls bathroom. They shut the story down and moved him to another school and he raped another girl. So obviously he isn't gay. Maybe you can experience that one day

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You really asking when will someone be killed?...like you think it's a concern that a boy will hit a volleyball at a girl so hard she dies?
How often does that happen in the men's game?...take that frequency and apply it to your concern here.

Also, gay and trans are different. Like very different.

I am not in favor of transgirls playing in biologically female specific sports at the school level, but the ignorance shown by many, like what is posted in the quote above, really hurts the argument of less ignorant and fearful people because we are lumped together.
There’s already been some women injured by trans men. I’m pretty sure there was an ice hockey incident and a field hockey incident. The ice hockey one was pretty brutal.

Reactions: paindonthurt

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
For the sake of this child, and that's who we are talking about here- a child, I hope the reporting is accurate. The IG account of the club she plays for is flooded with outrage posts.
Her life is gonna be brutal regardless, but it would be unconcionable to put someone thru this and the story not be fully accurate.
The outrage mobs are going to froth this up into a furry of over the top claims about how this is an epidemic and widespread and permeating all parts of education, etc.

To be clear, bsed on a little reading, it seems accurate.

And for those that haven't already melted in anger over my post...
- CA allows students to play sports for the gender they identify.
- USAV allows students to play sports for the gender they identify.
I mention this because facts are often rare in conversations like this. She has not broken any rules so far.

LimaoCabeca

Nov 17, 2022
Washington, who went 16-15 last year in the Pac 12 is headed to the B1G and signed the California Player of the Year and the MVP of the Girls Junior National Championship.

And yes, that's a dude. Can't wait to see him dominate women's college volleyball.

Tate “Drag”eset. Can’t make that one up

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
No they are not that different in reality. Do you think volleyball and swimming are the only 2 female sports ? Have you ever heard of wrestling ? And yeah they already had concussions from volleyball spikes from dudes. Also MMA is dealing with it and have already had a skull fracture from a dudes knee to her head. Watch some news other than CNN. The ignorance of people who don't take in all the facts is pathetic. Don't forget about the "trans" boy that raped a girl in the girls bathroom. They shut the story down and moved him to another school and he raped another girl. So obviously he isn't gay. Maybe you can experience that one day
You mentioned a girl going against a transfemale that is 5" and 40# bigger. So wrestling isn't applicable.
The discussion is about a volleyball player, so I stuck to volleyball as the sport you are concerned about.

Concussions can, and do, happen in volleyball from a girl hitting the ball.
Again, you fear mentioned killed. A concussion is nothing close to death.

And you end with me being raped. Wow. Delightful***

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
For the sake of this child, and that's who we are talking about here- a child, I hope the reporting is accurate. The IG account of the club she plays for is flooded with outrage posts.
Her life is gonna be brutal regardless, but it would be unconcionable to put someone thru this and the story not be fully accurate.
The outrage mobs are going to froth this up into a furry of over the top claims about how this is an epidemic and widespread and permeating all parts of education, etc.

I mention this because facts are often rare in conversations like this. She has not broken any rules so far.
But no one is arguing that he’s breaking rules….just that it’s a male playing against females (and taking a females roster spot) and that he will have a competitive advantage.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
There’s already been some women injured by trans men. I’m pretty sure there was an ice hockey incident and a field hockey incident. The ice hockey one was pretty brutal.

Yes, I have been pushed articles by Google about injuries like that.
Again though, I responded to the death comment. Men playing volleyball at the highest level don't kill other men with attacks, so the concern that a transgirl in HS or even college is going to somehow hit a ball so hard someone dies is pretty far fetched.

Again, I am not in favor of transgirls playing in biological female leagues in school.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
But no one is arguing that he’s breaking rules….just that it’s a male playing against females (and taking a females roster spot) and that he will have a competitive advantage.
I understand rule breaking hasn't been explicitly mentioned.
But 'hiding' it has been mentioned. This isn't hiding.

And I was curious about the USAV policy since I didn't even know it.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I hate the whole concept and how we're throwing girls and women under the bus, but I'd rather see the frog thrown into the boiling water and everyone be shocked than the heat slowly getting turned up. Like squad of five dudes from some no name school needs to win the women's basketball championship next year.
Sometimes it's better to make a mockery of a ridiculous situation than to have patience with it and hope it goes away. This would nip it for sure.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
You mentioned a girl going against a transfemale that is 5" and 40# bigger. So wrestling isn't applicable.
The discussion is about a volleyball player, so I stuck to volleyball as the sport you are concerned about.

Concussions can, and do, happen in volleyball from a girl hitting the ball.
Again, you fear mentioned killed. A concussion is nothing close to death.

And you end with me being raped. Wow. Delightful***
Oh cmon....its not that dangerous dude. Don't worry about some guy pretending to be a girl. Just look the other way. And it's not you that would be raped pal. Think about what I said. Not what you wanna think I said. Unless you are a girl.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Oh cmon....its not that dangerous dude. Don't worry about some guy pretending to be a girl. Just look the other way. And it's not you that would be raped pal. Think about what I said. Not what you wanna think I said. Unless you are a girl.
Don't forget about the "trans" boy that raped a girl in the girls bathroom. They shut the story down and moved him to another school and he raped another girl. So obviously he isn't gay. Maybe you can experience that one day.

OK, so what are you suggesting I experience one day?...not being gay?

It is possible to not support transgirls playing in biologically female sports while also not being ignorant or a bag. That's really all I meant to say in an earlier post that seems to have triggered you. You don't need to be a bag and spout off ignorant fears because it takes away from the actual argument and it makes others look bad that hold the same overall view.

Reactions: Dawgg

BossDawg78

Jan 25, 2015
It's fascinating how this garbage has caught on. Just fascinating...and many schools are encouraging this crap. We were taught in nursing school (2002 - 2004) to never play along with a patient's delusions. You at least TRY to bring them back to reality, otherwise they'll just get worse because their delusions are validated. It's the same thing with these trannies. And hypothetically speaking, what would keep a white person from identifying as black if reparations are ever passed? Why wouldn't that work? Or would it?

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
And hypothetically speaking, what would keep a white person from identifying as black if reparations are ever passed? Why wouldn't that work? Or would it?
You should definitely start a thread about this.***

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
The vast majority of people don’t. They will always find a few talking heads to make it look like the liberals are coming for your children

30% is a lot of damn people who think it is OK. This is equivalent to nearly 100M Americans. The number should be well under 5% since this is such a common sense issue.

Last edited:

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
There have been some women out there fighting it but they get drowned out.
My wife is a former college athlete and this stuff gets her unhinged and crazy pissed. This is taking away from hard working actual females. Some hard working real females out there aren't getting scholarships because some dude wants to pretend to be a girl.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Women's tee box in golf. Driving range? You put the best women up against best men in golf and it's not even close.

• Haha
Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Don't forget about the "trans" boy that raped a girl in the girls bathroom. They shut the story down and moved him to another school and he raped another girl. So obviously he isn't gay. Maybe you can experience that one day.

OK, so what are you suggesting I experience one day?...not being gay?

It is possible to not support transgirls playing in biologically female sports while also not being ignorant or a bag. That's really all I meant to say in an earlier post that seems to have triggered you. You don't need to be a bag and spout off ignorant fears because it takes away from the actual argument and it makes others look bad that hold the same overall view.
Those were actual events that have happened out here in the real world. I was insinuating that you might have a daughter that could be subjected to this stuff but I'm betting you don't have kids

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

He

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022

Joe Biden Reaction GIF by Election 2020

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Also curious if USAV allowed it or not, from that article (appears true) it seems his family kept it largely hidden from clubs, coaches, other players, etc. People suspected but no one wanted to be ‘that person’ to come out and complain and risk being wrong.

It’s a situation where probably 90% of trans people in high school sports aren’t good enough to be any factor and go unnoticed,, but there’s a handful that just exploit the situation. Dominating a women’s sport to the point of winning titles/medals/MVP/P5 scholarships is just a dick move (no pun intended). I don‘t understand the appeal of putting that negative spotlight on himself.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I know I will take some heat for that, que the libs to come after the ole Devil.
Hi. Liberal member of the pack here. I’m actually on the side of people being born biologically male being unable to compete in women’s sports.

I’m 100% for people being true to themselves and if someone who is born biologically male wakes up one day and feels like they’re a woman. Fine, you’re a woman. Dress how you want and get whatever gender-affirming care you need to be who you feel like you are.

That being said, there are too many physical advantages those born physically male have over people who are born biologically female and to allow them to take the already limited spots afforded to biological females away is unfair.

I feel bad for those kids in this world that feel like they can’t be who they really are, but balancing that against taking opportunities away from deserving girls and women, I have to stop there.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Those were actual events that have happened out here in the real world. I was insinuating that you might have a daughter that could be subjected to this stuff but I'm betting you don't have kids
That is what you were trying to say? F17S.

I have 2 daughters- 16 and 13. Both play sports. I coach HS girls volleyball and also club volleyball.
3 days ago, a 9th grader on my HS team asked me title9 was and we talked about the big points.

I am as entrenched in supporting females having opportunity to play sports as I think I could be.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
That is what you were trying to say? F17S.

I have 2 daughters- 16 and 13. Both play sports. I coach HS girls volleyball and also club volleyball.
3 days ago, a 9th grader on my HS team asked me title9 was and we talked about the big points.

I am as entrenched in supporting females having opportunity to play sports as I think I could be.
…until a dude (that’s been twisted by some evil adults in his life) decides he wants to take a spot on a team that should go to an actual female.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Where is Riley Gaines when you need her? In all seriousness dudes should not be competing in girls sports. I know I will take some heat for that, que the libs to come after the ole Devil. I also love what Gaines did say in the congressional hearing and it does ring true. You only see this happening in one direction there are no examples of "boys" trying to break into men's sports this way.
Don't despair. A school in the Memphis area just opened an Afterschool Daycare Satan Club. And it seems to be generating a good amount of interest. Take a win when you can get one huh?

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Don't despair. A school in the Memphis area just opened an Afterschool Daycare Satan Club. And it seems to be generating a good amount of interest. Take a win when you can get one huh?
I have never understood why my dad gets all the half way intelligent worshippers, and I get stuck with the morons.

Lucifer Morningstar

Aug 30, 2022
Hi. Liberal member of the pack here. I’m actually on the side of people being born biologically male being unable to compete in women’s sports.

I’m 100% for people true to themselves and if someone who is born biologically male wakes up one day and feels like they’re a woman. Fine, you’re a woman. Dress how you want and get whatever gender-affirming care you need to be who you feel like you are.

That being said, there are too many physical advantages those born physically male have over people who are born biologically female and to allow them to take the already limited spots afforded to biological females away is unfair.

I feel bad for those kids in this world that feel like they can’t be who they really are, but balancing that against taking opportunities away from deserving girls and women, I have to stop there.

I just figured my take would be seen as less than socially empathetic. I tend to agree with most everything here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login