Ja Morant acting up again

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
You are talking about one day in the city of Nashville v a whole culture in Memphis that happens on the daily.

Nashville = country music. (for the most part)
Memphis = rap music (for the most part).
Vandy Hospital has been doing this for years. And they do it recklessly only for profit.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think I mistakenly inferred that you were referring to legal concealed carriers when you mentioned people that “can’t leave their house without packing.” I apologize.
Honestly, legal or not, I don't understand living in such fear that you feel you always have to have a weapon. I guess I just refuse to let fear have that kind of a hold on my life. I have plenty of CC friends who are all the time time showing me their latest ankle holster or quick release under dash holster that loads the chamber as you engage the release, etc. I don't argue with them, I just think, as they sit there so proud of their latest purchase, "how sad...". I don't harbor any ill will. They are my friends. I just don't understand the mindset. Maybe I'll die throwing PEZ at a gunman at a Walmart and you can have your way with my epitaph...:)

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
From what’s in that article, which most certainly isn’t the full truth, that’s terrible and I hope the man faces the appropriate charges.

But again that’s 0.5% of gun deaths. Maybe less.

Also appears she was shot with a shotgun or something besides an “assault” rifle. Let’s ban em all!
Just universal background checks, some limits on the readily available high human kill capacity guns and red flag laws. And all of that may or may not have prevented this specific one, but it would help overall. We worship guns. The NRA lobbies for extreme positions that most Americans don't support. Last stat I saw roughly 85% of Americans would support common sense gun laws. The closest left equivalent argument I can think of for comparison is abortion where some fringe left would be OK with it right up to birth, but the majority of folks have a less harsh and more nuanced opinion.

People often point to Chicago as the great gun laws don't work gotcha. #1 source of guns used in violent crime there? Right across the border in Indiana. #2? Mississippi. Two states with practically no restrictions on purchase.

Reactions: mstateglfr

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Hot take- politicians who make their family pose with ARs and handguns are 17ing stupid trolls and should be laughed out of Congress(or whatever elected position they hold). Similarily, Morant should be laughed out of Memphis for flashing guns on IG Live and elsewhere.

But this is a city and team that has not only accepted, but proudly embraced 'whoop that trick' as their rally cry and song. That alone says everything.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This is the minority by a land slide and NO DOUBT YOU ARE SAYING SUCH CAUSE THE MEDIA HAS HYPED UP THAT LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE EVEN REMOTELY THE PROBLEM.
At the point the formerly law abiding citizen decides to not be law abiding, I'd prefer they have less human killing capable guns in their hands than we presently allow. The stats on the assault rifle(stupid term) ban impact on mass killings are pretty straightforward. It was substantial. I think that we let fear, slippery slope principal and politics prevent a common sense approach. Politicians don't care, but just stoke the base so they keep getting funded by the NRA.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Just universal background checks, some limits on the readily available high human kill capacity guns and red flag laws. And all of that may or may not have prevented this specific one, but it would help overall. We worship guns. The NRA lobbies for extreme positions that most Americans don't support. Last stat I saw roughly 85% of Americans would support common sense gun laws. The closest left equivalent argument I can think of for comparison is abortion where some fringe left would be OK with it right up to birth, but the majority of folks have a less harsh and more nuanced opinion.

People often point to Chicago as the great gun laws don't work gotcha. #1 source of guns used in violent crime there? Right across the border in Indiana. #2? Mississippi. Two states with practically no restrictions on purchase.
Something to just help show how different this country is now compared to a few short decades ago- this law passed by a vote of 313-1.
313-1.
I wonder what the vote would be today. Would it even pass?
The Gun-Free School Zones Act (GFSZA) is an act of the U.S. Congress prohibiting any unauthorized individual from knowingly possessing a loaded or unsecured firearm at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone as defined by 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(25). The law applies to public, private, and parochial elementary schools and high schools, and to non-private property within 1,000 feet (300 m) feet of them. It provides that the states and their political subdivisions may issue licenses that exempt the licensed individuals from the prohibition.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I think all those pics look silly but I can’t help you can’t see the difference.
An underage child handling an AR seems like a bad idea to me. Waving a pistol around in a car seems like a bad idea to me. Choosing your object of worship at Christmas time to be high capacity ARs seems like a tragedy. Knowing that having all your family members appear to worship guns in your Christmas card picture will stoke your base seems like a double tragedy. Are their pictures any different than below, other than pigmentation?
30+ Gang Member Gun Teenager Black Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free  Images - iStock
Life, death and gangs in south DeKalb, redux
In Brazil, where the homicide rate is five times that of the US, a new push  to relax gun laws. | The World from PRX
Black Americans Buy Guns, Firearms For Protection Amid Fight For Racial  Justice : NPRAs the ranks of Black gun owners grow, the Second Amendment finds fresh  support

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Unless he has a past felony we're not aware of, he certainly can be in possession of a firearm. Now regarding the NBA rules, I don't know legally what they can do. China basically owns the NBA and uses leftist propaganda to turn the U.S. public against gun ownership. But legally? I think he's ok. Being in a very gun-friendly area ARK/MS/ TN is probably a plus for him also.
Figures someone would justify this....lol 🤡

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
An underage child handling an AR seems like a bad idea to me. Waving a pistol around in a car seems like a bad idea to me. Choosing your object of worship at Christmas time to be high capacity ARs seems like a tragedy. Knowing that having all your family members appear to worship guns in your Christmas card picture will stoke your base seems like a double tragedy. Are their pictures any different than below, other than pigmentation?
30+ Gang Member Gun Teenager Black Stock Photos, Pictures & Royalty-Free  Images - iStock
View attachment 340333
In Brazil, where the homicide rate is five times that of the US, a new push  to relax gun laws. | The World from PRX
View attachment 340334View attachment 340335
Not different whatsoever and all ridiculous.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I mean this thread was about guns. Talking about guns is very on topic.
Read page 3 of this thread and tell me this discussion has a thing to do with the initial post or topic. It just gets old watching every thread turn into people yelling left and right talking points at each other.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
At the point the formerly law abiding citizen decides to not be law abiding, I'd prefer they have less human killing capable guns in their hands than we presently allow. The stats on the assault rifle(stupid term) ban impact on mass killings are pretty straightforward. It was substantial. I think that we let fear, slippery slope principal and politics prevent a common sense approach. Politicians don't care, but just stoke the base so they keep getting funded by the NRA.
I don’t really care what you’d prefer.

When they start treating actual criminals like criminals I’ll let them think about treating me like one.

Reactions: GomJabbar

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
View attachment 340333
View attachment 340334View attachment 340335
Some of the pictures absolutely are different. Some aren’t.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Read page 3 of this thread and tell me this discussion has a thing to do with the initial post or topic. It just gets old watching every thread turn into people yelling left and right talking points at each other.
Probably gonna surprise you to learn 2 things.

you stated this on page 2 which is before page 3.
It was on lefty who started the political stuff.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Probably gonna surprise you to learn 2 things.

you stated this on page 2 which is before page 3.
It was on lefty who started the political stuff.
I replied to a post on page 2. The thread was already to page 3s. For some reason it my message posted on both the 2nd and 3rd page.

I don’t think I have argued something less important than this before in my life.

and to be clear, I don’t care if it was righty or lefty. Both sides are equally annoying.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I replied to a post on page 2. The thread was already to page 3s. For some reason it my message posted on both the 2nd and 3rd page.

I don’t think I have argued something less important than this before in my life.

and to be clear, I don’t care if it was righty or lefty. Both sides are equally annoying.
So quit arguing it.

Son_of_34

Sep 30, 2012
Honest question would it have been better if he was at a firing range with goggles and earmuffs showing off shooting skills?

Everyone knows the issue here but no one is man enough to say it

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Honest question would it have been better if he was at a firing range with goggles and earmuffs showing off shooting skills?

Everyone knows the issue here but no one is man enough to say it
That 100% would have been better. And if you are implying this is race related get all of the way out of here with that. If Jokic or Luka had done the same crap they would be in just as much trouble. Stupid is stupid no matter what color your skin is. If that isn’t what you were implying then I seriously apologize.

Reactions: GomJabbar

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
He just needs to join the NRA and change his name to Ja Morant Freedom and he'll be fine.

Reactions: ckDOG

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

JJ said it best

Chris Russo- that guy has a face for radio and a voice for print.
...yet here he is on TV.

I dont watch ESPN during the day, and random clips from First Take consistently confirm I have made the correct decision.

Sep 15, 2009
You're actually destroying that which you are trying to defend.

Obama and Biden, both with dems controlling both houses for a period of time, did nothing about guns. But the minute a mass shooting happens and republicans control at least one branch of gov't, they all can't wait to find a microphone to blame republicans and call for gun bans.

Democrats aren't interested in gun control. It's just another political game they play to divide folks when it's politically convenient to do so.

Republicans do it too.
Ah, Drebin, I wasn't defending anything. Just pointing out facts. Re-read my post.
"No, it's Morons who believe people are trying to 17 with the 2nd." If he had argued that Dems failed to do anything while they were in office and had the ability to do so, I would have agreed with him, just as I do your post. You are just making my point - which is no one is coming for your guns; so Thank You?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login