Ja Morant airlines.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Didn’t think I’d ever like them as much as I did with grit n grind. I was wrong.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Yeah this current line up is as fun of a Grizzlies team as we have ever had

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I was at this game. That dunk happened right in front of me. It was ridiculous in person.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Nice! I was there too! How you decide to do a windmill when you are 10’ in the air is beyond me.

Well I know all the times I've done it that it wasn't really a big deal.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I never been so entertained watching one of my teams

And MSU is fresh off a baseball natty. You can't look away for but a couple of seconds without the chance you miss a Top 10 for the day. They are only getting better and they aren't healthy. The West is theirs for the taking - maybe as early as this year if they are hot come playoff time. 5-2 against PHX/GS I believe. They can beat the best.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
And MSU is fresh off a baseball natty. You can't look away for but a couple of seconds without the chance you miss a Top 10 for the day. They are only getting better and they aren't healthy. The West is theirs for the taking - maybe as early as this year if they are hot come playoff time. 5-2 against PHX/GS I believe. They can beat the best.

Hope FT shooting doesn't bite them in playoffs.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It was good that they made the playoffs last year. Gives them an idea of the intensity it takes to win a playoff series. They’re hungry.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
That was a huge experience for them

Every minute of postseason experience is big for a team with basically 2 vets. Steven Adams is going to be way undervalued for us in postseason having about 60 postseason games notched on the belt. He knows.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah this current line up is as fun of a Grizzlies team as we have ever had

Just me, along with Billy Packer, and many others of my age group (>65), but I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow than watch an NBA game. Haven't watched it in at least 30 years, probably longer. But hey, all you youngsters enjoy it before it destroys itself, which it inevitably will. As it is now, it reminds me of a combination of Roller Ball (see movie) and Roller Derby; the only things missing are skates and wheels. LOL!!

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I was at this game. That dunk happened right in front of me. It was ridiculous in person.

I was stuck in concessions lines and was walking back to my seat when there was a cheer(block from bane) then a tremendous roar(the dunk). Everybody in the atrium just froze and turned to the TVs yelling for a replay.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Just me, along with Billy Packer, and many others of my age group (>65), but I'd rather watch paint dry or grass grow than watch an NBA game. Haven't watched it in at least 30 years, probably longer. But hey, all you youngsters enjoy it before it destroys itself, which it inevitably will. As it is now, it reminds me of a combination of Roller Ball (see movie) and Roller Derby; the only things missing are skates and wheels. LOL!!
Have you watched a college game the last 2-3 years? Talk about paint drying.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008

If you haven't watched it in 30 years, how does it remind you of anything?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
If you’re so sold on it not being good, how would you know if you haven’t watched it in 30 years?

DoomSlayer

Jan 13, 2018

So you hate the NBA so much you click on threads about it and make long posts pertaining to the league? Weird.

Last edited:

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Truth

Have you watched a college game the last 2-3 years? Talk about paint drying.

Men's college basketball is an unwatchable sport starting with the rules all the way through strategy and execution. I can't watch it unless it's March where the tournament aspect at least makes it interesting. I'd probably watch BSU ultimate frisbee before watching a regular season college basketball game.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It’s a lot of fun watching a team that’s having fun like these Grizzlies. They’re playing for each other in a way that’s very rare in basketball today, and I don’t know whether Ja, Jenkins, or Kleiman deserves more credit for that.

Speaking of Ja, he has ascended to must see TV status, and I’m not sure that there are 5 players hotter than him right now. He’s the type player that even opposing fans want to see, and opposing players will want to play with him. I love the current roster, but it’ll be real interesting to see how things play out over the next couple years. For now, I’ll just enjoy the hell out of this group

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Every minute of postseason experience is big for a team with basically 2 vets. Steven Adams is going to be way undervalued for us in postseason having about 60 postseason games notched on the belt. He knows.

Last year's playoff experience has proven extremely beneficial for this team in multiple ways:

1. The obvious is that they got some playoff experience
2. Last year in the playoffs, Utah absolutely abused Memphis on the pick and roll, which led to the Grizzlies ultimately deciding to trade JV, who was a defensive liability, and bringing in a better defender at the position.
3. The way they made the playoffs - by traveling to Golden State and beating the Warriors - was a character-building performance by that team

I think the Grizzlies can beat anyone in the West. I think the team they struggle with the most is the Mavericks, but when the Grizz are fully healthy, they can take anyone in a seven game series.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login