Jackson Airport

Aug 22, 2012
This place is an absolute customer service abyss. Got here an hour fifteen before flight. They won’t let me on. Two people at United counter. No one waiting. In fact no one in the terminal but me that doesn’t work here. Four people in baggage check laughing at me begging to get on flight. Absolutely ridiculous. Will never step foot in this place again. I guess checking in the 22 people on this flight was just too much.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
star trek facebook gif GIF

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
This place is an absolute customer service abyss. Got here an hour fifteen before flight. They won’t let me on. Two people at United counter. No one waiting. In fact no one in the terminal but me that doesn’t work here. Four people in baggage check laughing at me begging to get on flight. Absolutely ridiculous. Will never step foot in this place again. I guess checking in the 22 people on this flight was just too much.
Curious as to the reason they gave for not letting you on the flight. That seems arbitrary.

Aug 22, 2012
This place is a ghost town. Waiting till 12 to catch next flight. There are three other passengers in this terminal besides me. Hard to believe it’s this empty on a Monday. No restaurant to wait in. Not even a place to buy a cup of coffee. Pathetic. Now just sitting here watching the carousel of the city council members spin round and round.

LOTRGOTDAWGFAN

May 23, 2022
do yourself a favor: fly through gulfport or laurel/hattiesburg airports. clean, awesome customer service, not overly busy, expedient as well.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
This place is a ghost town. Waiting till 12 to catch next flight. There are three other passengers in this terminal besides me. Hard to believe it’s this empty on a Monday. No restaurant to wait in. Not even a place to buy a cup of coffee. Pathetic. Now just sitting here watching the carousel of the city council members spin round and round.
There's a bar and grill and on the west concourse, probably not open yet though.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Why don't you get a little more specific about what your problem is. So you're trying to get on a flight that you didn't have previously booked? And you're mad at the airline when they don't have a seat for you? OK.

And newsflash, you have to get beyond security to find the restaurants. They do have the Hudson place there, but don't think you can get coffee there, which is sorta weird.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Elections have consequences

Philly Dawg

Oct 6, 2012
Did you show up without a ticket? Why not try to buy one on United’s website beforehand?

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Everybody else left for ATL or DFW at 5:00 a.m. on Delta or AA. Who flies United out of Jackhole? Bound to go wrong.

Reactions: Lumpy1055

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Gluckstadt International Airport

…..it’s time….
I have a little secret for you. The FAA bars licensure or certification of any airport location that is within a certain proximity of an existing airport. Believe me, when the black nationalists who run the city that controls JAN made it clear that they will have to be drug nearly dead to the negotiating table before they will consider a sharing arrangement for JAN's oversight, an all-out effort to find an alternative location for an airport ensued. The location would have to be so far away from the metro that it made no sense.

Aug 22, 2012
Curious as to the reason they gave for not letting you on the flight. That seems arbitrary.
Too late he said. I missed by two minutes apparently. No one else there. Hell I walked outside and watched the plane take off 15 minutes late. I could’ve walked my one bag down myself and been there in plenty of time. He just didn’t want to help and pretty much said so. And then I find out the Seattle airport where I’m headed was suffering from a cyber attack. Gonna be a long day
Why don't you get a little more specific about what your problem is. So you're trying to get on a flight that you didn't have previously booked? And you're mad at the airline when they don't have a seat for you? OK.

And newsflash, you have to get beyond security to find the restaurants. They do have the Hudson place there, but don't think you can get coffee there, which is sorta
Not rocket science there player. Let me spell it out. App says check in cut off is 45 minutes prior to takeoff. I was here 1 hour and 15 minutes prior. That’s 30 minutes before cutoff since I have to spell it out to the keyboard smartass. I have a bag to check. He said I was two minutes late and would have to take next flight. Crap customer service was my point.

Next point was how empty this place is. Seems like it should be busier on a Monday but that’s just my thoughts. Put the two together and you might figure out I was thinking that poor customer service might just be why this place is empty.

as for the restaurants…. I am well aware that you have to go through security to get to them. But seeing as I have a bag to check and none of the employees here to check it means I’m stuck out in the terminal for a while. Just surprised there wasn’t anywhere to get a cup of coffee. And the little newsstand has a cooler that is out so no cold drinks either. Room temp it is. Look. I’ve got four hours to kill. If I need to explain further I will be glad to.

Aug 22, 2012
The Jackghanistan airport is fine. Get there an hour and a half early, go thru security and go to your gate and wait. It's not that hard. This dude's story sounds made up.
See my reply to OG. I had to check a bag. They wouldn’t do it. Said I was too late despite being here 30 minutes prior to cut off. It’s not difficult to understand. Crappy customer service. Dude just didn’t want to help. It’s not that hard to understand. Damn the internet badasses are out bright and early on a Monday.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
Next point was how empty this place is. Seems like it should be busier on a Monday but that’s just my thoughts. Put the two together and you might figure out I was thinking that poor customer service might just be why this place is empty.
Most flights from/to BWI and ATL (on SW) are pretty full.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
If you are trying to get on a plane why are you in baggage claim where people are laughing at you? Your story sounds fake, sir
I think he is probably talking about the employees at the checked baggage scanner/conveyor belt area. It's right there next to the ticket counter.

The story rings true to me. In fact, something similar has happened to me. And why would he make up a story like this anyway?

ETA: there is actually one baggage handler/customer service guy there who deserves a shout out. The older black gentleman with the big guns. He looks like an ex ball player or weightlifter or something. Shockingly in that environment, he always has a great attitude and usually will try to help.

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
See my reply to OG. I had to check a bag. They wouldn’t do it. Said I was too late despite being here 30 minutes prior to cut off. It’s not difficult to understand. Crappy customer service. Dude just didn’t want to help. It’s not that hard to understand. Damn the internet badasses are out bright and early on a Monday.
I'm not calling you a liar, but the story seems kinda sketchy. Hard to believe they simply would not allow you to check in, for no good reason at all. Are you sure you weren't late? Even the biggest assshole in the world likely values his job more than just being a jackasss to a customer.

• Sad
Reactions: Anon1697564126

CoastTrash

Aug 22, 2012
The state should settle the litigation by buying the airport from the city of Jackson. It’s time to get the lawsuit settled and move on. The litigation has been going for years.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Too late he said. I missed by two minutes apparently. No one else there. Hell I walked outside and watched the plane take off 15 minutes late. I could’ve walked my one bag down myself and been there in plenty of time. He just didn’t want to help and pretty much said so. And then I find out the Seattle airport where I’m headed was suffering from a cyber attack. Gonna be a long day

Not rocket science there player. Let me spell it out. App says check in cut off is 45 minutes prior to takeoff. I was here 1 hour and 15 minutes prior. That’s 30 minutes before cutoff since I have to spell it out to the keyboard smartass. I have a bag to check. He said I was two minutes late and would have to take next flight. Crap customer service was my point.

as for the restaurants…. I am well aware that you have to go through security to get to them. But seeing as I have a bag to check and none of the employees here to check it means I’m stuck out in the terminal for a while. Just surprised there wasn’t anywhere to get a cup of coffee. And the little newsstand has a cooler that is out so no cold drinks either. Room temp it is. Look. I’ve got four hours to kill. If I need to explain further I will be glad to.
Have you called United customer service number? You may be able to get some vouchers or something. If that doesn't work, maybe put your story on social media and tag United. I'd make that a last resort, but most big companies tend to pay attention to that.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The state should settle the litigation by buying the airport from the city of Jackson. It’s time to get the lawsuit settled and move on. The litigation has been going for years.
State doesn't want it. A per Harkins' bill, all the state does is pick the board members.

The other entities that would govern, would have to pay out the City of Jackson. And the City would likely still keep a spot or two on the board - can't remember the exact makeup it, but Jackson should have representation.

But yes, your overarching point is correct. Jackson needs to be paid for whatever they would be losing.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
I typically check-in at the kiosk (so I don't have to speak with front desk idiots) at least 1.5-2 hours before my time of departure. Also, when traveling domestically, I never (ever) check a bag.

This prevents most potential problems at check-in.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I think he is probably talking about the employees at the checked baggage scanner/conveyor belt area. It's right there next to the ticket counter.

The story rings true to me. In fact, something similar has happened to me. And why would he make up a story like this anyway?

ETA: there is actually one baggage handler/customer service guy there who deserves a shout out. The older black gentleman with the big guns. He looks like an ex ball player or weightlifter or something. Shockingly in that environment, he always has a great attitude and usually will try to help.
@Pink Floyd.sixpack made this post at 6:41. Per here: https://jmaa.com/jan/my-flight/

United flight scheduled for 7:00, left gate at 6:58. Hmmm, could be some sketchiness to that 2 minutes. Takeoff did appear to be a little delayed.

Pink said he got there 1:15 before flight, so 5:45. That's a long time to argue. I mean if you got there late, and the guy didn't do you a favor, I'd understand, just an assshole. But if you got there early, and he didn't help, he needs to be fired.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I fly in/out of Jackson all the time for over 20 years, never once had a problem like this. Customer service cannot do crap for you if you are late. Did you need a hug and free counseling? They have seen this scenario you are in play out 100 times or more and it is what it is. And they have seen plenty of people go off with no results lol.

Early morning flights fly out of the other side usually, as it is a Delta preferred airport. Lots of folks on that side early in the AM.

P.S don't check a bag, carry on and get there 30 minutes prior. It's nice. Sign up for free travel tips at timetogrowupandtravel on Twitter.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
Damn, that sucks. Seems like experiences like yours are more and more common. Infuriating I know. I do love GTR though.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Everybody else left for ATL or DFW at 5:00 a.m. on Delta or AA. Who flies United out of Jackhole? Bound to go wrong.
I regularly fly to Jackson from Dulles when visiting family in Mississippi. I take Delta (through Atlanta) every single time.

I never fly American anymore. United flights go through Houston to get to Jackson.

Reactions: onewoof

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
Man, I fly out of Jackson somewhat regularly. I've never had an issue boarding. It's always been so quick and easy compared to other airports.

The only issue I've ever had there was about three years ago. I guess I was on the last flight in to JAN, and it was delayed by a couple of hours. When we arrived the crew that hooks up the breezeway had gone home. Ended up sitting on the plane for twenty minutes for them to find soeone to roll the stairs out.

But all in all I love flying out of Jackson when I can. Beats flying out of MEM or MSY by a long shot.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

I've never heard of them not checking your bags anytime, regardless of whether they got on the intended plane or not. Odd...

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012

Internet cred?*** Seriously, the number of things that SPSr's will accuse someone of making up entirely is limitless, whether it makes any sense to make it up or not...

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Man, I fly out of Jackson somewhat regularly. I've never had an issue boarding. It's always been so quick and easy compared to other airports.

The only issue I've ever had there was about three years ago. I guess I was on the last flight in to JAN, and it was delayed by a couple of hours. When we arrived the crew that hooks up the breezeway had gone home. Ended up sitting on the plane for twenty minutes for them to find soeone to roll the stairs out.

But all in all I love flying out of Jackson when I can. Beats flying out of MEM or MSY by a long shot.
Yeah.

Jackson is easy.

The only times I’ve flown from other airports (PIB, MSY) were because of cost and convenience— better rate going from Hattiesburg via old Northwest and nonstop flights between MSY & RDU and a far better rate going to Dublin.

Do you still have to get your bags and re-check them plus go through security again if you have a connection in Nashville?

Not if you’re flying American out of BNA.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked
Aug 22, 2012
I fly in/out of Jackson all the time for over 20 years, never once had a problem like this. Customer service cannot do crap for you if you are late. Did you need a hug and free counseling? They have seen this scenario you are in play out 100 times or more and it is what it is. And they have seen plenty of people go off with no results lol.

Early morning flights fly out of the other side usually, as it is a Delta preferred airport. Lots of folks on that side early in the AM.

P.S don't check a bag, carry on and get there 30 minutes prior. It's nice. Sign up for free travel tips at timetogrowupandtravel on Twitter.
I normally do not have issues either. Taking some things for work so had to check bag. Don’t need travel tips. TSA guy told gate manager what happened so I got some vouchers And an apology out of it. Not sure why the guy wouldn’t check me in. He was by himself and took off after he told me I was too late. I guess the IBS hit him because he hasn’t been seen since. Anyway. Main reason for my post was how few people were here. Still pretty empty.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login