Jackson Lahue commits (former Va Tech guy), no one mentions it......

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
....I guess that's against the doomsayer narrative.

We want more big linemen, well, we got one.

We want more recruiting in Texas, well, we got one.

Crickets.

I'll give Mike Leach one thing, he doesn't commit many guys that don't have any talent. 1-85, he will probably build the most talented roster we've ever had, with few weak links.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Appears it happened within the hour. Should there be 4 threads about it already?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
How about we don't hang a recruiting banner until we see if they even sign, and then, wait a year or 2 and see if they do really have talent?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He's a big, strong dude for sure. That's a great start. I remember the 80's when we had a hard time finding starters over 6'3" 275.

Oh, and some of his other offers were Columbia, Dartmouth and Harvard, so the all important OL gray matter shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
How about we don't hang a recruiting banner until we see if they even sign, and then, wait a year or 2 and see if they do really have talent?
Shut up. Don't have to be Saban to see that Leach is bringing in guys who can play, and most have legitimate P5 offers. That is what name cache will do for you.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
He's a big, strong dude for sure. That's a great start. I remember the 80's when we had a hard time finding starters over 6'3" 275
Seems like Mullen did that too, but he and Hevesy did a good job coaching them. Their scheme was good for what MS generally produces in an OL. And credit to Leach, he's going out and finding good guys that fit what he does, I personally never thought he could do it. Same with QBs. I always figured we'd find the WRs.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Idk, but there was a doom and gloom thread up pretty quickly about us losing a defensive analyst to Florida. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
If its that easy to spot talent, how did Saban and Leach both missed on Lashley?

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
If its that easy to spot talent, how did Saban and Leach both missed on Lashley?
We all know there are intangibles to this stuff, you're just wasting both of our time. But you can certainly do things to maximize your chances of having good players.

It's Friday. Smile, have a drink, and loosen up. Or go read all of Leeshouldveflanked's posts and be miserable. Up to you I guess.

Ralph Cramden

Jan 7, 2020
They have been on him for a couple weeks now. Looks like a good one. And ya know....we only offered a scholarship. Guess Texas didn't want him.

Feb 23, 2008
But Bo says we're playing checkers. This is the kind of lineman we need. Long

frame, long arms, and some room to keep growing. And a huge plus that he's from Texas. You can't have enough networking out there. But back to the bitching about recruiting. This won't be a top 10 class. Not even top 15 but someone please explain to me when we ever have? This will be 20-25 which may well be Leach's best ever. And it's loaded with high 3 star guys that should be 4. I guarantee you Locke, for example, would be a 4 star if he hadn't shut down his recruitment so early.

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Oh so throw the baby out with the bath water cause of one poor game? I don't remember Lashley struggling in any other games besides OM this year. Seems he coulda used a little help from our coaches and considering it took Leach ten seconds to even remember who Lashley was post game maybe his poor performance should be credited more to our coaches failing to give him help than it was on the player.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
He should be 87-88. He's got good feet, balance, athletic., and very intelligent. Can't wait to see him once he's gone thru Leach's gauntlet.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I have a hard time judging huge lineman in HS because their competition is usually so undersized, but I was not expecting his feet to be as quick (well, not slow) as they are. Potential...

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
He's a big, strong dude for sure. That's a great start. I remember the 80's when we had a hard time finding starters over 6'3" 275.

Oh, and some of his other offers were Columbia, Dartmouth and Harvard, so the all important OL gray matter shouldn't be an issue.

This.

In my opinion, this should be a component of our recruiting strategy.

Sign smart players . . . especially when it comes to offensive linemen.

(I suppose that I'm stating the obvious, right?)

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
You have a very, very short memory then. If he hadn't been called for holding so many times this year no telling how many sacks he would have given up

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login