Jackson making moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
The current mayor won reelection with a little over 13k votes. Only 19k votes were cast over all for the 4 candidates in 2021. This is for a city of more 150k residents.

Before any of these "solutions" being tossed about can even be considered, the residents must get off their *** and vote in competent leadership. It also means that competent people must run for mayor, city council, district attorney, etc. Therein lies the rub, as most people I know, both Democrat and Republican, who would be great administrators and leaders who would be able to turn the city around have no desire to inherit the mess the city finds itself in.

In my opinion, after living here for 42 of my 47 years on this Earth, the state needs to take the city over for a limited time to rectify the water situation, the infrastructure situation and to some degree the crime situation. I realize that will probably never happen but it would go a long way to stop the steady decline.

Jackson has a lot of potential but it will never be achieved if the residents don't demand better from their elected officials.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
The problem with that is the number of low skill jobs are dwindling throughout the country. When you add in the number of HS dropout, those who don't want basic training skills and those that don't want to work, you will not attract good jobs. Continental can't keep employees due to the weird work schedules and folks not wanting to work. That's why jobs don't come.

I would have agreed with that before 2020. Now, I just don't know.

Besides, if you put in true Made-in-USA requirements, then producers will have to find the workers.

BoomBoom.sixpack

Aug 22, 2012
I 17n do every paycheck. I help provide them with free school, free breakfast, free lunch, and a 17n free ride to and from school. Hell i'm even feeding them in the summer now because their POS guardians are too 17n lazy to provide for them and parent them in the summer. so 17 u and this BS narrative. I grew up on food stamps, govt cheese, mayo sammiches, and dry cereal. These ******** dont know what poor is!!

So they have plenty of opportunity now, and are just too stupid and lazy to take it?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Most people who are employed aren’t on benefits. I mean some part time people and some full time might be but most of those don’t work for “big” employers.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Here’s how you get rid of the corruption and transactional cost.

Tax everyone less.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Go 17 yourself.

It’s not just black people but they do represent a large (mstateglfr words) per capita percentage.

I’ve been an ops manager and a director of ops for companies that employee mostly black workers.

Tons quit at tax season bc they get a check. Then 2 months later beg to come back.
The same ones gripe about car problems. I tell them to use the tax money for repairs or a better used car.

Reform the system? How about reform the 10% of the people who are lazy as ****?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I 17n do every paycheck. I help provide them with free school, free breakfast, free lunch, and a 17n free ride to and from school. Hell i'm even feeding them in the summer now because their POS guardians are too 17n lazy to provide for them and parent them in the summer. so 17 u and this BS narrative. I grew up on food stamps, govt cheese, mayo sammiches, and dry cereal. These ******** dont know what poor is!!

I won't say I was dirt poor because I did work after school at the school sweeping floors and taking out garbage while Mom worked two jobs because they didn't pay women well in the 70's. She led me by example to be a hard worker. The way I see it there ain't enough leaders in that world but there also ain't enough opportunities either partly because all the small factory jobs like Mom's #1 job are gone thanks to Clinton and NAFTA sending her factory to Mexico and we haven't replaced those jobs.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
797 people were murdered in Chicago in 2021. And that number has been rising year over year. But no surprise that you're in this thread talking about PeR CApItA!!!1!!

Be better.

I am talking about per capita because the link in the first post has numbers that are per capita.
Crazy for me to speak in that way, right? I mean, why would I use the same verbiage as the linked article?!?! I am so silly.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/emerging...-these-cities-have-highest-murders-per-capita

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login