James Franklin

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021

Rhule for one

His guaranteed money is 74 million over 8 years. Look, I don't really give a ****. If James stays, he'll get a bump after this year. His agent isn't gonna let him slide below #12. If he leaves, PSU can't afford to bring in a no name hopeful to replace him. So they'll pay between 6.5 and 8 M A year. If it's your fantasy to find a discounted coaching staff i understand.
The $9.25mm is the average of Rhule's contract over its eight year term. It his heavily backloaded because apparently he, his agent, and the folks at kNU thought they could minimize the impact of the offset language in his contract with Carolina. Unfortunately for them they chose the wrong dog with whom to pick a fight.

GrimReaper

Oct 12, 2021
But I think he's got that team moving in the right direction. Having Raiola for another 2-3 years is big.
I don't disagree. But the question under discussion is whether there is a coach who gets fired from his old gig and immediately is paid top dollar by a new employer. Rhule's contract at kNU doesn't quite make it. That's not to say that he doesn't have tremendous success and get a revised contract that puts him at or near the top, but he wasn't there out of the box.

LB99

Oct 27, 2021

The $9.25mm is the average of Rhule's contract over its eight year term. It his heavily backloaded because apparently he, his agent, and the folks at kNU thought they could minimize the impact of the offset language in his contract with Carolina. Unfortunately for them they chose the wrong dog with whom to pick a fight.
He gets all the money regardless though, right?

Reactions: Marshall2323

Auxgym

Oct 13, 2021
I saw three things yesterday postgame that have totally affected my view of James Franklin. First, was the win. Second was when he broke off his postgame interview to give the kicker a sincere embrace with private words. The third was Drew Allar's post game interview where he sung his praise and loyalty to his coach. That was enough for me. I'm now all in with CJF.
You forgot when he went to midfield to capture the flag....

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login