James Franklin

bdgan

Oct 12, 2021
Rumor is its a 20m roster. USC was 13m.
What was PSU?

I saw some online reports dating back to January that showed schools with most money in NIL collectives. IIRC PSU was 12th but things have changed dramatically since then and I haven't seen any more reports.

no1lion99

Sep 26, 2024
Actually Penn State scored on its first position albeit having to settle for a FG after a penalty negated a Warren TD. It was the defense which started slow on Saturday.
They had 6 points at half. Granted should have been 10 but still. They seem to allow teams to hang around for first halves most of the time.

Reactions: LionJim

psuro

Oct 12, 2021
Who cares? Our kids get an education and room and board, including quality ice cream. They don’t want or need more.
Chicken Cosmos, homie.

Clive Barker Film GIF by Arrow Video

Reactions: LionJim

no1lion99

Sep 26, 2024
Except Flemming didn't engage the DB, the DB engaged Flemming. I'd agree with your take if it was Flemming who hit the DB and was blocking him, but that isn't what occurred. It was the opposite of that and about the only thing JF could have done is make a dead stop and try to shake off the DB who was holding on to him. The play was already made in the first 2 steps as soon as the DB engaged him it was already going to be a TD.

1:20 in. Slow it down to half speed. I see why the refs made the call, but I also see why people questioned that call.

I honestly have NO IDEA why the refs made the call. All of the contact initiated by DB, Fleming clearly tries to go to the left to avoid the bump & run of the DB, and Fleming doesn't actively use his hands until Warren has basically crossed the goal line. 1729002898262.png

Attachments

• IMG_4090.JPG
    IMG_4090.JPG
    609.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: LaJollaCreek

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
Has he won a natty? Has he made the playoffs? Has he won the big?
No natty, 1-3 in the playoffs and 2 B1G championships. He's likely fired after this season because he was handed the keys to a well oiled machine and frigged it up. Franklin was handed the keys to a shìt show and is finally righting the ship.

You could always resort to this since you've been anti for quite a while:

Last edited:

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
No natty, 1-3 in the playoffs and 2 B1G championships. He's likely fired after this season because he was handed the keys to a well oiled machine and frigged it up. Franklin was handed the keys to a shìt show and is finally righting the ship.
He is a great recruiter (whatever that means) and an excellent assembler of coaching talent. He got handed the big hammer with OSU and its "look the other way" athletic budget, but has done nothing comparatively great with it. Consistently winning against the BIG 10 and constantly being in contention for a national championship? For sure. However Urban and Tressel were doing that already. Great on the national stage? Not nearly good enough for the resources that he has.

LaJollaCreek

Oct 12, 2021
I honestly have NO IDEA why the refs made the call. All of the contact initiated by DB, Fleming clearly tries to go to the left to avoid the bump & run of the DB, and Fleming doesn't actively use his hands until Warren has basically crossed the goal line. View attachment 671299
Thanks for the breakdown. If Flemming had initiated the contact and not let go it’s the right call all day long. I don’t think they saw who initiated the contact, but that is just a guess.

Reactions: PSUJam

PSUJam

Oct 7, 2021
He is a great recruiter (whatever that means) and an excellent assembler of coaching talent. He got handed the big hammer with OSU and its "look the other way" athletic budget, but has done nothing comparatively great with it. Consistently winning against the BIG 10 and constantly being in contention for a national championship? For sure. However Urban and Tressel were doing that already. Great on the national stage? Not nearly good enough for the resources that he has.
I'm not so sure about the assembler of coaching talent either. Hartline and LJ Sr. we're there under Urban and the rest have come and gone.

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Thanks for the breakdown. If Flemming had initiated the contact and not let go it’s the right call all day long. I don’t think they saw who initiated the contact, but that is just a guess.
The DB "initiating" the contact doesn't mean that Flemming then can just block him with no penalty. Flemming didn't really run a route there to even sell it...he just engaged with him and pushed him up the field. I'd think you'd see that one called about 95 times out of 100 (as the benefit of the doubt doesn't go to the receiver in that instance). I'd be interested to know if the play call was for Flemming to block him, but the pass to be behind the LOS.

Marshall2323

Aug 7, 2024
What resources? Better than Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Ohio State, Texas AM, Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Michigan, Oregon, Florida,Auburn or Miami? The answer is no.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login