Jans on Jackson MSU crowd.....

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
In Rick Clevelands post game article he said the crowd was 3,206. If that was ticket sold then there were probably a lot less there than that because of the rain so it doesn't sound like much of a crowd was there. And the JSU coach made the statement their crowd didn't show up so what was there was ours.
I think it was a legit 3,000.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
jackson is lost and there's no bringing it back. I've said for years and brand new, awesome, multiuse facility on the coast that seats upwards of 30,000, and you've also got a prime location for a lower to medium tier bowl game like the Magnolia bowl or isle of capri bowl or Tradewinds bowl.
30K? If you do that, a bowl game is all you can do. And those are dinosaurs.

Much more potential for a smaller indoor arena, in my opinion. And if Jackson can't make it happen, I'd be fine with that on the coast. Maybe re-work the Coast Coliseum.

Maroonbulldog

Mar 3, 2008
"Chris Jans says Mississippi State crowd was 'awesome' in Jackson State win". Jans hasn't talked about crowd size very much in Starkville.....wonder why? He does recognize that fan support means everything in helping his team win. We are 10-0 and if we're only going to put in 3-5K every game in the HUMP, then don't expect our program to advance and also we run the risk of being another stepping stone for Jans to a blueblood school. I plan to go to the Nicholls St. game this Saturday. Based on what we've seen so far this year, there ought to be 10,000 packed like sardines into the HUMP. I may even take my young grandson with me. Do your part, be at the game Saturday. Let's show coach we're ready to return to the big time.
We will show our. I’m sure. Once SEC rolls around. Attendance has always been lite - until January… even during the 90’s. Same gripes then as we have now.

Fwiw. I’m here now waiting for tip-off. A decent crowd w students gone and holidays upon us.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am guessing there are probably more State Alumni in the Jackson Metro Area than total population of Starkville. I might be wrong.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login