Jim Phillips: ACC will fight FSU, Clemson "as long as it takes"

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Diversify into other areas to shore up weaknesses is always the smart move. We do not need to shore up football . We have enough football inventory. If you were objective, you would agree.

We shall see. I along with many talking heads don’t agree with your point. Not sure your “enough” inventory is true.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
We shall see. I along with many talking heads don’t agree with your point. Not sure your “enough” inventory is true.
Many talking heads do agree with me. We are the strongest football conference in the nation, by far. It's not close.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Many talking heads do agree with me. We are the strongest football conference in the nation, by far. It's not close.
A who is this “we” you are not even a part of the sec lol. Secondly no one is doubting that but you’re fooling yourself if you think it gets stronger by adding a team like UVa vs Clemson or Florida state. Look at all the metrics, most teams watched, highest revenue, brand etc those two teams rank leaps and bounds higher than UNC and UVA. Couple that with Virginians don’t watch football (plenty of data on the internet to back that up) I just don’t see it. It doesn’t make sense. Especially when going streaming. You then need football watchers not just grandma who gets a cable subscription.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
You're not adding games though. Still only 8 conference games (for now). This season Alabama plays high profile games against UGA, UT, LSU and OU. Say Clemson and FSU were added and they wanted to match one of them up against Bama, they would simply replace one of these existing matchups with Clemson or FSU. Do either of those games get more eyeballs than the current matchups? Not likely.

Wtf are you talking about. When you add two teams you are by default adding more games to the total schedule.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
Diversify into other areas to shore up weaknesses is always the smart move. We do not need to shore up football . We have enough football inventory. If you were objective, you would agree.
Also a crappy analogy. I’m not going to cut off my nose to spite my face. Meaning I’m not going to diversify into a subpar market when I can safely increase my revenue in the main market and get a better dollar for dollar investment.

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
A who is this “we” you are not even a part of the sec lol. Secondly no one is doubting that but you’re fooling yourself if you think it gets stronger by adding a team like UVa vs Clemson or Florida state. Look at all the metrics, most teams watched, highest revenue, brand etc those two teams rank leaps and bounds higher than UNC and UVA. Couple that with Virginians don’t watch football (plenty of data on the internet to back that up) I just don’t see it. It doesn’t make sense. Especially when going streaming. You then need football watchers not just grandma who gets a cable subscription.
So bud, "we" are and "you" are not. LOL. Seriously, It is up to the Birmingham boys to decide if they feel diversification is the way to go. With all the smoke, you are fooling yourself if you do not think that is on the table. Diversification always makes sense. Adding UT and Oklahoma has put SEC football out of this world. As "18" VERY well said, the added value that FSU and Clemson would provide just is not such to go that route. If the SEC was the ACC-like in football, adding them might make sense. But not today.

Yard_Pimps

Jul 11, 2022
So bud, "we" are and "you" are not. LOL. Seriously, It is up to the Birmingham boys to decide if they feel diversification is the way to go. With all the smoke, you are fooling yourself if you do not think that is on the table. Diversification always makes sense. Adding UT and Oklahoma has put SEC football out of this world. As "18" VERY well said, the added value that FSU and Clemson would provide just is not such to go that route. If the SEC was the ACC-like in football, adding them might make sense. But not today.
Actually it hasn’t if you measure it in money. The B1g actually has a higher evaluation. Now if you want to talk about team talent sure but all that is beside the point. I could be wrong but somehow you think I’m not a Carolina fan which couldn’t be further from the truth. Still don’t understand how it doesn’t make Sense when A you are getting more games to your total inventory and B those teams viewership metrics are higher than half the teams in the SEC. What you’re saying just doesn’t quite make sense when eyes on screen is what matters.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login