Jim Schlossnagle

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
Do you think Jim Schlossnagle is regretting not taking our offer to be our baseball coach by now? He probably would have a Natty if he did. Who knows if he will ever get one at A&M

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It's his first year and they made the semi finals. I would say he is doing pretty well there so far. I would imagine Texas a&m will be a regular in Omaha now.

IPMdawg

Aug 22, 2012
Not more than Dan McDonnell. He got to watch his best friend when a national championship at a job he turned down. I know it stung deep down.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
View attachment 24627

He took A&M from 29-27 last season to 44-20 this season. They hosted and swept a Regional, hosted and swept a Super Regional, went 2-2 in the WORLD SERIES and sent their most hated rival home in the process. What's to ragret**?

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's his first year and they made the semi finals. I would say he is doing pretty well there so far. I would imagine Texas a&m will be a regular in Omaha now.

I imagine the entire SEC West and 1/2 the SEC East will be a regular in Omaha now, but that's just me being objective and honest.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
I mean he was in the CWS this year. I am guessing he is just fine with the choice he made

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
Not more than Dan McDonnell. He got to watch his best friend when a national championship at a job he turned down. I know it stung deep down.

Isn’t that truth! I know he had to have been so happy for Lemonis but at same time kicking himself for not taking the job. I don’t think Ole Miss will ever get him now because Bianco will probably sign a lifetime contract after this season which is funny considering how many folks wanted him fired mid season.

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
What are you even talking about??? The post is about the current A&M coach probably regretting not taking MSU job when he was offered it.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Who's to say whether we would have won it all in 2021 (or 2019 for that matter) or not if he were our coach? He would have made different calls all year, and a single game with a different W/L result would have changed the brackets.

StateJCP

Jul 7, 2021
Who's to say whether we would have won it all in 2021 (or 2019 for that matter) or not if he were our coach? He would have made different calls all year, and a single game with a different W/L result would have changed the brackets.

You are correct. He may not have won it with us. Thankful Lemonis did though. It was just a hypothetical thought I had. Because personally if I was Schoss then yeah I would be kicking myself for not taking the MSU job when it was offered.

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008
Being in the CWS and winning a Natty are 2 totally separate things. Last time I check Schoss doesn’t have a Natty. Lol
How long has he been at TAMU? And lets not act like he was guaranteed to win if he came to State

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012
Being in the CWS and winning a Natty are 2 totally separate things. Last time I check Schoss doesn’t have a Natty. Lol

We wouldn’t have a natty either if the best defensive team in the country didn’t make 4 errors in Game 1 of our Super Regional last year. That’s just one of a countless number of variables that went our way on our path to the trophy. Many of those variables change based on who the coach is, some better and some worse. There’s a lot of luck involved. All we know is that Chris Lemonis and the 2021 Bulldogs were able to win it all. There is no way to know if any other coach could have done it at MSU in 2021.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login