Jolly Roger Helmets

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Honestly the game is the last thing on my mind right now. Just thinking about coach and his family. Just how terrible this is.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Not sure if anyone is interested but I ordered a shirt with that avatar I put up on it. They had tees long sleeves and hoodies. I may go back and order the hoodie just to commemorate the Pirate and bulldog combo

dog12

Sep 15, 2016
Didn't he play Georgia with fewer players than is what is required and we could have forfeited the game? Yeah, he would want it played. He was all about toughness.

This.

My father coached different high school sports for over 30 years. He, and every other coach I've ever known, would want the players to play the game. He would be very disappointed if the players didn't play.

In my opinion, it would be disrespectful/dishonorable to Coach Leach NOT to play the game.

If I were a player on our football team, I would be chomping at the bit to play this game.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
There is only so much they can do with our uniforms on short notice. Patches and decals are about it. I don't know what they do with the uniforms from years past, but I doubt we even have black unis laying around. Maybe Adidas has some available, but they wouldn't have State insignia on them.

Assuming the worst at this point, we would undoubtedly have as much Leach tribute stuff as possible. I bet Illinois would have a decal or something as well.

And Leach would certainly be pissed if anyone thought of canceling the game because of him. I kind of feel sorry for Illinois, because they don't stand a chance.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Now that I think about it, I would love for us to wear plain black jerseys with STATE across the front. No names or anything on the back, just numbers. We could wear white pants, if black pants aren't available.

That almost seems simple enough for Adidas to accomplish, but they would have to find a factory in North America to make them. Maybe one game next year?

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
This.

My father coached different high school sports for over 30 years. He, and every other coach I've ever known, would want the players to play the game. He would be very disappointed if the players didn't play.

In my opinion, it would be disrespectful/dishonorable to Coach Leach NOT to play the game.

If I were a player on our football team, I would be chomping at the bit to play this game.
Leach would definitely want us to play.

I could also see him saying something like "what would I care? I'm dead."

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login