Just in case anyone was hoping to ever again see Pink Floyd with Roger Waters...

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Go ahead and cross that off the list of stuff unlikely but technically possible to actually happen.

David Gilmour: PF's lead guitarist
Polly Samson: David Gilmour's wife

• Angry
Reactions: DawgsGoneWild

patdog

May 28, 2007
Yeah, that was never going to happen anyway. But this puts another mail in the coffin. I may be in the minority, but I really liked the albums without Waters a lot too. They had a very different vibe, but we’re more melodic. Waters dark themes of war and madness had gone about as far as they were going to go without just getting old.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah, that was never going to happen anyway. But this puts another mail in the coffin. I may be in the minority, but I really liked the albums without Waters a lot too. They had a very different vibe, but we’re more melodic. Waters dark themes of war and madness had gone about as far as they were going to go without just getting old.
I enjoy both but you’re absolutely right, the Water-less albums sound completely different but a good different.

Roger Waters is a strange dude with a definite antisemitic vibe.

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
I enjoy both but you’re absolutely right, the Water-less albums sound completely different but a good different.

Roger Waters is a strange dude with a definite antisemitic vibe
Didn't he have an inflatable pig with a star of David on it at his concerts?

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Go ahead and cross that off the list of stuff unlikely but technically possible to actually happen.

Was there some incident that brought this out? Pass the Tylenol, that’s a hell of a rant.
Of course the husband of the woman who kept her last name followed her lead on this.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Waters seems kind of crazy. Some of his comments about Russia / Putin have been notable to say the least.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgpile

May 23, 2006
Got to go see Water's show a few months back in Nashvegas thanks to my properly (musically) reared son. The show was fantastic from a theatrical and sonic view, but the political s*** that weaved through the whole event was ridiculous.

Aug 22, 2012
Waters is a narcissist ***. Went to his last tour concert in Nashville and he had a message board of sorts in front of the stage that didn’t have kind things to say about America in general and specifically its leadership. Booing was so loud you couldn’t hear the music. His live show couldn’t touch Gilmour’s. The more you dig into Waters and his history with and after Pink Floyd you will see what a total bastard he is. Now Polly Samson is a bit narcissistic herself in a totally different direction. Gilmour, as Bob Geldof once said, was so quintessentially British (proper) he just took the path of least resistance until Waters ego led him away from the band.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Waters is a narcissist ***. Went to his last tour concert in Nashville and he had a message board of sorts in front of the stage that didn’t have kind things to say about America in general and specifically its leadership. Booing was so loud you couldn’t hear the music. His live show couldn’t touch Gilmour’s. The more you dig into Waters and his history with and after Pink Floyd you will see what a total bastard he is. Now Polly Samson is a bit narcissistic herself in a totally different direction. Gilmour, as Bob Geldof once said, was so quintessentially British (proper) he just took the path of least resistance until Waters ego led him away from the band.
This guy would know too.

HotMop

May 8, 2006
Polly?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I agree. I mean... I love the dark stuff and I honestly didn't know "Learning to Fly" was a Pink Floyd song for a long time because it was so different, but I really like it too.

Reactions: patdog

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006

I saw that douchebag in New Orleans in 2017. The music was great, but spending half the show ranting about Donald Trump got old reeeeeaaaaal quick. **** Waters, Gilmour is infinitely more talented.

Reactions: Pink Floyd.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login