Just lost Joe Crocker

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
17'n Hadad with his singing, lol. I'm not gonna bash a kid for making his choice, wish him the best really. May love lift him up where he belongs.

Joke Dog GIF

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I don’t see where he’s a 4*. Looks to me to be a 3* on 247 and 3* composite. I also don’t follow recruiting that closely, but I get by with a little help from my friends.
He's not. People on the message boards love incorrectly calling recruits 4*s though. I wouldn't be surprised if State doesn't replace him though. Signing 5 OL and 5-6 WR may be gone with the new regime. I am not going to look it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if you told me 25-30% of MSUs scholarships are currently held my OL and WRs.

Reactions: The Cooterpoot

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He is the # 48 tackle in the country, so it is a big loss. Of course it's not insurmountable but it's definitely not ideal

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
He's not. People on the message boards love incorrectly calling recruits 4*s though. I wouldn't be surprised if State doesn't replace him though. Signing 5 OL and 5-6 WR may be gone with the new regime. I am not going to look it up, but I wouldn't be surprised if you told me 25-30% of MSUs scholarships are currently held my OL and WRs.
The WR signings seem overboard, but with the types of projects we sign at OL, I'm not sure we don't need to sign 4 to 5 OL each class. Especially if we can backfill through the portal for the ones that don't work out. I think we're more likely to develop a good OL than pick one up through the portal. Also, doesn't seem like OL have as many people in their ear about transferring. I know they transfer too, but doesn't seem to be at nearly the clip for ones that are already contributing and/or starters.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
The WR signings seem overboard, but with the types of projects we sign at OL, I'm not sure we don't need to sign 4 to 5 OL each class. Especially if we can backfill through the portal for the ones that don't work out. I think we're more likely to develop a good OL than pick one up through the portal. Also, doesn't seem like OL have as many people in their ear about transferring. I know they transfer too, but doesn't seem to be at nearly the clip for ones that are already contributing and/or starters.
Agree with a lot of what you are saying. But, if we are signing OL projects, I think it's better to sign in-state guys. In-state guys are less-likely to transfer out when they aren't seeing early playing time, whereas someone who has no real ties may jump ship early. Look at our transfers right now that we consider big losses. RaRa, Zavion and Dillon. Two out-of-state guys and an in-state RB who you can justify 100% for transferring due to the scheme he was in and with sharing reps with a talented back that is in the same class as him.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I seriously came to this thread to say "I'm gonna be honest, I thought Joe Cocker died 10 years ago."

Clearly, I follow recruiting very closely.***

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

DirtyDog

Aug 24, 2012
Crocker is a good OL prospect. Great size (which you know that "you can't teach...") and good athleticism. He may not project to a college OT, but he had the tools to develop. Almost all OL are projects out of high school, and OL is one of the hardest positions to assess until they face consistent elite talent. In HS, they are dominant because their size so you look at their agility (feet), there hands (any consistent technique at HS is a plus), and their power. We'd like to have kept him, and we will need to replace him. Always have to have a minimum of 3 and preferably 5 OL in a class due to attrition and the inability to accurately grade prospects.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He is an OG in college. He was never playing OT for us.
He was but you really don't know what he would play for us. I would imagine the vision for him was guard. Leach prefers huge tackles but our last few good tackles have not been that tall. Cross was 6'5". Cam is not that big either. But my point is he is a good lineman and it is a big loss. Maybe we will get him back. He is listed as #48 tackle in recruiting info. Plus if he signs with LSU he will be a 4 star

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
The coach he committed to isn’t here anymore. I admire the vast majority that have stayed committed but I also don’t blame someone for wanting to look elsewhere if the man they committed to is no longer with us.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't blame him either but I still hope we get him back. Miller is still his position coach. Also we lost 2 linemen to the portal

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Not nearly as disappointed in this as I am losing the Cincy kicker to UNC. Thought it was a done deal. State HAS to sign a transfer kicker.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
This is my favorite thread in weeks. I didn't realize we had a recruit by that name. Looked him up.
Good luck, young man. Looks big in his video and knows how to use leverage against smaller opponents, but that's about it.
You're soft and slow, so go on and Go!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login