Just lost the only CB in our class

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
In order:

1- 11 personnel... which has the same issue as 12. We do not have the personnel for it.
2- 12 personnel. around 15%
3- 10 Personnel with a WR room that has 6 four star guys. 1 that is tweeting as if he is ready to move on.
The whole tight end deal is a disaster. he’s putting one out there that serves no purpose other than to say he’s using one, may as well be a Christmas ornament, we are playing 10 on 11 when he does that.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Take a few minutes and look over our roster. Then remove all the seniors and super seniors. Add in whatever this next recruiting class is, which none will probly play anyway, and tell me that doesn't make you queasy. This year is bad enough but there is no light at the end of the tunnel. The portal is our only hope

Reactions: Mjoelner

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Take a few minutes and look over our roster. Then remove all the seniors and super seniors. Add in whatever this next recruiting class is, which none will probly play anyway, and tell me that doesn't make you queasy. This year is bad enough but there is no light at the end of the tunnel. The portal is our only hope
This isn’t the staff you want replacing all of those players, 20+ ? It will be a load of sunbelt level jucos. you can’t get the juco talent you could twenty years ago. that’s the word, they are going juco heavy.
Smart move would be to bring in a good HC who can work the portal/evaluate talent.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
We don't run the same formations we did the first couple games. They changed it for SC. More WR and more

We don't run the same formations we did the first couple games. They changed it for SC. More WR and more passing
Go watch the first four series of the LSU game. It’s probably more 10 than anything else. And let’s face it. Scheme hasn’t really hurt us since LSU was o the extent that was on scheme at all.
Bama was more about the guy behind center. And we scored against SC and WMU

Reactions: Perd Hapley

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Because (a) rankings are for entertainment outside of the top recruits in the country (b) they don't all have offers from AL and LSU
OM does better in the portal than HS recruiting. That's NIL.
Full of shít, as usual.

Waller (UF commit) has offers from both Bama and LSU.

Franklin (OM commit) has offers from Bama and LSU.

Beavers (OM commit) has offers from Bama and LSU.

Noreel White (OM commit) has an LSU offer

Echoles and Rush (OM commits) do not have Bama / LSU offers, but do have multi SEC offers and others from the likes of FSU and other top non-SEC programs.

But most importantly….all 6 of those guys have an MSU offer. And we got zero of them. What OM does against Bama / LSU isn’t really the issue here. What we currently can’t do against even OM is the issue. And keep in mind just about all those guys locked in months before the season even started, so none if it even has to do with our staff or our season.

Keep burying your head in the sand if it makes you feel better.

BA Dog

Nov 4, 2021
All in what? LOL
I would rather see Paul Johnson here over some of the other “system” coaches being mentioned (Malzahn, Rich Rod), if he were 56 instead of 66.
Im with Goat and Will in that we need to be a niche/system offense to help level the playing field. We can talk recruiting all we want, it won’t matter until someone on this board wins the lottery.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Full of shít, as usual.

Waller (UF commit) has offers from both Bama and LSU.

Franklin (OM commit) has offers from Bama and LSU.

Beavers (OM commit) has offers from Bama and LSU.

Noreel White (OM commit) has an LSU offer

Echoles and Rush (OM commits) do not have Bama / LSU offers, but do have multi SEC offers and others from the likes of FSU and other top non-SEC programs.

But most importantly….all 6 of those guys have an MSU offer. And we got zero of them. What OM does against Bama / LSU isn’t really the issue here. What we currently can’t do against even OM is the issue. And keep in mind just about all those guys locked in months before the season even started, so none if it even has to do with our staff or our season.

Keep burying your head in the sand if it makes you feel better.
I don't give a **** about FL. That's not OM
And those guys don't all have committable offers from LSU/AL. But I don't expect your piddling *** to know. You just sheeply follow the 247 crew and blurt out what you read.

Feb 4, 2015
What’s really sad is how incredibly inept our administration is. I mean what’s it going to take for them to pull our program up to the 21st century? Won’t be long at all til DWS is half empty or worse for every single game and have Vandy attendance numbers or worse because they have lost the fan base. I’m afraid we’re losing the fan base at a rapid pace and will lose a lot of the power players that have supported our university. Just smh at how bad it’s gotten.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I don't give a **** about FL. That's not OM
And those guys don't all have committable offers from LSU/AL. But I don't expect your piddling *** to know. You just sheeply follow the 247 crew and blurt out what you read.
Well first off I don’t even have a 247 membership. Its public info. As far as “committable offers”, it’s the dumbest phrase in all of recruiting. They all start off as committable until the schools fill their slots. Some guys have a spot all the way through and can take as long as they want, some do not. You sure as hell don’t know when that transition happens for anyone, and most of the actual recruiting beat guys don’t either. I guess you don’t think 5* Jeff Simmons or Chris Jones had committable offers from them either.

Are you really going with the “we didn’t want them anyway” route? You don’t think any of those guys are outstanding players that would help us?

Last edited:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This isn’t the staff you want replacing all of those players, 20+ ? It will be a load of sunbelt level jucos. you can’t get the juco talent you could twenty years ago. that’s the word, they are going juco heavy.
Smart move would be to bring in a good HC who can work the portal/evaluate talent.
You’re right but we still have to do it. It’s one of the few advantages we actually do have at MSU.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We have a Football program in need of purging.

Our staff has got to go
We can discuss possible coaches, but there is a REMOTE chance that we can turn things around. I seriously doubt it, but we have to let things play out.

We do need to talk about this, but we have other things to worry about, and recruiting is a big thing IF you plan to have the same staff.

We don't know who will be a candidate, so it's pretty hard to recruit. I would not get excited until this winter and see where we stand.

We need to keep our cool, as hard as it is, for now, stay on their radar, and try our best to prepare. It won't look very appealing if we are actively losing our ****.

Reactions: Maroon13
Oct 20, 2022
We can discuss possible coaches, but there is a REMOTE chance that we can turn things around. I seriously doubt it, but we have to let things play out.

We do need to talk about this, but we have other things to worry about, and recruiting is a big thing IF you plan to have the same staff.

We don't know who will be a candidate, so it's pretty hard to recruit. I would not get excited until this winter and see where we stand.

We need to keep our cool, as hard as it is, for now, stay on their radar, and try our best to prepare. It won't look very appealing if we are actively losing our ****.
The fact is the better the coaching results = better the recruits! Right now our results do not look promising.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The truth about this is our coaches realized he would never see the field if we signed him due to our superior defensive backfield talent so they cut him loose to pursue success somewhere else.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
The truth about this is our coaches realized he would never see the field if we signed him due to our superior defensive backfield talent so they cut him loose to pursue success somewhere else.
Yea, I see some delusional claims we pulled his ship. that’s because our talent evaluators are so much better than LSUs.***

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
In addition to Lindsey and Woodland, I think we'll see Burnside decommitting soon as well. OM is actively involved on the latter two/

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login