Keenum has got to go.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Probably a good idea. Is there anything Mississippi state excels at anymore? Y’all can go ahead and get ready for basketball heartbreak too.
Yes our athletics have all sucked *** for most part last two years.

Stricklin might be available after this year**

Reactions: Mr. Cook

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
After 15 years, it’s hard to keep things fresh. And although politics and public universities are very common, there is large degree of overkill when it comes to MSU and the current administration.

Reactions: jacksondawg20

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Not this again.

You know this will be the IHL response:

Come on down, Doctor…. (And he’s even an alum)

And I’ll just note again the 17ing IHL doesn’t care about secure websites… Their web crew needs to make them https.

Reactions: Mr. Cook

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Not this again.

You know this will be the IHL response:

Come on down, Doctor…. (And he’s even an alum)

And I’ll just note again the 17ing IHL doesn’t care about secure websites… Their web crew needs to make them https.
It’s wild that he’s moved up that far. He was teaching agronomy classes when I was there in the early 2000s. He was my Weed Science prof in 01.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Nah I want Elon. He would fix the faculty seating issue on day 1. Plus he would throw a couple of Billion into NIL.
He would come in, immediately cut critical staffing, then do a delayed start livestreamed interview with poor sound quality where he claims all issues related to cuts are proof the cuts had to be made.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
And what exactly has Selmon done to piss off so many of you other than he is black?
Well, he let Lemonis keep his job last summer when most of our fanbase wanted him fired.

Then he promised to do a national search for a football coach and hire a big name, and then he just hired his friend (with no head coaching experience) from his old job, a guy with some baggage that likely no other Power 4 school would have hired, at least in 2024.

Maybe both of those decisions will work out and he can bump this thread and call me out about it. But that's 2 questionable decisions that many of our fans have found concerning.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Being a football guy I’m really surprised he didn’t insist Lebby be paired with a veteran DC, even if it’s a G5 level guy.
DC has to be Lebbys decision. But the fact that was his decision indicates to me he’s not serious about that side of the ball. Biggest early decision of career & he fell flat on his face.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
DC has to be Lebbys decision. But the fact that was his decision indicates to me he’s not serious about that side of the ball. Biggest early decision of career & he fell flat on his face.
Right. I’m not liking Lebby’s plan for the program. He doesn’t understand that generally MSU has led with defense. It’s like he wants us to be 2010 Oregon.

Even Moorhead hired an experienced guy. Think about that.

Reactions: patdog

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
that's a pretty detailed melt. i'll give you a like for creativity
I thought about liking it too but decided that glfr just cribbed from what’s happened with Twitter/X since Elon was forced to keep his promise to buy it…

I’m also against Elon being President but for a much different reason.

Like me, he’s on the Spectrum.

I think the Mississippi bureaucracy would be WAY too infuriating for him.

He’d be like Foglesong and flame out after a couple years— maybe a little less since he has money and doesn’t have to put up with the BS in Mississippi.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Well, he let Lemonis keep his job last summer when most of our fanbase wanted him fired.

Then he promised to do a national search for a football coach and hire a big name, and then he just hired his friend (with no head coaching experience) from his old job, a guy with some baggage that likely no other Power 4 school would have hired, at least in 2024.

Maybe both of those decisions will work out and he can bump this thread and call me out about it. But that's 2 questionable decisions that many of our fans have found concerning.
How do you know he didn’t do a national search? Why would a sitting head coach come to a place that just fired their HC after one year?

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Poor choice of new logo.
keeps failing baseball coach.
marketimg is still close to non-existent.
hasn’t done nearly enough to build NIL
Lazy football coaching hire (jury still out)
You seem to think every top 5 baseball coach in the country is salivating over coming to Starkville. Hint: they aren’t. Also, firing a guy so close to winning a natty is suicide. Much like hiring a 17ing football coach and firing him after one year. Heard that one before?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login