Keenum has got to go.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Poor choice of new logo.
keeps failing baseball coach.
marketimg is still close to non-existent.
hasn’t done nearly enough to build NIL
Lazy football coaching hire (jury still out)
You're the most misery filled fan I've ever encountered, in a base that's usually not happy anyway. I'll buy you a beer if we ever meet.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
You seem to think every top 5 baseball coach in the country is salivating over coming to Starkville. Hint: they aren’t. Also, firing a guy so close to winning a natty is suicide. Much like hiring a 17ing football coach and firing him after one year. Heard that one before?
EXACTLY

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
DC has to be Lebbys decision. But the fact that was his decision indicates to me he’s not serious about that side of the ball. Biggest early decision of career & he fell flat on his face.
Lebby wanted Durkin but A&M tied him up for months during recruiting season

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Need an upgrade at talent at LB and DL for sure. Can't imagine its easy for a new coaching staff to come in on year 1 and convince quality players to come play for you. All that being said, not certain these coaches are good/bad based on talent level they are working with. Most of the players on D seem to be back up players at best for sure.

OL played much better in 2nd half, with exception to 2 crucial sacks. They may still improve but so will the competition.

Just don't see much that can be done with the D other than changing systems but we still don't have the talent for that either.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
DC has to be Lebbys decision. But the fact that was his decision indicates to me he’s not serious about that side of the ball. Biggest early decision of career & he fell flat on his face.
We only win 3-4 games this year, but his offense might set school records. With a crappy defense, that means his offense gets to accumulate a lot of garbage time stats. So he will still look like an offense guru, if you only look at end of year stats.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We only win 3-4 games this year, but his offense might set school records. With a crappy defense, that means his offense gets to accumulate a lot of garbage time stats. So he will still look like an offense guru, if you only look at end of year stats.
His offense had less than 300 total yards last night and scored 16 net points. I generally like what he’s doing offensively. He just doesn’t have the talent this year on OL or RB to execute. But we won’t be setting any records this year.

Reactions: bulldoghair

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
Did State try to hire either Kiffin or Sark before they took their current jobs or did the cigar boys cry about them having too much baggage?

who is the biggest ******* our there with a little baggage that is a very good Defensive Coordinator? Go out and hire that ******* and pay him well and give him a pot of gold bars and say go get us a Walter Nolan and a Travis Hunter and a few more frat boy abusers who are not as big a puss as our frat boy abuser! No wonder he had to sucker punch the frat boy. Little frat boy would have kicked Russell's ***!

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
There has to be a better backup plan than who he hired.
Better players are the problem. If we quit paying big NIL to the basketball players and baseball, then we could get a dominant front seven on defense.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Better players are the problem. If we quit paying big NIL to the basketball players and baseball, then we could get a dominant front seven on defense.
True. Although I don’t think we’re allocating much to baseball either.

patdog

May 28, 2007
How do you know he didn’t do a national search? Why would a sitting head coach come to a place that just fired their HC after one year?
What are the odds that a true national search would come back with Selmon’s friend from Oklahoma as the best choice in the nation? Here’s how a lot of consulting contracts work. The consulting firm determines who the clients decision makers are. They interview them and find out what they want the recommendation to be. Then they churn some billable hours and come back & recommend exactly what the decision maker wants. That’s how you generate repeat clients & good client reviews.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Did State try to hire either Kiffin or Sark before they took their current jobs or did the cigar boys cry about them having too much baggage?
Kiffin? Uh, no….he was hired by OM before we even fired Moorhead.

Sark was flirted with before we landed Leach. Ultimately decided to stay at Bama. He wouldn’t have done any better than Leach anyway, and would already be gone if he did somehow.

who is the biggest ******* our there with a little baggage that is a very good Defensive Coordinator? Go out and hire that ******* and pay him well and give him a pot of gold bars and say go get us a Walter Nolan and a Travis Hunter and a few more frat boy abusers who are not as big a puss as our frat boy abuser! No wonder he had to sucker punch the frat boy. Little frat boy would have kicked Russell's ***!

That simple, huh? Just hire a proven DC (who is also a prick?), and expect him to land major talent at a have-not school, with no NIL investment. Sounds like a winning formula….

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Our defensive from got pushed around in the first game. It was evident THEN that we had severe problems there. Y'all better get used to it because it looks to be a talent problem to me.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Define why he has to go. Don't just say something is bad. Athletics is not admissible because you don't fire the university president because of athletics.
Good points but create a chart.

List the good things about State

List where State has grown

List where State is okay but needs improvement

List where State is bad

List the specific places where State has regressed

Compare the good, the okay, and bad and you have — no, not the facts of life— but a quick summarization of where State is on its path.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Define why he has to go. Don't just say something is bad. Athletics is not admissible because you don't fire the university president because of athletics.
Tell that to Penn State*****

But athletics is not the sole reason for the winds of change. More needs to be done that is not being done. And that’s not just for MSU, but also for the entire IHL.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Tell that to Penn State*****

But athletics is not the sole reason for the winds of change. More needs to be done that is not being done. And that’s not just for MSU, but also for the entire IHL.
That guy didn't get fired because of athletics. He got fired because of disgusting criminal behavior.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Go look at the place. there is growth everywhere. Keenum is doing a good job.
Ask yourself why there is growth and you will see a huge problem.

Growth doesn't always equal good. We are getting a ton of 20-23 ACT students that aren't ready for college and flunking out. Look at the scholarship matrix for State and Ole Miss.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
That guy didn't get fired because of athletics. He got fired because of disgusting criminal behavior.
Which happened in a football program. So, yeah, it was because of athletics

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Don’t even try to go there. Nobody cares what race he is. Nobody. I was excited when we hired him. But he’s been a disappointment.
Two things:

1) What has he failed at miserably so far? Genuine question.

2) Am I the only one who gets a kick of out of a user named @Leeshouldveflanked being nonplussed about any potential race issues

Reactions: olblue

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Well, he let Lemonis keep his job last summer when most of our fanbase wanted him fired.

Then he promised to do a national search for a football coach and hire a big name, and then he just hired his friend (with no head coaching experience) from his old job, a guy with some baggage that likely no other Power 4 school would have hired, at least in 2024.

Maybe both of those decisions will work out and he can bump this thread and call me out about it. But that's 2 questionable decisions that many of our fans have found concerning.
Lemonis may should have been fired but not because the fanbase wants it. I can't imagine a worse reason than trying to gyrate in whatever direction a fanbase is tilting at any given moment. It's way too early to assess anything about the football hire, but it's fine to not like it. I'm not in the know enough to have any idea how wide the search net was thrown and how many other more qualified candidates we have have turned down, or been turned down by, on the way to that hire, however, I bet that not a single SPS'r knows those details either.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Growth is Ole Miss having almost 3,000 more freshman than State this year.
I don't think that's correct. They have announced 5,240 freshmen this year. That would mean an almost record low for us after years of annual growth.

widespreadgt

Sep 1, 2023
I don't think that's correct. They have announced 5,240 freshmen this year. That would mean an almost record low for us after years of annual growth.
They have not announced anything yet (5,241 is from last year) they sent an email to OM students and faculty on August 30th that they had 6,000+ first time freshman this year.

We had 3,700 last year and I don't think it's going to be that much better and our growth has slowed or even declined since COVID, so it's 100% believable to me.

OMfreshman.png

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
They have not announced anything yet (5,241 is from last year) they sent an email to OM students and faculty on August 30th that they had 6,000+ first time freshman this year.

We had 3,700 last year and I don't think it's going to be that much better and our growth has slowed or even declined since COVID, so it's 100% believable to me.

View attachment 645943
This says 5600 first time residence hall students. That would include jucos but I can’t imagine there are many people that aren’t new to the school but are new to a residence hall.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Two things:

1) What has he failed at miserably so far? Genuine question.

2) Am I the only one who gets a kick of out of a user named @Leeshouldveflanked being nonplussed about any potential race issues
If a school that is called Ole Miss Rebels, whose school colors are Red, Blue and Confederate Gray isn’t being “nonplussed about any potential race issues” then why should I be? How do you know I’m not Black?

Reactions: horshack.sixpack
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login