Kiffin decided to talk sh*t

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
We have some sensitive people on this board who are looking for anything to get mad about. Tell me where Kiffin is wrong with his comment. Maybe blame the reporter for asking such a dumb question. The answer was obvious and the truth. How should he have answered it? Just remember things can change quickly.
He’s not wrong. That doesn’t make him any less of an ******* for saying it.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Sticks and stones…unless it comes from a Rebel, then it’s on like Donkey Kong, to quote…never mind.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
It’s incredibly naive to think that the tables won’t turn on them at some point. Seen it happen too many times in this rivalry. One side gets its crap together, beats the other one regularly, starts to feel too good about themselves, inevitably declines, and then the cycle starts over again. Been that way for decades.
Indeed....the Battle for the "Dixie Cup" continues....

Food Be More Here GIF by Clio Awards
Solo Cup Friday GIF by ADWEEK

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
It’s incredibly naive to think that the tables won’t turn on them at some point. Seen it happen too many times in this rivalry. One side gets its crap together, beats the other one regularly, starts to feel too good about themselves, inevitably declines, and then the cycle starts over again. Been that way for decades.
Regularly? This is more about how people feel about the programs not on field results. I mean they are on a one game winning streak against us…

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
We have some sensitive people on this board who are looking for anything to get mad about. Tell me where Kiffin is wrong with his comment. Maybe blame the reporter for asking such a dumb question. The answer was obvious and the truth. How should he have answered it? Just remember things can change quickly.
A coach with class would have answered it differently.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It always flips. It even flipped eventually when we beat them 16 in a row, and when Vaught dominated us.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Lane hasn't had class since his last day at college. He got that extension. That means everything is just bright roses up in Oxford, right? What happens when Michigan job gets open and a another Harbaugh goes pro in a couple weeks?

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Kiffin is a classless SOB to say that sh*t given the circumstances. The current difference in the programs is that Leach died and Kiffin didn't. We've had a lot to overcome but I think Lebby can get us back on track.

This is the right takeaway.

If Kiffin did actually say that (I have a hard time trusting much I don't hear with my own ears these days), then he's definitely in childish POS mode. This personality is very different from his alternate personality that seemed to genuinely mourn the loss of Coach Leach.

Our veteran leader head coach died suddenly one year ago. Of course that is gonna cause a rough patch...

Reactions: Darryl Steight

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is setting up for the typical 8-4 but jump ship year for Kiffin, culminating in an MSU Egg Bowl win with all the Ole Miss fans sitting there on the weekend after Thanksgiving like a quivering hor of the guy who just walked out immediately after blowing his load all over her.

I'm not even saying this out of disrespect, but you see this coming a mile away. They'll start 6-0, then hit some bumps once the Kiffin to Florida rumors heat up, fall out of the playoff, then MSU will destroy them in his final game.

2017 n stuff. That Ole Miss/Florida game will be a little weird right before the Egg. Of course, Stricklinz and Bubba will likely be gone by then, and Spurrier will step in and make this hire.

And the cycle will start over for us here in the Sip, with nobody ever winning shlt of consequence

BOOKMARK DIS POST

was21

May 29, 2007
They already havet their panties in a bunch over Lebby's comment...."Mississippi kids want to play at State." Just imagine when he beats them next year in recruiting and on the field.
Football..... a game of words

Sep 29, 2022
If Kiffin did actually say that (I have a hard time trusting much I don't hear with my own ears these days), then he's definitely in childish POS mode.

He said it (at 10:20ish) answering a Q about recruiting MS kids, although to me it didn't sound like a premeditated shot. More like bumbling stream of consciousness.

Reactions: She Mate Me

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
He’s not wrong. That doesn’t make him any less of an ******* for saying it.
I think he is wrong. We are not moving in a negative direction since hiring Lebby. Prior to that Kiffin was probably right.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You actually try. I do not believe we were under Cohen and Leach.
Wrong. They tried. And they would have succeeded. Leach was already succeeding, and he would have continued to do so. They would have caught on to NIL eventually, and would have been very conservative with it. And the guy that said they didn't embrace the portal.....WTF? No need responding to that one.

But, they are gone now, and Selmon and Lebby are here. We are attempting to do things the Ole Miss way, which is a big NIL bucket and a mainstream offense. We will see what happens. I do like some of the things Lebby is doing, like recruiting MS JUCOs, but I still have doubts if he is truly the coach we need. And I think all that NIL will do is keep us in the same spot we currently are in.

I'd rather spend NIL on basketball and baseball, and actually win. Yeah, spend some on football, but they need to be on defense.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I just watched the interview. Didn’t seem that bad to me. His answer was basically, “it’s a combination of factors, this was probably the best in-state year talent-wise since I’ve been here, and you know, it always helps when one program is going one way and the other program is going the other.” That statement is 100% true for Ole Miss or State, when they’re winning. Keep in mind that when these kids were making their decisions, Ole Miss was winning and State was struggling. I certainly didn’t take it as any disrespect to Leach, his actual friend.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I just watched the interview. Didn’t seem that bad to me. His answer was basically, “it’s a combination of factors, this was probably the best in-state year talent-wise since I’ve been here, and you know, it always helps when one program is going one way and the other program is going the other.” That statement is 100% true for Ole Miss or State, when they’re winning. Keep in mind that when these kids were making their decisions, Ole Miss was winning and State was struggling. I certainly didn’t take it as any disrespect to Leach, his actual friend.
And at the end of the day, he don't GAF. He's out of there as soon as one of 'his' chosen jobs is available.

I don't say that out of fear either. I don't really GAF anymore either. I'm just saying that Florida will likely be open next fall, and he's perfect for them.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
If anything Kiffin probably was referring to the way Leachs entire staff was fired, his offense scrapped and then the program imploded. He’s not wrong.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022

I didn’t take it as a jab at Leach but I did think it was an unnecessary passing comment. And the kind of thing that has a history of circling back around. Ask Nutt, heck you can even ask Mullen to an extent. He came in and walked all over Nutt for 3 years and wasn’t shy about it, and then went 2-4 in his last 6 Egg Bowls.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This is setting up for the typical 8-4 but jump ship year for Kiffin, culminating in an MSU Egg Bowl win with all the Ole Miss fans sitting there on the weekend after Thanksgiving like a quivering hor of the guy who just walked out immediately after blowing his load all over her.

I'm not even saying this out of disrespect, but you see this coming a mile away. They'll start 6-0, then hit some bumps once the Kiffin to Florida rumors heat up, fall out of the playoff, then MSU will destroy them in his final game.

2017 n stuff. That Ole Miss/Florida game will be a little weird right before the Egg. Of course, Stricklinz and Bubba will likely be gone by then, and Spurrier will step in and make this hire.

And the cycle will start over for us here in the Sip, with nobody ever winning shlt of consequence

BOOKMARK DIS POST
I did not gonna take that long. I expect to hear some rumblings once the other Harbaugh brother pulls a "Pete Carroll" and leaves Michigan for the Los Angeles Chargers. All the things he has done to "play" on an even world with the big boys like OSU, Georgia, and Alabama, has starting to come to light now, so like Pete Carroll did before him at USC he's gonna quickly take an NFL job to all the problems. Michigan won't have any problems with a buyout of a coach that they won. Who are they going to come looking for once Jimmy Sexton starts making his phone calls?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I did not gonna take that long. I expect to hear some rumblings once the other Harbaugh brother pulls a "Pete Carroll" and leaves Michigan for the Los Angeles Chargers. All the things he has done to "play" on an even world with the big boys like OSU, Georgia, and Alabama, has starting to come to light now, so like Pete Carroll did before him at USC he's gonna quickly take an NFL job to all the problems. Michigan won't have any problems with a buyout of a coach that they won. Who are they going to come looking for once Jimmy Sexton starts making his phone calls?
I don't see Kiffin at Michigan. That fit is a little weird.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
I just don’t see Kiffin having much incentive to leave unless the money runs out. Being a perennial contender would be the only motivation I could see driving it.

Sep 29, 2022
I just don’t see Kiffin having much incentive to leave unless the money runs out. Being a perennial contender would be the only motivation I could see driving it.
Not to mention he has a daughter at OM. I still think he'll leave if the right program opens up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login