Kiffin decided to talk sh*t

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
He said it (at 10:20ish) answering a Q about recruiting MS kids, although to me it didn't sound like a premeditated shot. More like bumbling stream of consciousness.

Ok, I listened to it. My take is it was a pretty ****** and petty way to state it.

Of course it's true that the two programs are in different places from the standpoint of coaching continuity in recruiting and on field. But the reason is pretty obvious and it didn't have much to do with Ole Miss excellence or whatever he wants to imply.

He's a solid coach. That's obvious by the number of posters here who want, hope, pray or expect him to leave. He could use an injection of class and humility occasionally.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
We were in an awful "perfect storm" situation a year ago with no AD and the head coach suddenly dying. The underlying situation that led to our crap season has been resolved.

LimaoCabeca

Nov 17, 2022

I’m sure this will in no way come back to bite him at some point in the future. It worked so well for Nutt***

I really need someone to sell me that Ole Miss hasn’t passed State. It really feels like the rivalry is more a Michigan v. Michigan State rather than than an even one

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Only lost 2 games and going to the Peach. That's pretty far ahead of us.
They only beat us head to head by 7. We beat them last year. They ain't that far, if any, ahead of us. Our fans on the other hand are light years behind theirs. We seem to award fan credit by talking about how bad we are. I'll give them credit, they don't do that. We have the absolute worst fan base in college sports.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I really need someone to sell me that Ole Miss hasn’t passed State. It really feels like the rivalry is more a Michigan v. Michigan State rather than than an even one

You’re missing the point. Yes, they are in a better spot than us right now. But talking about it has not boded well in the past for other coaches that have done it. The script in this rivalry flips often.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
They only beat us head to head by 7. We beat them last year. They ain't that far, if any, ahead of us. Our fans on the other hand are light years behind theirs. We seem to award fan credit by talking about how bad we are. I'll give them credit, they don't do that. We have the absolute worst fan base in college sports.
If you can’t see the difference in 10-2 and 5-7 I don’t know what to tell you. You think anyone else in the SEC think we’re close to them? I certainly can see us being right there with them in the future but we’re not there now.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If you can’t see the difference in 10-2 and 5-7 I don’t know what to tell you. You think anyone else in the SEC think we’re close to them? I certainly can see us being right there with them in the future but we’re not there now.
I think he's looking at one football game and one season. Looking at things more than just microscopically. He also knows the SEC is crapshoot every year for most of the teams. Not to mention that injuries can also change a season. It's hard to get to that level of Bama or Jawjah where things like injuries don't affect your team because you have other players waiting on the bench. We're starting to see what NIL might affect in that part can and change the building of the team.

patdog

May 28, 2007
They beat us by 7. They aren't that far ahead of us.
That was one game out of 12. They're further ahead of us than they've been for a long time. And that was one of the most comfortable 7-point wins I've ever seen. Score was misleading.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login