Kiffin rumors are swirling re: Florida job...

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
UF is in the group with Alabama, LSU, UGA, Texas, Oklahoma, Tenn, Auburn and A&M that will fire a coach for losing 3-4 games a year.
With a 9 game SEC schedule, that doesn't math.

All above schools think like you do " If we had a good coach we can will a natty, we lost 3-4 games, so the coach sucks. Fire him and get a better one"
That’s because all of those schools have the history, location and resources to win a NC. Florida is a good hire away from doing it.

Reactions: patdog

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
OK. I agreed he wanted to win one? But he's also won one.

Agree to disagree. If you think Florida is some great program right now then so be it. I dont and i dont think the history matters anymore. Game and playing field has changed.

Good coaches do last long. Bad/average ones dont. Kiffin has made himself into a good coach. He's learned lessons. He's now at a place he seems happy, he's at a place he can build and leave his own legacy. Not saying he wont ever walk away from it... but i dont think he walks away from it for Florida. Again he's not someone that is looking to prove he can win. He has won. He's not someone that is looking to get into those big programs.. .he's been there before. Walking on water at Ole Miss... is something i
dont think he'll give up for Florida.

One thing I've learned from decades of watching sports is you just never know what motivates a coach to change jobs. They will always surprise you.

I have no idea what motivates Kiffin. He was handed way too much way too early in his career, and failed. (Although he might have succeeded at UT if he had stayed more than 1 year) he went to Saban's rehab program and got another chance.

You say he has won already, but he hasn't as a head coach. He's had a couple of good seasons at UMiss, but I don't think that's enough to say he has proven he can win.

You say he has already been there as far as being at big programs, but he wasn't successful. I don't think coaches go to blue blood programs just for the experience; they go to those programs because they have the resources to build a championship team. And if you are truly successful you can build a dynasty. Why wouldn't he want another chance at that?

I don't know if Kiffin would take the UF job, and I'm not even sure UF is willing to make the financial commitment to get him.

I'm just saying the reasons you are giving for him staying at UMiss don't make sense. He probably wants a shot at a championship, and he won't get that in Oxford.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Here's a discussion in which two guys who cover Ole Miss seem to think their NIL momentum hinges on 2024 success.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
One thing I've learned from decades of watching sports is you just never know what motivates a coach to change jobs. They will always surprise you.

I have no idea what motivates Kiffin. He was handed way too much way too early in his career, and failed. (Although he might have succeeded at UT if he had stayed more than 1 year) he went to Saban's rehab program and got another chance.

You say he has won already, but he hasn't as a head coach. He's had a couple of good seasons at UMiss, but I don't think that's enough to say he has proven he can win.

You say he has already been there as far as being at big programs, but he wasn't successful. I don't think coaches go to blue blood programs just for the experience; they go to those programs because they have the resources to build a championship team. And if you are truly successful you can build a dynasty. Why wouldn't he want another chance at that?

I don't know if Kiffin would take the UF job, and I'm not even sure UF is willing to make the financial commitment to get him.

I'm just saying the reasons you are giving for him staying at UMiss don't make sense. He probably wants a shot at a championship, and he won't get that in Oxford.
And that’s where we disagree. I think he has just as good of a shot as winning a championship in Oxford as he does Florida. If you believe that, as I do, all the reasons make sense. This isn’t 20 years ago. Florida isn’t what it once was…. And unfortunately for us.. neither is ole miss

no Florida coach has made it more than 4-5 years since urban. Does kiffin have a better chance in the next 4 season to get into the playoffs in Florida or Oxford. The answer to that for me is very simple… Oxford… and you gotta get to the playoffs to win the championship…. Oh and if you don’t get there in the next 4 years in Florida it don’t matter because they’ve already shown 4 years without playoffs and your gone

Not to mention in Oxford have the chance to do something no one else has done. He walks on water in Oxford… he’ll never do that in Florida.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login