KY QB

Aug 16, 2018
Reading the UK boards it's all over the place. Some say the turf toe issue is more serious than they are letting on. Others are saying he has been advised to pack it in to save draft stock. Even if he plays he won't be near 100% and Arnett's guys are going to feast.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Reading the UK boards it's all over the place. Some say the turf toe issue is more serious than they are letting on. Others are saying he has been advised to pack it in to save draft stock. Even if he plays he won't be near 100% and Arnett's guys are going to feast.
They are whining about Cow Bells and we are the road team.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
even if healthy, the more he plays, the more his draft stock will drop. I’m just not impressed.
Can guys like you stop saying this? I don’t know if you have watched our secondary but I GUARANTEE he will throw for 300+ yards Saturday. I still think we win, but he can sling it.

Reactions: stateu1

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Can guys like you stop saying this? I don’t know if you have watched our secondary but I GUARANTEE he will throw for 300+ yards Saturday. I still think we win, but he can sling it.
He's not the kind of QB that's going to dominate our defense. It's more about us than him. Pretty clear through 6 games that scramblers give us much more of a problem than traditional pocket passers.

Aug 16, 2018
He's playing behind a OL that got pushed around by NIU and has 25 sacks in 6 games. He's also playing with a gimpy foot. His footwork will be off. Can he plant his feet to make those critical throws? Will his bad OL give him enough time since he will be a tad slower b/c of his foot? If he was 100% he could probably throw for 300 but now I don't think so.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

XBLDawg

Mar 20, 2014
He exceeded 300 yards 3 whole times last year...against La Monroe, Tennessee in a shootout, and New Mexico State. The rest of them he averaged around 175 yards including a whopping 150 against us.

He passed for 145 against LSU, 87 against UF, 102 against South Carolina, and 177 and 179 against Vandy and Mizzou.

Why do you think he all of a sudden is going to light it up THIS SEASON when he's playing behind possibly the worst line in the SEC?

Yea yea, we got burned last week. It was also against a scrambling QB on 3 plays where they actually protected him and he had all day to throw. Not to mention, our defense probably zero film of him. Will Levis is not going to extend the pocket with his feet behind that line.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I kind of want Levis to play. We've managed to avoid a RAT two games in a row. I'm not sure our luck can handle three in a row.

If Levis sits and we manage to survive the RAT watch vs Kentucky and Bryce Young is still sitting the next week, the Bama backup may break Costello's passing record.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
We sucked at QB pressure last year and we are following suit thus far this year and I don't know why. We looked better against the pigs so maybe we're starting to figure things out there. We gave up a TON of yards thru the air and on the ground but managed to allow only 17. We gotta start getting better tween the 20's to get our offense more snaps.

Taz_Man

Nov 9, 2017
Defense has me the most concerned. Arkansas was playing a backup QB who passed for almost 250 and they ran for nearly 250 yards. In the last two weeks we have given up almost 900 yards. Granted we have taken the ball away to help our cause but we need to shore some things up.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Levis is not that good. He will start the game but will not finish it. We suck at pressure ? Did you watch the A&M game ? We beat him to a pulp and put him out of the game. Go ahead and wrap this one in maroon and white

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Levis is not that good. He will start the game but will not finish it. We suck at pressure ? Did you watch the A&M game ? We beat him to a pulp and put him out of the game. Go ahead and wrap this one in maroon and white

Yeah, the guy who is currently projected as an early to mid 1st round NFL draft pick isn’t that good….

There’s way too much wool right now with some of yall. If Levis plays and is anywhere close to 100%, this game is going to be damn close to a toss up. We’re on the road in a venue where we haven’t won since 2014….against a well coached team with a good defense. Stoops has gameplanned us pretty well the past few years. Shut out in 2020 and we struggled to sustain drives last year….we were gifted a couple of short field TD’s by UK turnovers deep in their territory.

• Sad
Reactions: dawgman42

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Is Levis starting?
He will play but will not be 100% I think the bigger question is how much will he be hindered. Not being a mobile guy anyway and being slowed down even more by turf toe certainly minimizes one of our weaknesses with mobile QBs.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Per ESPN Levis is 46th in yards, 31st in TDs, 66th in interceptions and 72nd in QBR for the 2022 season. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound overly impressive to me. Pretty sure when the actual draft occurs he won't be quite as high as some people think. But I guess we will see what happens Saturday. State might lay an egg and lose but I feel confident it won't be because Will Levis is an amazing QB

Reactions: SchrodingersDawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Per ESPN Levis is 46th in yards, 31st in TDs, 66th in interceptions and 72nd in QBR for the 2022 season. I don't know about you but that doesn't sound overly impressive to me. Pretty sure when the actual draft occurs he won't be quite as high as some people think. But I guess we will see what happens Saturday. State might lay an egg and lose but I feel confident it won't be because Will Levis is an amazing QB

Levis’ passer rating is 174 compared to 158 for Rogers. And of course he’s middling in all the cumulative stats….he just missed a game so he’s gonna be behind a lot of QB’s who didn’t get hurt. Not saying he’s gonna beat us by himself, but they are certainly a different team with him on the field.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He has been sacked 24 times. "24"

Mrt Prediction GIF - Mrt Prediction Pain GIFs

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We sucked at QB pressure last year and we are following suit thus far this year and I don't know why. We looked better against the pigs so maybe we're starting to figure things out there. We gave up a TON of yards thru the air and on the ground but managed to allow only 17. We gotta start getting better tween the 20's to get our offense more snaps.
We are 4th in league in sacks and tied for the SEC lead in interceptions. Our pass rush has been way better than it gets credit for.

thf24

Jan 28, 2011
68% completion percentage, 3748 yards, 30/6 TD-INT ratio and also added 300 rushing yards as a Jr. Try again.
In a limited number of attempts, 144 for 82nd among FBS QB's. Think about that for a second - the supposed #3 QB and top 10 overall pick in the upcoming draft is 82nd among FBS QB's in pass attempts. Why has UK chosen to lean on what's this year an anemic running game instead of putting the ball in their supposed top 10 draft pick's hands more times than not? Watch him play and it's pretty clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrapGame.sixpack

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Against the same level of competition that Trevor Lawrence threw for a max of 3665 yards against for his 3 years. Any other questions?
He didn’t look that good to me. He didn’t make throws that wowed me. I didn’t watch much of his college career, but what I did watch never made me think this guy is awesome. Lawrence, on the other hand, made a lot of spectacular throws and did them in big games.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
In a limited number of attempts, 144 for 82nd among FBS QB's. Think about that for a second - the supposed #3 QB and top 10 overall pick in the upcoming draft is 82nd among FBS QB's in pass attempts. Why has UK chosen to lean on what's this year an anemic running game instead of putting the ball in their supposed top 10 draft pick's hands more times than not? Watch him play and it's pretty clear.

That’s like saying “why is MSU throwing 50+ times a game when they have this supposedly great RB Dillon Johnson….maybe he isn’t that great”.

Kentucky / Stoops are the polar opposite of MSU / Leach. Stoops is an old school guy who emphasizes the running game / play action and defense above all else….kinda like Jackie.

All that to say, Levis doesn’t rank high in FBS in attempts because that isn’t the offense they run. He’s still averaging about 29 attempts per game which I’m guessing isn’t far off the league average. And he’s averaging 10.4 air yards per attempt while still completing 69% of his passes. That’s absolutely outstanding against any level of competition. By comparison, Rogers is averaging only 8.6 air yards per attempt (17% less than Levis), while completing only about 3% more passes. And I know we’d all agree that Rogers is a great QB who is absolutely irreplaceable for our offense, at this point.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login