Lady Dawgs vs UA

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
So the pitcher who hadn't had any problem throwing strikes suddenly has an issue getting a strike on the corners in the bottom of the seventh and it's the coaches fault?

ok

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
So the pitcher who hadn't had any problem throwing strikes suddenly has an issue getting a strike on the corners in the bottom of the seventh and it's the coaches fault?

ok

She wasn't close most of those pitches. Did you watch? She gave up a damn monster bomb, then two walks, infield hit, and a missile to end it. Wesley is the weakest of the pitchers. I'd have pulled her after the bomb, but definitely after the first walk. It was over then. I told everyone that was it. I was correct.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
You are the expert. I bow to your coaching and umpiring skills.

You should. I've at least coached 4 of the kids on that team and one on the other team. When she gave up the bomb I would've considered taking her out. Then she gave up another bomb that went foul. After the walk, she should've been done in a one run game. Then another walk? Bring back Annie. If you lose, lose with one of your best. Don't lose with your 3rd pitcher struggling.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
You should. I've at least coached 4 of the kids on that team and one on the other team. When she gave up the bomb I would've considered taking her out. Then she gave up another bomb that went foul. After the walk, she should've been done in a one run game. Then another walk? Bring back Annie. If you lose, lose with one of your best. Don't lose with your 3rd pitcher struggling.
Cooterpoot is actually a molder of young ladies. That is so SPS.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Cooterpoot is actually a molder of young ladies. That is so SPS.

Ha! You'd be surprised. I've got my share of baseball recruits too. Had to take off the last couple years for health stuff, but getting back in this summer hopefully. Going to be in either OH or CA summer baseball if it works out. If not, helping with summer softball college league in FL.
I just accidentally fell into the softball side when another coach pulled me in. Fell in love with softball! It's an awesome game. I've been fortunate to work with some great kids and coaches. Trust me, it's a privilege. And even tough Bleeder thinks I'm hitting the coaching staff too hard, I really like Ricketts. Just think she should've made a move last night. Pitching is better this year, but it's a group effort. I think she probably wanted Aspen to work out of it for more reasons than just winning the game.

Last edited:

ezsoil

May 26, 2013
She wasn't close most of those pitches. Did you watch? She gave up a damn monster bomb, then two walks, infield hit, and a missile to end it. Wesley is the weakest of the pitchers. I'd have pulled her after the bomb, but definitely after the first walk. It was over then. I told everyone that was it. I was correct.

well let's talk about those two walks they were 8 and 9 pitch at bats where there were 5 full count foul balls ....it's hard to fault a pitcher on those

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
well let's talk about those two walks they were 8 and 9 pitch at bats where there were 5 full count foul balls ....it's hard to fault a pitcher on those

Balls and strike calls were more of what I was talking about. Up until that half inning the strike zone was really consistent. It looked as if, to me, as if the ump suddenly shrunk the strike zone into tiny box no matter who the batter was for Bama. It appeared to me as if he was forcing the pitcher to throw the ball over the middle of the plate for the batter to tee off on just to get the chance of a called strike. The outside of the plate just disappeared and I felt that the home team suddenly got lots of calls at the plate.

Since this was my perception I didn't really care for you crapping on the coach and especially the pitcher in that situation. There wasn't much the pitcher could do to me and the coach may have left her in to reasons we don't know in relation to a game, roster, or development standpoint.

I didn't mean to offend your coaching abilities Cooter. You probably are an expert which means something but it doesn't mean I cannot disagree with you. You can still be correct if you need to be.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login