Lane Train got his USC QB...

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
So they got their third choice? I have never hear of him. They will try to get thier PR out of it. They really wanted the other two. I have heard of them and the PR would have been greater.

patdog

May 28, 2007
There was never any doubt he'd be bringing in a QB from the portal. Looks like he whiffed on his first 3 choices though.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
This guy is Bo, Machine Gun, and Corral all mixed into one OMQB machine.
IT'S GONNA BE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TIME in Yoknapatawpha!

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
I suspect he was expensive

This **** is not going to end well

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I wish that wasn’t just your opinion, because I don’t think they will ever get in trouble for **** - especially when they can cover anything up with an NIL

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So they got their third choice? I have never hear of him. They will try to get thier PR out of it. They really wanted the other two. I have heard of them and the PR would have been greater.

Third choice (or maybe fourth if you count Caleb Williams, who was probably never a realistic enough option to consider a choice), but he's also got three years of eligibility it looks like. Not sure they're not better off with him than one year of their other two choices.

Looks like he started as a true freshman, got hurt, and still came back and played at the end of the year? Unless there is some bad mojo about why he is transferring, it seems like this is a homerun for lane considering the realistic options and how dire their need was.

ETA: Looks like QBR was 67.7, which would have put him in the low forties in the nation if he had played enough games? Not sure how good QBR is as a stat, but seems like for a true freshman that's probably really promising.

Last edited:

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
He is decent. He is a former USC QB so he obviously has talent. Keep in mind that they had their worst team in a long, long time this past season. USC hit the portal too and he probabaly wasn't going to play much if at all.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Man, we've done real good job in the portal but kudos to them. They have crushed it. Also 17 them
And it will continue, for both of us. We both have two big calling cards that resonate with talented players from other conferences and talented backups from the SEC blue bloods:

1) We are in SEC (for other conferences) and still in the SEC (for the SEC blue blood backups);
2) Near guaranteed playing time, obviously, or we wouldn't even be in the portal.

Everybody is all worried about NIL, but at the end of the day, playing time in the SEC trumps most things, and will continue to do so with Oklahoma and Texas coming. It's only getting stronger. In a few years, all these guys on the bench will realize their NIL isn't all it's cracked up to be, and they'll go looking for PT. And who will be there for them? Lil ole mititipi tate.

It's like buying a used car. Let Texas A&M and others take the depreciation (depreciation in this case is the money spent in NIL). By the time they get to us, they are desperate.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
you left out John Rhys Plumlee, Jevan Snead, Robert Lane, and Jeremiah Mazoli. Just another in a long line of cant miss QB's. Let the printing of Heisman Trophy stickers begin baby!

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
It absolutely is and Ole Miss continues to out-recruit us. They are at the the top of the portal rankings.

FISHDAWG

Dec 27, 2009
well our experiment with a PAC 12 QB transfer didn't go so well so it's far from a guarantee

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
The TE is as big a pickup to me, as Dart. He’s talented, and in the two years Kiffin and Weis, Jr. were together they put up monster numbers with the TE.

I have no idea if this all works or not, and tend to agree with coach66 that it ultimately doesn’t end well. But him landing an elite talent at QB for the next two years, gives him a chance to build something. And mostly, it keeps them from potentially dropping hard next year, which is big. I think next years Egg Bowl could be a doozy. With major bowl implications.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
He is decent. He is a former USC QB so he obviously has talent. Keep in mind that they had their worst team in a long, long time this past season. USC hit the portal too and he probabaly wasn't going to play much if at all.

USC Homer! hahahahahh

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I have no doubt that there is potential with Dart. But I don’t see enough of a track record to say it’s a sure thing. His USC numbers from are just OK. I realize he was a true freshman on a bad team, but it’s premature for anyone to consider this kid Corral 2.0.

Luckily for Ole Miss they have one of the easiest schedules in the SEC next year so they can be pretty mediocre and still win 8 games.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
In the 50s and 60s Ole Miss was successful because

They would sign people to keep other teams from getting them. It was not illegal just unethical which wasn’t a problem for them which is why I’m very concerned about this transfer portal and NIL. We never adjusted to their tactics back then, hopefully we have learned our lesson.

Their booster network with very few constraints should concern everyone, it ain’t gonna be pretty if we don’t step up.

Last edited:

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We keep talking abt their booster network and msu stepping up.

Seems like our boosters need to step up.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
I have no doubt that there is potential with Dart. But I don’t see enough of a track record to say it’s a sure thing. His USC numbers from are just OK. I realize he was a true freshman on a bad team, but it’s premature for anyone to consider this kid Corral 2.0.

Luckily for Ole Miss they have one of the easiest schedules in the SEC next year so they can be pretty mediocre and still win 8 games.

All very fair. I agree. He’s got talent, that’s apparent if you watch him. So my hope, as a very biased fan, is that with Kiffin’s QB track record it works out. But it’s far from a sure thing. And roster turnover like this can lead to a confusing locker room dynamic.

I also agree on the schedule. But the thing about it that’s not being discussed much is that Ole Miss could easily start 6-0 and finish 8-4, and if you finish 2-4 in your last 6 with a home loss in Egg Bowl, the momentum is very different than a normal 8-4. Playing all 6 SEC West teams in last 6 games sucks. But on the flip side, it gives them a chance early to play through transfer growing pains, and still win games, and possibly go into that stretch ranked in Top 20, if they don’t **** the bed.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
All very fair. I agree. He’s got talent, that’s apparent if you watch him. So my hope, as a very biased fan, is that with Kiffin’s QB track record it works out. But it’s far from a sure thing. And roster turnover like this can lead to a confusing locker room dynamic.

I also agree on the schedule. But the thing about it that’s not being discussed much is that Ole Miss could easily start 6-0 and finish 8-4, and if you finish 2-4 in your last 6 with a home loss in Egg Bowl, the momentum is very different than a normal 8-4. Playing all 6 SEC West teams in last 6 games sucks. But on the flip side, it gives them a chance early to play through transfer growing pains, and still win games, and possibly go into that stretch ranked in Top 20, if they don’t **** the bed.

That schedule has MSU 2012 written all over it.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Suggestion, why don’t you take your passive aggressive

*** back to your Ole Miss board and stay there. Your back rubbing is getting old. Of course you probably aren’t on any Ole Miss boards because you spend all your time here slowly stirring.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
*** back to your Ole Miss board and stay there. Your back rubbing is getting old. Of course you probably aren’t on any Ole Miss boards because you spend all your time here slowly stirring.

Amen Brother 17 all of them

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Anyone with an IQ over 80 knows his mission and

He has done well but it’s time for him to go home.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
He has done well but it’s time for him to go home.

What is his mission? Be a turd? They can all go circle jerk to the Mannings or Coach Vaught or a Black Bear or to a confederate man with a cane but get the 17 out

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
What is his mission? Be a turd? They can all go circle jerk to the Mannings or Coach Vaught or a Black Bear or to a confederate man with a cane but get the 17 out

Being a turd is not a mission for them. It is just what they are.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
A mission is something you have to strive to accomplish. They don't have to strive to accomplish that. The fecal matter is just in their DNA.
And this why I get sad when argue so much at each other. We have a common enemy and we shouldn’t lose our focus.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login