Lane Train got his USC QB...

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Was it worth it to bring in a kid similar to the kid they've got? Because Altmeyer is probably out the door now and Dart is no better really. OM overpaid.

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
*** back to your Ole Miss board and stay there. Your back rubbing is getting old. Of course you probably aren’t on any Ole Miss boards because you spend all your time here slowly stirring.

Ive posted here like 5 times in two months, but go off. Maybe it’ll deflect from you not acknowledging the awesome contradiction between your posts.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012
Ive posted here like 5 times in two months, but go off. Maybe it’ll deflect from you not acknowledging the awesome contradiction between your posts.
Five more times than anyone here wants to read. Go away

oxfordrebel22

Oct 31, 2013
He has done well but it’s time for him to go home.

Jesus, some of you take this stuff too seriously. Do you honestly think I have some “mission” here? It’s impossible with some of you. If I’m a complete *******, you obviously are gonna hate me and ban me (rightfully so), and if I actually try to be fair and complimentary of MSU out of respect to you all, I’m “on a mission”.

I promise, I have no mission. This board has some good posters which I enjoy interacting with. I’m an Ole Miss fan. That’s the end of the mission. Take a Xanax.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
You’re trying too hard could be a hard landing.

Doublenaught ********

gwadSIG

Aug 30, 2017
All very fair. I agree. He’s got talent, that’s apparent if you watch him. So my hope, as a very biased fan, is that with Kiffin’s QB track record it works out. But it’s far from a sure thing. And roster turnover like this can lead to a confusing locker room dynamic.

I also agree on the schedule. But the thing about it that’s not being discussed much is that Ole Miss could easily start 6-0 and finish 8-4, and if you finish 2-4 in your last 6 with a home loss in Egg Bowl, the momentum is very different than a normal 8-4. Playing all 6 SEC West teams in last 6 games sucks. But on the flip side, it gives them a chance early to play through transfer growing pains, and still win games, and possibly go into that stretch ranked in Top 20, if they don’t **** the bed.

Nobody cares. G17Y. Ole Miss celebrates second place like no one else. Confederate memorial, SEC West Champ Banner, etc, etc.

patdog

May 28, 2007
It's always worth it to bring in a player who can at least compete for a starting job. And I disagree about Altmeyer. I have no idea if he stays or transfers out, but I'll be shocked if he starts over the transfer. I've seen him in high school and college, and I'm not impressed.

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
There is zero chance any school will get in trouble for offering extra benefits now. The only way this doesn’t end well is if the constant flow in and out results in bad team chemistry at some point or a miss on a critical transfer.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
22 what do you expect from a fan base who has been hoping and praying Lane would depart OM who now fear he is building a program? some of these guys have been touting their portal prowess and they are shocked to discover this afternoon msu is 25 spots behnd the mustard buzzards in the portal ranking, and (only) 50 spots behind their arch rival. these folks are scared, immature, and in shock as they see the writing on the wall so they act out childishly. these guys don't know embarassment--hell they are state fans, its the best they got.

grimedawg1

Aug 25, 2012
I don’t know if I’d call it panic. It was fun knowing ole miss had not one decent QB on its roster and the prospect of that was fun. No matter what dart does, he’s not Matt corral good - he just won’t be.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
The doesn’t end well comment was meant for

Us. We’ve got to get aggressive.

dogeater

Jan 24, 2020
grime my comments were directed at the guys who were shi**ing on 22. 22 is football smart, knows rebel football inside/out, and makes a sincere effort to to come to your board for legitimate informed discussion and occassioanly debate. he gets treated like sh*t by a significant part of your fan base despite his attempts at courteous dialogue. the tenor of the abuse directed toward 22 this afternoon is unseemly and uncalled for. some folks just don't know how to enjoy a rivalry in a good natured way as they are so damn immature-and need to grow the f up and put their hatred aside. though i post here very infrequently i get same vitriol form a segment of your fan base and it take all the fun out of it.

coach66

Mar 5, 2009
Please ban this dip **** too. Good lord stay on

Your own boards, 22 sent you over here to take up for him, you need to get your *** out of here too.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021

A quick count 20+ posts in January

Not sayin'....just sayin'....

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
It's always worth it to bring in a player who can at least compete for a starting job. And I disagree about Altmeyer. I have no idea if he stays or transfers out, but I'll be shocked if he starts over the transfer. I've seen him in high school and college, and I'm not impressed.

I thought he showed some potential in their bowl game, but he didn't look like he'd necessarily be ready next year. The USC QB showed he was at least serviceable, and presumably he'll have a good jump after the experience he got this year. Him having 3 years is something of a mixed blessing. You obviously want more time with a solid QB, but that probably ensured that Altmeyer would be transferring, which means they likely won't have an adequate backup next year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
grime my comments were directed at the guys who were shi**ing on 22. 22 is football smart, knows rebel football inside/out, and makes a sincere effort to to come to your board for legitimate informed discussion and occassioanly debate. he gets treated like sh*t by a significant part of your fan base despite his attempts at courteous dialogue. the tenor of the abuse directed toward 22 this afternoon is unseemly and uncalled for. some folks just don't know how to enjoy a rivalry in a good natured way as they are so damn immature-and need to grow the f up and put their hatred aside. though i post here very infrequently i get same vitriol form a segment of your fan base and it take all the fun out of it.

Lots of posters get treated like **** regardless of who they cheer for. I think 22 can read and knows that he is on an MSU board and will take some occasional ****. He's always been a big boy about it and can apparently handle it. If you are getting upset about it, the interwebz may not be for you.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
dogeater bringing the "Leave Britney Alone!" vibes.

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Bo Bounds keeps saying......

This **** is not going to end well

Bo Bounds keeps saying that OM put together a $1 million NIL deal to land these two. However, he has been saying that weeks and I have yet to hear or see evidence of that. Maybe OM did drop that kinda cash on those guys. However, I don't believe blue jeans and the boys and girls club of oxford are paying two guys $250K a year......or whatever Bo says the deal is.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login