Last name "Manning" adds 2 stars to the 3 star QB prospect Arch Manning?

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I don’t much about evaluating HS QB’s

And I didn’t watch Arch last year, but when I saw him as a sophomore, he was really impressive against a school that was supposed to be good.

tired

Sep 16, 2013
I’ve seen him in 2 games, one very impressive, the other not so much. The pedigree is there, so that’s certainly a factor.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
Clickbait nonsense. I'd say Peyton and Eli more than lived up to their billing. At this point, it's a pretty good bet to give the benefit of the doubt to a Manning QB who is 6'4", 215 lbs. as a rising senior. Not to mention that THIS iteration of the mother 17ers can actually run. Well I guess Archie could too, but it skipped his kids.

We have incredibly too much media content.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Not sure Mike Farrell is an ole miss fan, but 14 other schools appear to have offered him including Alabama, Georgia, lsu, Florida, Tennessee.

I’m gonna take their word for it over Mikes.

But there is no sure thing in recruiting.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Not to mention that THIS iteration of the mother 17ers can actually run. Well I guess Archie could too, but it skipped his kids.

Archie was not trying to outrun the same kind of athlete his sons were. Although, I will admit he did a lot of scrambling as an NFL QB - FOR HIS LIFE!

Emma’s Dad

May 5, 2021
Wait? Texas is gonna sign a 5 Star that is overrated. ********.

Of course facts tend to matter:

Colt McCoy was a three star. Turned out ok. I’m hoping Will develops similarly — accurate passer and reliable game manager. As for 5 stars, Vince Young was pretty solid. Quin Ewers seems to have potential.

Now there have been some whiffs — Garrett Gilbert didn’t meet expectations. And Mack Brown apparently insisted on recruiting RG III as a defensive back— read recently that after RGIII lit Texas up when playing for Baylor, Mack Brown asked him to transfer.

Should be fun having Texas and OU in the SEC and don’t expect either to dominate. They’ll be a factor though.

MagnoliaHunter

Jan 23, 2007
In Peyton and Eli's defense

It's hard to run with a 70 pound bobble head on your shoulders. Its also hard to run when you're 3/4 drunk.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Why wouldn't the name give a star bump?

Success breeds success often times.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Of course facts tend to matter:

Colt McCoy was a three star. Turned out ok. I’m hoping Will develops similarly — accurate passer and reliable game manager. As for 5 stars, Vince Young was pretty solid. Quin Ewers seems to have potential.

Now there have been some whiffs — Garrett Gilbert didn’t meet expectations. And Mack Brown apparently insisted on recruiting RG III as a defensive back— read recently that after RGIII lit Texas up when playing for Baylor, Mack Brown asked him to transfer.

Should be fun having Texas and OU in the SEC and don’t expect either to dominate. They’ll be a factor though.
Oh I know. My bigger point is Texas has 5 top ten recruiting classes from 2014-2021, and has 4 losing seasons in that same timeframe.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login