Leach audio, it's a nothingburger.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It’s not as much the substance as it is that he said it behind his back. Human nature to get mad about that. Whoever recorded it though. Please leave.
That's going to happen.

And we all know who it's going to be.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Are you certain that he never said it to his face?

Of course not but common sense tells me that considering all the factors it wasn’t anything face to face that set him off. Especially since DJ almost quoted the audio verbatim

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Allegedly, Woody is the player that recorded it and gave it to DJ and Leach was recruiting Woody to not get in the portal

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It's obviously somebody who ain't got much for D.J. either. Otherwise, why would you share it with him if he was already out the door?

You have a point. he may have thought that DJ would have ever stated anything publicly. Maybe he was trying to become the featured back.

Who knows, but no coach in America would let this go.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Allegedly, Woody is the player that recorded it and gave it to DJ and Leach was recruiting Woody to not get in the portal
It really looks like we're having a mutiny on the pirate ship. If true, you've got to cut Woody even if he doesn't leave on his own

mike tice

Sep 30, 2022
It’s not as much the substance as it is that he said it behind his back. Human nature to get mad about that. Whoever recorded it though. Please leave.
Yeah no sit. GTFOH with that chicken sit recording.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
A while back I worked with one of TCU's best safeties they ever had who damned near made it on the Cowboy's squad whose best friend played for Saban and I can say without a doubt this is LIGHT compared to some Saban stories he shared with me. I know, 3rd hand info and all so TIFWIW. But don't forget how Saban treated that injured Dolphin player. It's no secret that Leach can be a tough A-Hole. Big 17ing deal. We all knew what we were getting so don't everybody blow an unexpected gasket.

How soon we all forget.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I don't expect a coach to have a lot of positives to say about a guy who's quitting on his team.
I dont either. But you don’t need to get caught saying it. It’s just a bad look that we have to keep dealing with. DJ- right or wrong- will be fine.

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I had the coach at the small school I played at blame me for crap when I told him I was transferring to state. No scholarship. But I wanted to do something different. Wanted to study something specific that school didn't have. He was pretty nasty about it though, but I just said oh well I'm doing what's best for me. These coaches get their feelings hurt when a players leave abd lash out at them. Leach could have just said good for him and good luck.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I dont either. But you don’t need to get caught saying it. It’s just a bad look that we have to keep dealing with. DJ- right or wrong- will be fine.
It shouldn't have been recorded, but it's the equivalent of me finding out that I was discussed in a meeting after I left a company. If I want to be part of the discussion I should stay. If I want to be subject of the discussion with no control over how I'm talked about/perceived, then leaving is a sure way to do that. Overall, bad look for DJ, business as usual for Leach. I agree with the poster who suggested that DJ proved he isn't tough by posting a whiny dear john letter.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Yes, whoever recorded this and made it public needs to be run off. We don't need any back stabbers creating unnecessary drama regardless of who it is
Are we 100% sure it was a player? It sounds like Leach is talking to a different group to me. Doesn't sound like phrasing he would make to a group of players. But I could be hearing it wrong.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
17 this. The only relvevant thing is DJ's a Pu$$y getting gettin' bent outta shape for his smelly taint gettin' exposed. He needs to douche and move on and get the hell outta Dodge / Vegas.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

What was he supposed to say, though? “Yeah, Dillon Johnson is leaving….which is absolutely terrible because he’s our best running back who is irreplaceable by anyone (yourself included). But its just the way it is here at MSU….other schools have a little bit more money than we do, so if you decide to come here….you’ll probably get less than you would elsewhere.”

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Several years ago I hired a guy for a senior level position. He quit after less than 6 months because he thought I was a meaneee. Somebody could have recorded what I called him and it was a lot worse than "not tough".
I had a new engineer, like fresh out of school, come back from lunch on DAY 1 and quit. Said he needed to spend some time and find himself. I was like, you are right here, dude...

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
What was he supposed to say, though? “Yeah, Dillon Johnson is leaving….which is absolutely terrible because he’s our best running back who is irreplaceable by anyone (yourself included). But its just the way it is here at MSU….other schools have a little bit more money than we do, so if you decide to come here….you’ll probably get less than you would elsewhere.”

He doesn’t have to say anything. People leave all the time. If we cant handle it without bashing them all we may need to look at our approach. I know all of us old people think it’s not a huge deal but thats not who the staff has to explain stuff like this to. Hopefully it indeed amounts to nothing.

If I told my manager I was quitting and then he went behind my back to tell people he was glad bc he didn’t think I worked hard Id probably be pissed too. And then you may have others who think “if he would say that about the brilliant 8dog, what’s he saying about me?”

Again I hope it’s nothing but I get DJ being mad. Went about it wrong.

Mayor of Little London

Dec 26, 2016
Are we 100% sure it was a player? It sounds like Leach is talking to a different group to me. Doesn't sound like phrasing he would make to a group of players. But I could be hearing it wrong.
I don’t think he would use his full name if talking to a current player, but could be wrong. possibly a recruit ? Maybe nether?

Reactions: Darryl Steight

Other Kind

Oct 15, 2022
Lol @ Leach not even being around campus to talk to Woody and even if he is he can’t go speak to him face to face.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
He doesn’t have to say anything. People leave all the time. If we cant handle it without bashing them all we may need to look at our approach. I know all of us old people think it’s not a huge deal but thats not who the staff has to explain stuff like this to. Hopefully it indeed amounts to nothing.

If I told my manager I was quitting and then he went behind my back to tell people he was glad bc he didn’t think I worked hard Id probably be pissed too. And then you may have others who think “if he would say that about the brilliant 8dog, what’s he saying about me?”

Again I hope it’s nothing but I get DJ being mad. Went about it wrong.
I'm sure it was not easy for DJ to hear, but he could have been a part of a conversation with MSU running backs and he chose to be a quitter instead. He then responded very poorly, indicating that he might just be guilty of what he was accused of being. If Leach wanted to convey to any remaining RBs that being tough and sticking to something matters, then good. When you build a culture, you get people that respond to that culture. Some will leave, but the ones that come and stay will the right ones.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
It’s amazing how this board who only weeks ago was praising DJ, now almost everyone thinks he’s a ****. Know one on this board knows exactly what transpired except for the recording. Seems to me that DJ said he was leaving, Leach got his panties in a wad then made his comment, then some DB or low life recorded it then sent it to Johnson who in turn made his tweet . Regardless best of luck DJ and thanks.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
Yes, Dillon is leaving. I hate to see him go, I know you guys push each other competitively and feed off of each other, but I still think we have a solid nucleus of backs here that can be as good or better next year.

It’s really easy. You don’t talk about someone else poorly when they’re not even in the room, especially to another player.

Reactions: FQDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login