Leach calling out players vs players calling out Leach

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I'm asking this earnestly because I'm having some cognitive dissonance with how quickly so many people have jumped on Dillon Johnson for calling Leach out in his transfer announcement.

Do you feel like there is a difference in this and in Leach calling out players or position groups in press conferences?

If so, is it just because Leach is a coach and Dillon Johnson is a player?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I'm asking this earnestly because I'm having some cognitive dissonance with how quickly so many people have jumped on Dillon Johnson for calling Leach out in his transfer announcement.

Do you feel like there is a difference in this and in Leach calling out players or position groups in press conferences?

If so, is it just because Leach is a coach and Dillon Johnson is a player?
Let's see I need to make a decision & it's gonna make everybody unhappy but it's gonna make me a lot more money right now. What is gonna be the easiest way for me to do this without looking like I'm a money grabbing *******? Blaming my fellow players? I can't do that. Hey, I know what I'll do. I'll tell everyone on Twitter, so I don't have to look anybody in the face or take any questions that's it's the coach he's a big meanie! A bunch of people out there that don't like him anyway because he is not an *** kisser and they will come down on him and let me out the door without any problem or other questions. Just one little tweet and I'm out of here.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Let's see I need to make a decision & it's gonna make everybody unhappy but it's gonna make me a lot more money right now. What is gonna be the easiest way for me to do this without looking like I'm a money grabbing *******? Blaming my fellow players? I can't do that. Hey, I know what I'll do. I'll tell everyone on Twitter, so I don't have to look anybody in the face or take any questions that's it's the coach he's a big meanie! A bunch of people out there that don't like him anyway because he is not an *** kisser and they will come down on him and let me out the door without any problem or other questions. Just one little tweet and I'm out of here.

So you question his motives? You feel like he was leaving for more money regardless and just felt like he needed a scapegoat to leave? That’s an interesting theory and one that I haven’t heard yet. I think most assume the conversation and beef with Leach is real.

Also, you identified tweeting vs being live in front of press being a differentiator, which is probably fair.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
So you question his motives? You feel like he was leaving for more money regardless and just felt like he needed a scapegoat to leave? That’s an interesting theory and one that I haven’t heard yet. I think most assume the conversation and beef with Leach is real.

Also, you identified tweeting vs being live in front of press being a differentiator, which is probably fair.

I do think he was leaving for money. That doesn't make me upset with him. It's been talked about on here. and 95% of the people think the same thing.

My words. "He has a kid. He has 1 year left. If you can get more from somebody else, go because the NFL is not 100%"

Reactions: Dawgg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Like using a message board to express thoughts on someone with anonymity?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login