Leach second only to Saban

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
In all time wins amongst current coaches and we have losers on this board who think they know better than Leach how to coach a winning football team. Especially at programs that are historical losers.
How have you been frequenting message boards this long and not realized that it’s a place to discuss the pros and cons of the teams the board was create for? If you want 100% sunshine pumped up your butt and no dissenting opinions, then maybe you’re in the wrong place.

patdog

May 28, 2007
In all time wins amongst current coaches and we have losers on this board who think they know better than Leach how to coach a winning football team. Especially at programs that are historical losers.
And yet, he's having the most success at MSU this year when he's finally doing what some of us have been calling for him to do ever since he got here, which is diversify the offense and run the ball more.

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
How have you been frequenting message boards this long and not realized that it’s a place to discuss the pros and cons of the teams the board was create for? If you want 100% sunshine pumped up your butt and no dissenting opinions, then maybe you’re in the wrong place.
Sunshine? Is there no middle ground between sunshine and “it’s time to move on from the Leach experiment?

I never said anything about sunshine. The guy is a proven winner and our fans can’t accept that he does things a different way

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Sunshine? Is there no middle ground between sunshine and “it’s time to move on from the Leach experiment?

I never said anything about sunshine. The guy is a proven winner and our fans can’t accept that he does things a different way
Read your original post again. You were complaining that people think they know more than Leach. You didn’t complain about the fire Leach crowd specifically. We do have middle ground. If you don’t want dissenting opinions, then the alternative is sunshine.

Also, fans on this board have very often since Leach’s arrival begged for him to run the ball more. It has been discussed over and over again. We are doing that this year and it’s working. What a bunch of losers!**

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
And yet, he's having the most success at MSU this year when he's finally doing what some of us have been calling for him to do ever since he got here, which is diversify the offense and run the ball more.
Funny how that happens…

2020: “Leach really needs to diversify the offense some. You can’t move the ball regularly when you ONLY pass”

2021: “Leach really needs to diversify the offense some. You can’t move the ball regularly when you ONLY pass”

2022: Leach runs the ball 10% more and the offense scores a **** ton of points “cant believe you message board geniuses think you know more than the 2nd winningest coach in CFB!1!1!!!!1!1!1!1!!!”

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Funny how that happens…

2020: “Leach really needs to diversify the offense some. You can’t move the ball regularly when you ONLY pass”

2021: “Leach really needs to diversify the offense some. You can’t move the ball regularly when you ONLY pass”

2022: Leach runs the ball 10% more and the offense scores a **** ton of points “cant believe you message board geniuses think you know more than the 2nd winningest coach in CFB!1!1!!!!1!1!1!1!!!”

EXACTLY

Reactions: patdog

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
So you’re just going to ignore the part about the myriad posts calling for “moving on from the leach experiment”?
How am I ignoring them? That’s not what you posted nor what I replied to.

And to address it, I can’t believe again that you’ve been on message boards this long and have not realized we have people on the extremes that ALWAYS want a coach fired or ALWAYS think that the coach shouldn’t be questioned because posters on message boards aren’t coaches (potentially yourself for example).

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
This is a hilarious take. Go back and look at the stats at Wazzu. Leach runs the ball when the defense gives it to him. Always has. He didn’t just start running the ball this year because he’s “seen the light.”

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
This is a hilarious take. Go back and look at the stats at Wazzu. Leach runs the ball when the defense gives it to him. Always has. He didn’t just start running the ball this year because he’s “seen the light.”

I agree he hasn’t “seen the light.” He is more focused on touches and production by each of the skill positions on offense. Since there happen to be more receiving skill positions than running skill positions, we are always going to look “light” in the running game to some folks. The running game this year is getting more touches and more production and we are more balanced by Leach’s standards.

This is from a 2018 Yahoo article:

“I want all the positions to touch it. There’s nothing balanced about 50 percent run and 50 percent pass. Because that’s 50 percent stupid. Now what is balanced is when you have five skill positions and all five are contributing to the offensive effort in a somewhat equal fashion, then that’s balanced. But this notion that if you hand it to one guy 50 percent of the time and you throw it to a combination of two guys the other 50 percent of the time and you’re balanced and you proudly pat yourself on the back and tell yourself that — and people have been doing that for decades — well you’re delusional.”

Chesusdog

May 2, 2006
Also no coincidence that our oline has looked better this year. Leach will run as long as it's gaining chunks. He will abandon it if we're getting 1-2 yard pileups.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Leach had ONE year out of 8 at WSU where he ran the ball as often as he is this year. Overall, he ran the ball at WSU at the rate he did his first 2 seasons at MSU (28% run - 72% pass). This year, he's 35% run, 65% pass. Which is about what he should be for a pass-first offense.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
And I'm quite certain that the reason we are running more is that Leach regularly reads this board for advice. Let's all pat ourselves on the back.

Has anyone claimed that he has been reading it? It’s a message board to discuss sports. Holy crap people. What else are you expecting here?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Funny how that happens…

Yup!! ^17’ing this all day!

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
Has anyone claimed that he has been reading it? It’s a message board to discuss sports. Holy crap people. What else are you expecting here?
Sarcasm, you think? My whole point was that Leach never reads this board, and I wasn't implying that anyone has claimed such. But some seem to be implying that he has adjusted his offense due to some fan criticism. I'm just calling bull shat on that.

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Sarcasm, you think? My whole point was that Leach never reads this board, and I wasn't implying that anyone has claimed such. But some seem to be implying that he has adjusted his offense due to some fan criticism. I'm just calling bull shat on that.

Got it. We just disagree that some are implying that. It would absolutely be complete crap if they did though. 100% agree.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Funny how that happens…

Any chance that in 2020 and 2021 Leach was focused on installing his system and wasn’t worried about the immediate results those years?

I hired what was supposed to be a proven contractor to build my house. I told that damn contractor on day one to put in the air conditioning. He kept insisting on other stuff first. Things he called foundation, framing, and roof. I told that dumb *** I’ve never seen a nice modern house without air conditioning. You can’t build a house without air conditioning anymore. That won’t work in the South. After telling him how to do it over and over for months, he finally installed air conditioning. And guess what, it works great. He should’ve listened to me on day one.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Well I'm here today to say all posts in this thread are valid, noteworthy and with merit. Please don't forget me next month at the ballot box.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
Any chance that in 2020 and 2021 Leach was focused on installing his system and wasn’t worried about the immediate results those years?

I hired what was supposed to be a proven contractor to build my house. I told that damn contractor on day one to put in the air conditioning. He kept insisting on other stuff first. Things he called foundation, framing, and roof. I told that dumb *** I’ve never seen a nice modern house without air conditioning. You can’t build a house without air conditioning anymore. That won’t work in the South. After telling him how to do it over and over for months, he finally installed air conditioning. And guess what, it works great. He should’ve listened to me on day one.

I don’t view stubbornness against Arkansas and UK in year #1 as prohibitive to accomplishing the goals in year #3. Does 10-15 run plays in those games really prevent him from having what we have now? Does 2-3 series with Shrader that year in those 2 games, allowing him to run, really prevent us from being where we are at now?

Ill try to use your house analogy… I’ll never forget how hot I was those first 1-1.5 seasons with AC when I know that the AC guy could easily get me what I wanted without 17ing up my foundation and framing.

• Sad

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
and Leach believed those 10-15 more reps for the QB and receivers were better for the long term success of the program. It was never about winning the most games possible in year one. It was about winning the most games possible.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
and Leach believed those 10-15 more reps for the QB and receivers were better for the long term success of the program. It was never about winning the most games possible in year one. It was about winning the most games possible.

But the point… is that those 10-15 reps don’t make a lick of difference in year 3. They only put us closer to losses in year 1.

• Sad

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Leach had ONE year out of 8 at WSU where he ran the ball as often as he is this year. Overall, he ran the ball at WSU at the rate he did his first 2 seasons at MSU (28% run - 72% pass). This year, he's 35% run, 65% pass. Which is about what he should be for a pass-first offense.
How successful was the running game for WSU? Johnson is averaging 6 YPC and the team average is 4.2 with the QBs losing 68 yds. It would be 4.6 YPC with no sacks.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
So...you think Leach has only just realized we need to run more.
Might be we could not run the damn football until this year.
Just damn......

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Man....I had hoped some folks faded away with the site transfer, but I guess he's always run under a sock.

• Sad

operch

Aug 22, 2012
All need to learn to R U N the ball from the point of which they receive the ball in order to R U N the ball.

IMHO

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Pat wants credit for showing Leach the light, dammit. And he/she won‘t stop until they get it.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login