• Lose Egg Bowl and now I’m off

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Off regardless.

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I feel like discussing Leach is like politics, the screaming voices are from the extremes of both sides. I’m still wait and see based on this game and am curious where everyone else is.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I feel like discussing Leach is like politics, the screaming voices are from the extremes of both sides. I’m still wait and see based on this game and am curious where everyone else is.
I don’t know if I’m permanently on Leach Beach, but I am for at least 4 years, and I don’t count Covid year. Of course if he completely loses control of the program, that’s a different story, but he’s not going to.
I’m curious about how this experiment will work, and I think it’s worth giving him time to find out.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
That's actually a thing. There are people on some boards that hate Leach because he is conservative. In fact, because he retweeted something by Clay travis. This was the literal thing he retweeted:

Mike Leach Retweeted

Clay Travis

@ClayTravis

·
Sep 30

BYU’s mascot is a badass. This is ridiculous:

And for that he drew the crowd that wants him gone over it. How stupid and ignorant!

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
why is it so important to you to start a Leach bashing thread right now ?

take a couple of pamprin
It will turn into it!

That same crowd will be along. And I don't mind calling them out either. If they want to be vocal, I can be vocal. I was told about a few posts one of them made. "The L3ader 4 them". I was like noway. No way that was even said. Sure enough, it was stated.

Like I said. Nothing wrong in being critical, but when you lie to bring about a desired change, you are nothing more than pathetic.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It will turn into it!

That same crowd will be along. And I don't mind calling them out either. If they want to be vocal, I can be vocal. I was told about a few posts one of them made. "The L3ader 4 them". I was like noway. No way that was even said. Sure enough, it was stated.

Like I said. Nothing wrong in being critical, but when you lie to bring about a desired change, you are nothing more than pathetic.

You are pretty tiresome, and I'm a Leach fan.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
You are pretty tiresome, and I'm a Leach fan.
Why? Because I'm pointing out facts? Like the Leach is deathly ill and retiring? Or that Leach will be fired after Thursday? Or pointing out that there are actual "fans" who are stating that it doesn't matter if Leach wins Thursday they want him fired? Or is it ok for them to spread total falsehoods but others need to be understanding of it and not say anything about it?

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Why? Because I'm pointing out facts? Like the Leach is deathly ill and retiring? Or that Leach will be fired after Thursday? Or pointing out that there are actual "fans" who are stating that it doesn't matter if Leach wins Thursday they want him fired? Or is it ok for them to spread total falsehoods but others need to be understanding of it and not say anything about it?

No, because you are over the top dramatic about almost everything.

Are you and Grover the same person?? Because y'all are all up in each other's threads.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Look MFers the crap that you are spreading right now is beyond piss poor. Let it play out before you push your chips in....if you have any chips to begin with. Let this shite up north explode before making a call. It does not benefit our school to be negative right now. Post egg bowl give it your best shot but right now be united and take advantage of the distraction up north.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Some of you get your panties in a wad over a message board question. Chill out. It's just message board talk and discussion. Some of you throw temper tantrums if your guy is criticized or analyzed at all

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
Some of you get your panties in a wad over a message board question. Chill out. It's just message board talk and discussion. Some of you throw temper tantrums if your guy is criticized or analyzed at all

Get it....in any other scenario. Let's level set for this week why don't we? What does pissing down our leg about our current situation gain us as a community? Let's leave that to post Egg Bowl. Cut the immature shite prior to the big game!!

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I’m just not quite sure what the argument against Leach is in context of our historical program expectations. The recruiting, record, and play calling are at or above average. His worst year so far was 3-7 in the conference and a bowl win. A loss Thursday would be a let down but I don’t see it as a nail in the coffin quite yet. If I knew the university was willing to spend 8 million on the next coach I could get on board but I don’t see that happening. The question is can we get a better coach for 5 million while also paying out Leach’s contract?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Get it....in any other scenario. Let's level set for this week why don't we? What does pissing down our leg about our current situation gain us as a community? Let's leave that to post Egg Bowl. Cut the immature shite prior to the big game!!
Really what does any of this gain us as a community? Anything we discuss have an actual affect on the game. This is just fans talking about their opinions of the coaches players programs and the game. Guess what? This opinions vary from one end to the other. I get it some of you find no wrong in anything that anyone does at msu athletics , everything is always peachy. Some just want everyone to get along. Some are never happy with anything in the program or coach. Some see something's not right snd some things are right. Nothing wrong with people just posting opinions. What the hell else would you post on a message board? In your scenario, it would be nothing but a cheerleader social.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think between now and Sunday we're going to be so unbelievably surprised with everything that we're all sitting here having a drink and laughing about it Sunday night. Just me, but I'm going by years and years of seeing everything that's happening before the egg bowl. No, it might take Monday or Tuesday of next week for everything to settle but.......

I don't think so

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

take a couple of pamprin
Not gonna lie. With my relationship to Big Bad Rebel Daddy, and the rest of the insufferable Ole Miss sh!theads from Vicksburg, Egg Bowl victories are sweet as molasses. But when we win this one, and your troll *** goes silent. It may be sweeter than that time I sat in your student section in 1998, next to Ashley Cooper’s mom and celebrated our SEC West championship.

take a couple of pamprin
You are 100% right. I apologize for Leach bashing. I realized I have been kobayashi maru’d. If Leach fails, you as an Ole Miss fan will get to revel in our downfall. If we win, you get to keep the troll job going. Congrats on that!

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
I doubt any of us on this board are playing in the big game and I doubt even more that anything posted here has any impact at all on the MSU football program.

In other words, it doesn’t matter.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
These results are pretty telling. As typical, the detractors are a vocal minority.

ETA: one woof saw your post right after I had posted

Reactions: onewoof

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
No, because you are over the top dramatic about almost everything.

Are you and Grover the same person?? Because y'all are all up in each other's threads.
Not at all! I post about basketball, men and womens. I post about recruiting. I post about Srs returning.

Do I call out the BS lies. Yep! Because I'm sick of reading them and know them to be lies.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Really what does any of this gain us as a community? Anything we discuss have an actual affect on the game. This is just fans talking about their opinions of the coaches players programs and the game. Guess what? This opinions vary from one end to the other. I get it some of you find no wrong in anything that anyone does at msu athletics , everything is always peachy. Some just want everyone to get along. Some are never happy with anything in the program or coach. Some see something's not right snd some things are right. Nothing wrong with people just posting opinions. What the hell else would you post on a message board? In your scenario, it would be nothing but a cheerleader social.
I wish it was just those things, but it's not. There is a big difference is saying Leach needs to run the ball more or our AD sucks at NIL and stating that Leach is being fired on every message board by the same group of people. Or that same group of people saying Leach is sick and retiring.

That same group of people has made it their mission to fire a coach.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022

Let's try this again. Say whatever the F you want. I could care less. I just don't see how promoting this narrative does ANY good for ANYBODY whether they are reading this board or not. Promoting this narrative is very different from criticizing the coaching staff and I think you know that.

If you don't realize this then I apologize because you aren't doing what I think you are doing.

Reactions: Ibdancin

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I doubt any of us on this board are playing in the big game and I doubt even more that anything posted here has any impact at all on the MSU football program.

In other words, it doesn’t matter.

Wow, I've never heard this one before. I'm going to try and do better and frame my future posts around this one guiding principle. I mean if nobody is watching I can say anything right?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m just not quite sure what the argument against Leach is in context of our historical program expectations. The recruiting, record, and play calling are at or above average. His worst year so far was 3-7 in the conference and a bowl win. A loss Thursday would be a let down but I don’t see it as a nail in the coffin quite yet. If I knew the university was willing to spend 8 million on the next coach I could get on board but I don’t see that happening. The question is can we get a better coach for 5 million while also paying out Leach’s contract?

Obviously can't speak for all, but for me, it's more of a growing concern over a low ceiling rather than a reasonably high floor(for MSU's standards). I'll readily admit that Leach is doing just fine, historically speaking, with essentially everything he's doing here. Recruiting, W/L records, and performance in the SEC is right on par with the coaches that we like to hold in high regard.

My problem, though, is that I'm not one to be ok with just the status quo, and a coach making as much as Leach also needs to be able to give the fanbase hope. Has he done that? I guess some would argue that he somehow has, but I'm still struggling to see it when he continues to put a QB out there with significant limitations, he hasn't developed an alternative in 3 years, and he refuses to make any adjustments to his offense that has now been completely shut down by capable defenses on numerous occasions. No options, no TEs, very little misdirection, and a refusal to commit to a run game because he allows the defensive set to entirely dictate what we do. I fully believe that the air raid can work in this league, but only if a coach is willing to adjust, and Leach just can't seem to bring himself to do it.

Like others, I'm very anxious to see what a mobile QB can do in this offense, but based on our inability to get any other QB ready to run this offense during the last 3 years, I don't have a ton of faith in Parson taking over any time soon.

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Okay I’ll reply based solely on my opinion without the sarcasm. Don’t hate the man, don’t know him so unfair to judge him as a person. Don’t want him fired no cause for that at this time, would I be disappointed if he left, no. I’ve never been a fan of his offensive philosophy or coaching style even when he coached at his previous stops. Didn’t like the hire and still don’t but I will always support the team especially players. So since I was never on my answer is off.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I'm not off. I'm not on. I'm waiting for the season to conclude before I decide. I'm disappointed in recruiting and and don't care for the offensive scheme. But if it wins, I'm on board. It's not won enough so far, so I'm riding on the back, looking for a landing place if this season ends like last season. I was hoping for retirement but without an AD, that's a bad situation now.

Reactions: Maroon13

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
Wow, I've never heard this one before. I'm going to try and do better and frame my future posts around this one guiding principle. I mean if nobody is watching I can say anything right?

You can do what you want. Just like anybody else here. But the next time you lecture people about when to share their opinions, expect the same kind of response.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigDawg0074
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login