• Lose Egg Bowl and now I’m off

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Off regardless.

Votes: 21 12.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pmack3641

Aug 9, 2019
Not at all! I post about basketball, men and womens. I post about recruiting. I post about Srs returning.

Do I call out the BS lies. Yep! Because I'm sick of reading them and know them to be lies.
I just want to make one comment. I see a lot of talk about quarterback, quarterback, quarterback, quarterback, I want you to tell me how we can get a five star, or just a four star quarterback to come to a school that has historically been a run only team. I just want to know how you're going to compete with the big boys for the top quarterbacks in the nation , no matter who is the coach. I'll hang up and listen.
According to one of the heavy leach lovers we’ve got two 4 or 5 stars on the bench and supposedly another one on the way. Unfortunately they won’t see the field until rogers leaves or gets hurt. Seems to me there have been plenty of opportunities to give at least 1 some playing time which hasn’t happened and is on the coach.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm on the beach (shocker, I know).

I'm waiting for the season to play out, but I'll still be on the beach next year. That said, I would like to see us finish much stronger than we did last year and I think we will.

Here's my thinking. Leach is a pretty known commodity. He's won everywhere he's been. Not national championships, but won bigger than those schools were used to.

We're not wondering if he can win SEC games against more talented teams anymore. He can. Not every team, but we've beaten everybody, but Ole Miss and Bama in the West and we've split with our permanent East opponent, who has had better than average teams. Bama is Bama and Ole Miss has simply been good, and better than us the last two years. That matters in the analysis. We're not facing Houston Nutt.

It might feel like this season is a step down because we don't have any "Big" wins like the road games at TAMU and Auburn last year. And our schedule was easier than first thought because A&M and Arkansas weren't as good as expected.

Truth is we are better at this point than last year's team by a good margin. All the major data driven polls have us ranked in the mid 20's. Last year we finished around 40. So improvement has happened despite an egg laying in Lexington (nearly every team has some version of that in a season).

Yeah, we weren't very competitive with Bama and UGA, but get real. We're not close to their level (the very best) yet. Maybe we will get there, but patience is very much warranted.

This is not a Moorhead situation. His flaws became very obvious in that final season and kudos to Cohen for knowing it. Poor Akron.

I don't know if Leach can get us up the mountain, but I think we'll be consistently competitive at the upper levels of college football with him. I've seen many terrible seasons at State. Lost seasons. Nobody cares seasons, for years in a row. We're a long way from that.

I'm not remotely ready to consider possibly making a bad hire and sending us down a 5 year losing train for the pie in the sky of improving on a solid known commodity. We have a guy who can win consistently and is smart enough to maybe do something great one year.

And Will Rogers has had some absolutely beautiful games in his time here. He deserves way better than he gets from many of you, but that's just my opinion.

Where's my bourbon...

Last edited:

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
According to one of the heavy leach lovers we’ve got two 4 or 5 stars on the bench and supposedly another one on the way. Unfortunately they won’t see the field until rogers leaves or gets hurt. Seems to me there have been plenty of opportunities to give at least 1 some playing time which hasn’t happened and is on the coach.

He's had some. But I can agree that I wish we had seen him more.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

I'm waiting for the season to play out, but I'll still be on the beach next year. That said, I would like to see us finish much stronger than we did last year and I think we will.

Here's my thinking. Leach is a pretty known commodity. He's won everywhere he's been. Not national championships, but won bigger than those schools were used to.

We're not wondering if he can win SEC games against more talented teams anymore. He can. Not every team, but we've beaten everybody, but Ole Miss and Bama in the West and we've split with our permanent East opponent, who has had better than average teams. Bama is Bama and Ole Miss has simply been good, and better than us the last two years. That matters in the analysis. We're not facing Houston Nutt.

It might feel like this season is a step down because we don't have any "Big" wins like the road games at TAMU and Auburn last year. And our schedule was easier than first thought because A&M and Arkansas weren't as good as expected.

Truth is we are better at this point than last year's team by a good margin. All the major data driven polls have us ranked in the mid 20's. Last year we finished around 40. So improvement has happened despite an egg laying in Lexington (nearly every team has some version of that in a season).

Yeah, we weren't very competitive with Bama and UGA, but get real. We're not close to their level (the very best) yet. Maybe we will get there, but patience is very much warranted.

This is not a Moorhead situation. His flaws became very obvious in that final season and kudos to Cohen for knowing it. Poor Akron.

I don't know if Leach can get us up the mountain, but I think we'll be consistently competitive at the upper levels of college football with him. I've seen many terrible seasons at State. Lost seasons. Nobody cares seasons, for years in a row. We're a long way from that.

I'm not remotely ready to consider possibly making a bad hire and sending us down a 5 year losing train for the pie in the sky of improving on a solid known commodity. We have a guy who can win consistently and is smart enough to maybe do something great one year.

And Will Rogers has had some absolutely beautiful games in his time here. He deserves way better than he gets from many of you, but that's just my opinion.

Where's my bourbon...
Unless will has huge game tomorrow I feel like his best games were last year. Auburn TAMU and Arkansas l. He played fine in two of those this year, but I believe those defenses were way worse this year. If comes and plays light out tomorrow that would show me something. I still feel like will has reached a ceiling in year 3 and we've seen his best. Hope he shows me wrong though

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Leach may never win an Egg Bowl if we don’t win Thursday.

I’m good with Leach for now. We’re unlikely to make a 4-team playoff, but we’re also unlikely to not win 6 games. Once the playoff expands to 12 teams, not being capable of making the CFP will no longer be acceptable. Mullen proved we could make a 12-team playoff. We would have hosted a first-round playoff game in 2014 under the future 12-team format.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Unless will has huge game tomorrow I feel like his best games were last year. Auburn TAMU and Arkansas l. He played fine in two of those this year, but I believe those defenses were way worse this year. If comes and plays light out tomorrow that would show me something. I still feel like will has reached a ceiling in year 3 and we've seen his best. Hope he shows me wrong though

Don't you think Will has a much weaker receiver corps than he had last year with Heath and Polk included? Everything can't be heaped on the QB.

He hasn't thrown for as many yards or quite as high a YPA, but we've run more. His TD/Int ratio is 32/5 this year vs 36/9 full season last year and we've been very good in the red zone.

As far as individual games, he opened the season 38 of 49 for 450 and 5 TDs against a Memphis team who beat us the year prior. Those aren't real common numbers for MSU QBs. And that Memphis team is 6-5 and has ended up being better than the one that beat us.

In our 3 SEC wins he was 105 of 153 (68.6%) for 1,092 (364 average) and 9 TDs. He was SEC Offensive POW vs Arkansas.

Like I said, he's had some nice games this year and last year.

And there's this...

Screenshot_20221123-173033-335.png

And this...

Screenshot_20221123-173538-206.png

Last edited:

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Leach would have made a 12 team playoff twice in his career by now, given time here he will do it
fwiw 2018 Washington State would have missed the 12-team playoff.

But I’m not talking about what he could do at other jobs or 14 years ago. I haven’t seen anything from Leach at State that makes me think he can finish in the top 12 of the final CFP poll.

Reactions: olblue

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022

But I’m not talking about what he could do at other jobs or 14 years ago. I haven’t seen anything from Leach at State that makes me think he can finish in the top 12 of the final CFP poll.
Of course you would say that. It’s his second full season after taking over a trash heap from Moore head. Carry on with your horse manure.
his WSU team ranked 11-2 and finished ranked tenth in the country in 2018.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008

We led LSU through 3 quarters and Kentucky at the half. Win those two games and we're inside the Top 12 now

It didn't happen, but it's not like we're light years away.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I have another question, for those of you that feel talking bad about the football team hurts the program. Did you hate Jack Cristal, because that man was Jeff Ross of talking bad about Ms State football.

Reactions: olblue

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Of course you would say that. It’s his second full season after taking over a trash heap from Moore head. Carry on with your horse manure.
his WSU team ranked 11-2 and finished ranked tenth in the country in 2018.
Friend, I am only stating my opinion. You don't have to agree.

However, this is not my opinion:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I have another question, for those of you that feel talking bad about the football team hurts the program. Did you hate Jack Cristal, because that man was Jeff Ross of talking bad about Ms State football.

Jack saw and talked about every minute of football played by some truly awful Bulldog teams. Decades worth.

He gets a pass in perpetuity.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022
I notice you are trying to justify your negativity on the eve of the egg bowl, in true weasel fashion. No wonder no one listens to your podcast.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016

Where's my bourbon...
When we are talking about replacing Leach, assuming he hasn’t totally nose dived, we have to be talking about an undoubtable upgrade. With that upgrade we are talking at least another $3 million just to keep up with the best non-champion coaches’ salaries. On top of that you would probably need to sweeten the pot to get them to come to Starkville. Could that even be done? Does anyone here know what the balance sheet really looks like? Is it worth spending more on coaches rather than players?

Reactions: She Mate Me

Clay Lyle

Sep 30, 2022
These poll results will be very different if we lose the Egg Bowl and Ole Miss announces Kiffin is staying thanks in part to their $10mil NIL fund raising. There’s going to be a lot of emotional reactions. I’m going to do my best to keep mine offline.

Reactions: PBRME

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
These poll results will be very different if we lose the Egg Bowl and Ole Miss announces Kiffin is staying thanks in part to their $10mil NIL fund raising. There’s going to be a lot of emotional reactions. I’m going to do my best to keep mine offline.

Ok, we won the Egg Bowl.

We should now have 144 (or 87%) of the voters here hanging on Leach Beach.

And 21 drowning offshore.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Obviously can't speak for all, but for me, it's more of a growing concern over a low ceiling rather than a reasonably high floor(for MSU's standards). I'll readily admit that Leach is doing just fine, historically speaking, with essentially everything he's doing here. Recruiting, W/L records, and performance in the SEC is right on par with the coaches that we like to hold in high regard.

My problem, though, is that I'm not one to be ok with just the status quo, and a coach making as much as Leach also needs to be able to give the fanbase hope. Has he done that? I guess some would argue that he somehow has, but I'm still struggling to see it when he continues to put a QB out there with significant limitations, he hasn't developed an alternative in 3 years, and he refuses to make any adjustments to his offense that has now been completely shut down by capable defenses on numerous occasions. No options, no TEs, very little misdirection, and a refusal to commit to a run game because he allows the defensive set to entirely dictate what we do. I fully believe that the air raid can work in this league, but only if a coach is willing to adjust, and Leach just can't seem to bring himself to do it.

Like others, I'm very anxious to see what a mobile QB can do in this offense, but based on our inability to get any other QB ready to run this offense during the last 3 years, I don't have a ton of faith in Parson taking over any time soon.
He’s made improvements yoy how can you possibly know his ceiling yet?

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

That's because you are not looking and just complaining.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login