Leadership

Bagman.sixpack

Jan 13, 2021
Does anyone not think that our talent may not be that bad and we just lacked the vet leadership that had been so close but fallen short? The vets were getting it done for themselves and former and recent players.

I’m feeling/hoping that’s the case. I kind of do. It almost felt like more of a relief than elation as a fan.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Leadership is a component. But, when you're standing at the plate staring a pitcher down, either you can hit, or not. Conversely as a pitcher, either you can throw strikes, or not. At the moment you swing, or release the ball, you aren't thinking about getting a pep talk from someone that's been there a year or two more than you. There weren't enough guys in that lineup this year to put together consecutive hits or to consistently throw the ball inside a rectangle over the plate

Choctaw Dawg

May 21, 2017
Does anyone not think that our talent may not be that bad and we just lacked the vet leadership that had been so close but fallen short? The vets were getting it done for themselves and former and recent players.

I’m feeling/hoping that’s the case. I kind of do. It almost felt like more of a relief than elation as a fan.
I just can't figure out what happened after that Ole Miss series, we fell off completely and played completely dejected. We at least played like we gave a **** before that

Bagman.sixpack

Jan 13, 2021
Leadership is a component. But, when you're standing at the plate staring a pitcher down, either you can hit, or not. Conversely as a pitcher, either you can throw strikes, or not. At the moment you swing, or release the ball, you aren't thinking about getting a pep talk from someone that's been there a year or two more than you. There weren't enough guys in that lineup this year to put together consecutive hits or to consistently throw the ball inside a rectangle over the plate

True. Just trying to stay optimistic.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
We put Forsythe in to pitch and the rest was history. Ole Miss has been

True. Just trying to stay optimistic.

on a roll ever since then. And they have pitching and enough talent to be good next year without raiding the portal. Gonna lose some leadership, though.

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
We benefited from covid seniors, especially in the bullpen. UM benefited from 6th year seniors like other teams did.

What should concern us is that UTenn is signing freshmen that lead the SEC and nation.

Glad to see Hines produce this year but we have to get better recruits or we are already average. Games with be fun at the dude though, especially weekend night games.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
We benefited from covid seniors, especially in the bullpen. UM benefited from 6th year seniors like other teams did.

What should concern us is that UTenn is signing freshmen that lead the SEC and nation.

Glad to see Hines produce this year but we have to get better recruits or we are already average. Games with be fun at the dude though, especially weekend night games.
Unless portal picks up quickly, we will be way below average… the big reason for this year downfall is we really didn’t hit the Portal hard and we had players on our roster that were not SEC quality and passed on players like Sonny D.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login