Let’s all calm down thread.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
A lot of people seem triggered by the transfer portal right now.
  1. The transfer portal is what it is. Every team has players in the portal. Most of the players in the portal are there because of playing time. Some are shopping for more NIL money. I’ve heard that the number that RaRa wanted was more than we were willing to pay. And he thinks another team will. And if the number I heard is right, I think it is more than what he is worth to us next year. And if another team wants to pay him that, so be it. DJ may be looking for a situation where he isn’t sharing snaps with Woody. We may not like it, but players seeking NIL money and snaps via the portal is the reality of college football. The important thing is that we use the portal to fill our holes ( < surprised Grammarly didn’t flag that). And many players in the portal have posted on social media that they have an offer from State. So it appears our coaches are doing their jobs. This is a long process. We just have to let it play out.
  2. At the end of the day, we will field a team and win and lose games. We are 8-8 in the SEC over the last two years in the toughest division in college football. We just beat our in-state rival at their place against key players from the portal, including a former State WR. We are bowling in Florida against a Big Ten team. Maybe not great, but the fact that our fanbase feels lukewarm about these results shows that our program has been elevated compared to our history. (Thank you, Mullen.) We’re going to play games in 2023. If we start 2-4, I’ll be right there with you in panic mode. I just refuse to worry about it until I see it on the scoreboard.
  3. NIL is what it is. I see a lot of people rage-quitting NIL contributions over this. First of all, you have every right to make that decision. I’m not trying to tell you what to do. The only logic I can find is that if fans across the country stop giving to NIL the pendulum will swing in the other direction. I do think there is a question of how sustainable NIL currently is. And if it isn’t sustainable, the pendulum will swing across the country. That being said, State fans rage-quitting NIL over players in the portal won’t impact NIL across the country. If anything, it will make it easier for players to choose other teams. I think NIL will change when fan bases like Texas A&M realize they aren’t getting their money’s worth. Personally, I give to the Bulldog Initiative. Correct me if I’m wrong, but none of these players have jumped in the portal. And if any of them do, I’m happy to keep contributing to the players that want to play at State. It seems to me that rage-quitting State-focused NIL initiatives impacts players that want to play at State more than it affects players that have already jumped in the portal. But like I said, do what you think is best. That’s all any of us can do.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
I-will-not-calm-down GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Heard from a good source who lives in Starkville Ra Ra asked for $500k.
That is 100% stupid!!

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
  1. The transfer portal is what it is. Every team has players in the portal. Most of the players in the portal are there because of playing time. Some are shopping for more NIL money. I’ve heard that the number that RaRa wanted was more than we were willing to pay. And he thinks another team will. And if the number I heard is right, I think it is more than what he is worth to us next year. And if another team wants to pay him that, so be it. DJ may be looking for a situation where he isn’t sharing snaps with Woody. We may not like it, but players seeking NIL money and snaps via the portal is the reality of college football. The important thing is that we use the portal to fill our holes ( < surprised Grammarly didn’t flag that). And many players in the portal have posted on social media that they have an offer from State. So it appears our coaches are doing their jobs. This is a long process. We just have to let it play out.
  2. At the end of the day, we will field a team and win and lose games. We are 8-8 in the SEC over the last two years in the toughest division in college football. We just beat our in-state rival at their place against key players from the portal, including a former State WR. We are bowling in Florida against a Big Ten team. Maybe not great, but the fact that our fanbase feels lukewarm about these results shows that our program has been elevated compared to our history. (Thank you, Mullen.) We’re going to play games in 2023. If we start 2-4, I’ll be right there with you in panic mode. I just refuse to worry about it until I see it on the scoreboard.
  3. NIL is what it is. I see a lot of people rage-quitting NIL contributions over this. First of all, you have every right to make that decision. I’m not trying to tell you what to do. The only logic I can find is that if fans across the country stop giving to NIL the pendulum will swing in the other direction. I do think there is a question of how sustainable NIL currently is. And if it isn’t sustainable, the pendulum will swing across the country. That being said, State fans rage-quitting NIL over players in the portal won’t impact NIL across the country. If anything, it will make it easier for players to choose other teams. I think NIL will change when fan bases like Texas A&M realize they aren’t getting their money’s worth. Personally, I give to the Bulldog Initiative. Correct me if I’m wrong, but none of these players have jumped in the portal. And if any of them do, I’m happy to keep contributing to the players that want to play at State. It seems to me that rage-quitting State-focused NIL initiatives impacts players that want to play at State more than it affects players that have already jumped in the portal. But like I said, do what you think is best. That’s all any of us can do.
GIF by Giffffr

Reactions: dickiedawg

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
I got bucked off @ "fill our holes"

BingleCocktail

May 25, 2014
TLDR

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I aint readig that  2.gif

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login