Let’s throw out some OC names. Who do you want? Anyone hearing anything?

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Littrell would be a good option. Here in North Texas, he had them really stepping up over his tenure (which is hard to do at UNT). He doesn't run the traditional Air Raid at all.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Littrell would be a good option. Here in North Texas, he had them really stepping up over his tenure (which is hard to do at UNT). He doesn't run the traditional Air Raid at all.
I thought he was kind of unjustly fired at North Texas. He was 44-44 in seven years and they played in the C-USA championship game this season.

Reactions: drumrcraig

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I thought he was kind of unjustly fired at North Texas. He was 44-44 in seven years and they played in the C-USA championship game this season.
I agree. Their current hire is lackluster in my opinion, but I don't have any feelings toward them, so whatever.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
What do you see thats so impressive there ? Nothing in Littrells coaching career jumps out at me

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Seth Littrell is another name I am hearing. Former North Texas head coach...

I like Littrell just because he's been a head coach and running back guy so we might be a little more balanced attack. Harrell was with him when they had mason fine lighting it up. Head coach experience to run that side of the ball would be nice to have.only problem is we would need a good qb coach. Won't have leach on sidelines anymore. That's why I think Harrell is also intriguing and an experienced play caller.

Reactions: DAWGSANDSAINTS

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
It would make sense to get Harrell. He could step into that coach’s room and have credibility because he knew Leach just as well as any of them. That would go a long way.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think the obvious choice is Graham Harrell. Runs the Air Raid, played and coached under Leach, plenty of OC experience at a high level. Currently at WVU and would probably be happy to jump off that sinking ship.

I dont know the ins and outs of WV football but they finished next to last in PPG and YPG in the Big 12.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Harrell has a slightly more impressive looking resume I guess. Neither scream explosive offense to me. North Texas has been high scoring but damn, who are they playing ? And I don't remember Indiana or any of the others lighting it up

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I don't think anyone in the country runs the air raid quite like Leach. His teams have led the nation in pass attempts forever, and often by a wide margin. We ran it a lot more than normal this year and still averaged 49 passes per game. So even if we hire an air raid guy, it will be interesting to see what exactly that looks like next fall.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We saved a lot of money by hiring arnett. Think we could pony up and offer Riley enough to leave tcu? Make him associate head coach. Tell him he does well on offense he could spring into an sec hc gig

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
How much is Sonny Cumbie making at la tech? Think he would leave tech after one year of head coaching to be a coordinator again but in the sec?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
They have had one of the top offenses in nccaa consistently (top 30) since he has been there and had them playing championships consistently.

Yep. 15th nationally in yards per play and 20th in yards per game. I think you combine that with the HC experience and it makes Littrell the clear top option over Harrell.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
It would make sense to get Harrell. He could step into that coach’s room and have credibility because he knew Leach just as well as any of them. That would go a long way.
Not just that, you won't need a QB coach. He is the QB coach and he's done a great job.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not just that, you won't need a QB coach. He is the QB coach and he's done a great job.
Yeah that's the thing with Harrell compared to littrell he knows the qb portion. When he was with Littrell at UNT they had Mason Fine putting up crazy numbers. Fine reminds me of Will. I like Littrell because he might be more balanced and has been more consistent with offense compared to Harrell so I'm not sure. And I like that Littrell has been a head coach which would help on that side of the ball leading it and he is not doing anything right now so might could get a decent contract out together

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Spurrier Jr.
My question is as long as he has been around why hasn't he gotten an OC job or HC with his pedigree?

too add. We are taking a huge risk with arnett already. We need a solid coordinator with years of experience on that side of the ball leading things

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
My question is as long as he has been around why hasn't he gotten an OC job or HC with his pedigree?

too add. We are taking a huge risk with arnett already. We need a solid coordinator with years of experience on that side of the ball leading things
Not a bad question, but considering our line coming back, and Rogers/Marks, we'll probably roll with that for at least a year. I wouldn't have an issue with that. He'll get to showcase some things in the bowl game.

This is assuming we don't have a great candidate come out of nowhere that's easily better.

Either way, if it doesn't work next year, we make a move. That's the great thing about having a defensive coach, we know that will always be solid and can circulate the offensive guys, of which there are many. The key for us is matching the OC with QB recruiting.

tenureplan

Dec 3, 2008
I think the obvious choice is Graham Harrell. Runs the Air Raid, played and coached under Leach, plenty of OC experience at a high level. Currently at WVU and would probably be happy to jump off that sinking ship.
Huipel

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not a bad question, but considering our line coming back, and Rogers/Marks, we'll probably roll with that for at least a year. I wouldn't have an issue with that. He'll get to showcase some things in the bowl game.

This is assuming we don't have a great candidate come out of nowhere that's easily better.

Either way, if it doesn't work next year, we make a move. That's the great thing about having a defensive coach, we know that will always be solid and can circulate the offensive guys, of which there are many. The key for us is matching the OC with QB recruiting.
True. I still like Littrell because I feel like we might be more balanced than with Harrell. We might could find another really talented former qb to coach qb position. But that means current qb coach and running back coach is out if we bring in Littrell and a qb coach.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
True. I still like Littrell because I feel like we might be more balanced than with Harrell. We might could find another really talented former qb to coach qb position. But that means current qb coach and running back coach is out if we bring in Littrell and a qb coach.
I think we ought to let Chris Parson sit in on the OC interview.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

He was AHC/QB at WKU. If you compare his resume to Littrell or Harrell it's better looking to me. But that's my opinion and he would be my choice. Not like ya can't kick him to the curb if he stinks it up. He recruited most of our offense and was recruiting coordinator at other schools. But I will wait and see what they do. I think I already know tho

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
They have had one of the top offenses in nccaa consistently (top 30) since he has been there and had them playing championships consistently.
I believe he was fired because the production was going down. After Harrell left to become the OC at USC, the QB room went down.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Yeah that's the thing with Harrell compared to littrell he knows the qb portion. When he was with Littrell at UNT they had Mason Fine putting up crazy numbers. Fine reminds me of Will. I like Littrell because he might be more balanced and has been more consistent with offense compared to Harrell so I'm not sure. And I like that Littrell has been a head coach which would help on that side of the ball leading it and he is not doing anything right now so might could get a decent contract out together
Reading this made me research it a bit.

Harrell' offense at NT, USC and WVU have been consistent, balanced. He developed Fine @ NT. He developed Slovis @ USC. Rushing attempts are 2 times as many as ours and almost the same as passing.

But when I look at Littrell after Harrell, the QBs went down hill.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Reading this made me research it a bit.

Harrell' offense at NT, USC and WVU have been consistent, balanced. He developed Fine @ NT. He developed Slovis @ USC. Rushing attempts are 2 times as many as ours and almost the same as passing.

But when I look at Littrell after Harrell, the QBs went down hill.
Yeah that's the thing Littrell would need a good qb coach but I feel like he brings a lot of experience and balance. I like Harrell a lot too

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login