Lets say we beat WMI, Arkansas, and Southern Miss before heading into the OM game...

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Who is the Selman you guys are talking about?
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Reactions: blitz2Win

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
So you want Selmon fired? I want Selmon to have a list and to have already contacted a couple to feel them out. Firing a national championship coach is a little tougher. Let's hope Lemonis gets it together this year.
Selmon will be gone in a couple years so I don’t really care enough to want him to be fired. He seems like a light weight so I’d rather take the decision out of his hands. I have no problem doing due diligence in October, but I expect there to be a real search if we move on from Arnett.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Selmon will be gone in a couple years so I don’t really care enough to want him to be fired. He seems like a light weight so I’d rather take the decision out of his hands. I have no problem doing due diligence in October, but I expect there to be a real search if we move on from Arnett.
Why will he be gone? Do you have inside information you want to share? If he can't make decisions then why did we hire him? I'm really curious where you are getting this information.

Reactions: blitz2Win

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
Well, I would agree except for the fact that we outbid Alabama for those players and they were pissed! Remember how Alabama said Simmons shouldn't play?
Yea, I heard that we stepped up and competed with OM and Bama's offer to get Simmons. But that was before it was legal, when the risk of probation and losing a multimillion dollar job had to be considered and were a huge part of the risk reward calculation. Now, without those risk factors suppressing the value, we wouldn't stand a chance in a bidding war for a player like that.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Yea, I heard that we stepped up and competed with OM and Bama's offer to get Simmons. But that was before it was legal, when the risk of probation and losing a multimillion dollar job had to be considered and were a huge part of the risk reward calculation. Now, without those risk factors suppressing the value, we wouldn't stand a chance in a bidding war for a player like that.
Actually, the coaches were not involved so their jobs were safe. The booster network was doing the bidding. I don't think much has changed other than the fans are now allowed to participate in collectives. Open bidding will raise the stakes. On that we are agreed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login