Loaded Potato Skins

PK Dawg

Jul 17, 2022
On a hunt for the best restaurant made loaded potato skins on earth. Pics encouraged! Please no recipes.

Reactions: dorndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Don't really see the tater skin on many menus anymore. It's a shame too because it's not really something you see made at home much.

Here's my personal appetizer Mount Rushmore:

1) Spinach & artichoke dip
2) Mozzarella sticks
3) Queso dip
4) Nachos (strong preference here for individual, not piled)

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
On a hunt for the best restaurant made loaded potato skins on earth. Pics encouraged! Please no recipes.
One of my favorite foods, and I feel like I haven’t even had good ones. I’m here for recs. My journey was TGI Fridays restaurant > Harry Ts > TGI Fridays microwaveable > none that I can remember in the last ten years

Reactions: dorndawg

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
Any of the Harvey’s restaurants will cook them for you if you ask your server; they’re just not listed on the menu but I don’t know why. They are quite good. I’ve had them lots of times.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
When i worked at Flo and Eddie’s, we had some damn good ones.
The cocaine was the best thing on the menu there. Met my first real girlfriend there. She would later work there. She told me that the kitchen manager hated her. Nope, she was fired because she pulled a chef's knife on somebody else and chased them through the kitchen.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I can't help, I've never had one. They always looked like somebody sliced off 4 flat sides of a tater and overcooked the heLL out of 'em and tried to make 'em edible by piling wet condiments on top

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Here you fools go again... You can't even call them potato skins if they ordered south of the Snake River plains. I mean do you people even have a Potato Commission? If not, you can ogle at the majesty of ours...

https://idahopotato.com/

You want the best... Hold onto your jock strap boys. Just think about it... My local mexican joint does potato skin nachos. Slap your abuelita and tell her to get back in the 17ing kitchen and make you some of these:

013-700x500.jpg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Here you fools go again... You can't even call them potato skins if they ordered south of the Snake River plains. I mean do you people even have a Potato Commission? If not, you can ogle at the majesty of ours...

You want the best... Hold onto your jock strap boys. Just think about it... My local mexican joint does potato skin nachos. Slap your abuelita and tell her to get back in the 17ing kitchen and make you some of these:

View attachment 326877
Not as good as Buccee’s potato skins***

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Not as good as Buccee’s potato skins***
Heart Attack Fred Sanford GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
One of my favorite foods, and I feel like I haven’t even had good ones. I’m here for recs. My journey was TGI Fridays restaurant > Harry Ts > TGI Fridays microwaveable > none that I can remember in the last ten years
You really need to cross that state line more often... The hotels serve potato skins in lieu of Ottis Spunkmeyer Cookies at reception in Idaho.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
It’s a day’s drive, but here you go.

Attachments

• 290C8DF6-F42F-4F1D-B5E1-A777270157EE.jpeg
    290C8DF6-F42F-4F1D-B5E1-A777270157EE.jpeg
    806.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Haha

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Well being that I’ve never been to Idaho I can’t really name a place with good tater skins from there.
Then you haven't had any good ones now have you...

***We must all remember, you can't have a great version of any food if you don't go to exactly where it originates from. SPS tells us this in every food thread.... Or maybe there are a bunch of knuckle dragging dimwits on the board, not sure.***

MeridianDog

Sep 3, 2008
First Mcallister's Deli Loaded Baked Potato I had, I thought there really was a heaven on earth. Still like them a lot. Probably too much potato for the skins fans

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Twice baked potatoes, done right, are amazing as well. It's truly one versatile tuber.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Then you haven't had any good ones now have you...

***We must all remember, you can't have a great version of any food if you don't go to exactly where it originates from. SPS tells us this in every food thread.... Or maybe there are a bunch of knuckle dragging dimwits on the board, not sure.***
This is so true.
Every 2 weeks there is a post about a Mexican restaurant on Nextdoor. Inevitably someone posts “I’m from Texas so I know what real Tex Mex is….” I just started looking at Mexican reviews out of curiosity and sure enough within 10 reviews someone says this.
Mexican Americans are in every corner of the country with access to beef, chicken, pork, masa, flour, corn, cheese, peppers, and spices. Is there a force field that does not allow true Tex Mex recipes to escape the state?

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
What do they do with the baked tater they scoop out to make tater skins? Maybe make tater salad? That's gonna give you the smooth kind, which can be ok. But really I think most of us want more of a diced potato salad.

Nov 6, 2015

View attachment 326877
Only thing that pile is missing is a cup of dales for dippin

Reactions: PooPopsBaldHead
Nov 6, 2015
I saw them in Memphis is either 86 or 87 at the msc. This was post make up. May have been the animalize tour. I still have the concert shirt, albeit two or three sizes smaller than I wear now. Those days are still kinda blurry for me.
I’m sure I left many billions of brain cells at KISS concerts over the years. Once in Mempho, there was a terrible ice storm and the pyrotechnics truck for KISS wrecked. They could have cancelled, but them animals played without their bombs and fire. Played close to 3 hours

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I’m sure I left many billions of brain cells at KISS concerts over the years. Once in Mempho, there was a terrible ice storm and the pyrotechnics truck for KISS wrecked. They could have cancelled, but them animals played without their bombs and fire. Played close to 3 hours
But, what about the tater skins?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login