Lol

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
His 4th and 5th walk of the season.

Say what you will but the Dude Effect is positively nerve racking

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
They potentially burned their two best bullpen guys for the rest of the series and we won anyway. Could be huge for the next two games.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I am not a baseball guy but that was some bad coaching decisions in the 9th. You have a your bad *** closer and you walk the bases loaded in Starkville.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I somewhat agree on walking the bases loaded in that situation in that it brings the force play to home plate and the DP to end it or at least get out of it tied into play.
Didn’t quite work out that way tho!

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I somewhat agree on walking the bases loaded in that situation in that it brings the force play to home plate and the DP to end it or at least get out of it tied into play.
Didn’t quite work out that way tho!

Yeah, pretty much every manager is going to load the bases there. The runner on first means nothing in a 1 run game. Walking brings the double play as a possibility plus force at any base. I think the fact that you have a closer you trust makes it an easier decision to walk the bases loaded.

Last edited:

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
Don’t think Auburn had a great option either way. James strikes outs a fair amount, but he is good at getting the SAC fly when needed. Hancock hits grounders pretty often, but he probably has the best BB/K ratio in the league. I guess the 3rd option would have been pitch to James but only give him breaking stuff way outside the zone, to see if you can get a cheap K.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
The booted double play ball is what ultimately did them in if we are being honest. Instead of clearing the bases and only needing one more out, that error put a ton of pressure on their closer. And it seemed like the environment got to him a little bit. The bottom of the 9th at Dudy Noble can be really uncomfortable for opposing teams in a close game.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
There are a number of reasons to dislike Alabama. Auburn is unlikable to so many SEC fans simply because it's Auburn. There's no reason to like Auburn unless you go there. Opelika is a cool place, though.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
And pitched their Friday night guy while we pitched our number….don’t really know. He’s somewhere behind Beef and Smith

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login