Look who's on the sideline

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Just where I would expect to see him. He is there because of how the vocal minority treated him.
I was at the LSU game, and I saw how the majority of students booed him. They were pretty vocal about it, and it was the majority of them not the minority.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Asked to become the heir apparent quarterback of a school playing in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. But I suck though. Haters are gonna always hate, especially a lot of State fans. Enjoy your season next year, maybe you’ll make it to the First Responders Bowl. Maybe. Probably not though. Woody and I wish y’all the best.
If you would post a picture from the sideline I believe a few posters heads would explode.

• Haha
Reactions: jethreauxdawg

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Asked to become the heir apparent quarterback of a school playing in the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game. But I suck though. Haters are gonna always hate, especially a lot of State fans. Enjoy your season next year, maybe you’ll make it to the First Responders Bowl. Maybe. Probably not though. Woody and I wish y’all the best.
1704762345798.png

theoriginalSALTYdog

Jul 10, 2021
Personally, I don't think we lost a good QB for the offense State is going to run. I don't think Washington fans are going to be happy with him either.

Yeah, I just don't see it either. The way they stretch the field is going to be a problem for him. Hell, I remember the number of long TD passes he completed on one hand and he was a 4 year starter.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
He’s getting paid north of $1M. He’s going to start.
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Personally, I don't think we lost a good QB for the offense State is going to run. I don't think Washington fans are going to be happy with him either.
Well you also recently stated that a lineman could retire after 10 years of making $100k, so not sure that your thoughts on things are always correct…..

But in this instance, I believe you’re right and he’s not a good fit for our new offense. With that said, did the new staff even want him? So, did you expect him to never play again? Mississippi state coaches made the decision to let both DJ and Will walk. So why be so pissed at the players about it.

bulldoghair

Jul 9, 2013
Herbstreir Just gave three qualities that Penix has that Will doesn’t. Gets the ball out quick, reads defenses pre-snap, and the ability to evade the pass rush.
Ever heard of a coach adjusting his scheme to what his personal does best? Mullen was great at this. No one is going to Michael Penix #2, but if their coach and OC wanted him and asked him to come start for them, don’t you think they know what they are getting? I would think they’ve done their research before doing something this significant for sure.

3215Dawg

Dec 29, 2023
Ever heard of a coach adjusting his scheme to what his personal does best? Mullen was great at this. No one is going to Michael Penix #2, but if their coach and OC wanted him and asked him to come start for them, don’t you think they know what they are getting? I would think they’ve done their research before doing something this significant for sure.
He couldn’t do that with Leach. Literally Wills offense. I have seen Penix make many plays with his legs the last couple of weeks that Will can’t. And nobody can honestly say he can

3215Dawg

Dec 29, 2023
Damn y’all are a tough crowd. I’m happy for the kid. He knows he wasn’t going to fit in this offense. He took **** from our fans (in the NIL era, guys should get used to It). He gets to go do something different.
good luck to him
The fact that he was the only QB that could not put up numbers against LSU deserves criticism.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
He couldn’t do that with Leach. Literally Wills offense. I have seen Penix make many plays with his legs the last couple of weeks that Will can’t. And nobody can honestly say he can
Penix had -18 rushing yards on the season. He is not a runner. He did have one nice run against Texas but he is running as a last resort.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login