Looks like script State is here to stay…..

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I could see script state being that athletic dept. logo, Interlocking being football, mos baseball, block Mississippi State basketball. With script in the uni rotation. I'd buy all of it too. We've got to improve our offerings and get that educational logo the hell up out of here! Adidas is a cluster 17.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
…..at least for football and basketball. All social media platforms have it as the logo now.

I don’t get why we are making this move. Baseball kept M over S. Why can’t football helmets have the interlock? Basketball can do whatever, but the banner M-State should still be the staple (50 yard line, mid-court, etc.).
M-S-U ain't coming back. Enjoy the throwbacks, but y'all need to let it go as a permanent logo.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not from a merch standpoint and our merch sales are bad. The whole "one logo" Templeton BS was a terrible idea. Especially when baseball didn't comply.
I don't disagree about merch, but I don't like that script as the official athletics logo. Helmet, fine. Baseball jersey, fine. Even a basketball jersey here and there. In other words, make it secondary. Lots of schools do this.

Nothing wrong with block banner MState remaining the main focal logo of everything. Matter of fact, it's the right way. Think of your most recognizable brands - LSU for example. Bama. Georgia. Auburn. Clemson. Texas. Texas A&M. Tennessee. We can learn from that. Even Oregon, who literally changed their uniform by game, has the staple 'O' logo.

Last edited:
Reactions: patdog

was21

May 29, 2007
…..at least for football and basketball. All social media platforms have it as the logo now.

I don’t get why we are making this move. Baseball kept M over S. Why can’t football helmets have the interlock? Basketball can do whatever, but the banner M-State should still be the staple (50 yard line, mid-court, etc.).
Probably because Polk doesn't want it. He ain't exactly a football fan. It does matter what he thinks.
Is it just me or do I remember most people loving the script State when it first was announced? And now it seems most don’t like it. This board is seriously bipolar.
This board is probably an outlier in the grand scheme of things.

Big Sheep81

Feb 24, 2008
I think we can all agree that no one can agree on what they like for a logo. It’s like asking what’s your favorite BBQ restaurant or what’s the best pickup truck.

I think we can all agree that no one can agree on what they like for a logo. It’s like asking what’s your favorite BBQ restaurant or what’s the best pickup truck.
Hog Heaven, Hwy 11 in Pendorf, MS and TOYOTA no contest

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Or Mich. State, or Missouri State, or Montana State, or Minnesota State, or any other "State" schools.
Side point, but it's difficult to brand a 'state' school, so it's more important for us to be recognizable. MState accomplishes this more than anything else we've ever had. LSU is lucky in that they are top dog in Louisiana and the only L out there. Even Florida State struggles, they are known basically only for football success.

Reactions: patdog

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Are you talking about this one?

This is from the 1990's re-brand era. Egads.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login