Looks like someone is getting Blind Sided

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Having lived all over the country, every time since that movie came out that I would mention being from Mississippi someone would say oh Ole Miss, like the Blind Side. I would then rant about the farce that it was and is. I have never felt more vindicated than today.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Wait, someone from the Univ of Northern MS lying to a recruit so that it will enrich their life and school? Are you sure, that can't be the truth?**
High Quality Im Shocked GIF

jb1020

Jun 7, 2009
We're all laughing, rightfully so, but this is really truly sad for Oher. I have an adopted child. I could not imagine being an adopted child like him and then learning they pretty much screwed him just for money.

They obviously brought him into their home and provided and helped raised him, but not adopting and going the route of conservatorship is truly sick by the Tuohy's. Sad, sick people.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We're all laughing, rightfully so, but this is really truly sad for Oher. I have an adopted child. I could not imagine being an adopted child like him and then learning they pretty much screwed him just for money.

They obviously brought him into their home and provided and helped raised him, but not adopting and going the route of conservatorship is truly sick by the Tuohy's. Sad, sick people.
I just thought of something... Does this mean that Sandra Bullock has to give her Oscar back?

sandra bullock dont lie GIF

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Doubt they'll ever be able to prove he was 'tricked'. I highly doubt that. I'd be surprised if he wasn't legally adopted.

Looks like where they messed up was not paying him the money due him for the movie. And I don't know if he can legally get mad about that, but if they actually did pay the other kids and not him, whew.....that's a bad look.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I'd be surprised if he wasn't legally adopted.
From the ESPN article:

The 14-page petition, filed in Shelby County, Tennessee, probate court, alleges that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy, who took Oher into their home as a high school student, never adopted him. Instead, less than three months after Oher turned 18 in 2004, the petition says, the couple tricked him into signing a document making them his conservators, which gave them legal authority to make business deals in his name.

Reactions: Dawgg

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
I always told friends to watch the movie and replace Ole Miss with their team's biggest rival. If the Tuohys were Auburn boosters, Finebaum and the Bama fanbase would have killed the movie before it got greenlit.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
From the ESPN article:

The 14-page petition, filed in Shelby County, Tennessee, probate court, alleges that Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy, who took Oher into their home as a high school student, never adopted him. Instead, less than three months after Oher turned 18 in 2004, the petition says, the couple tricked him into signing a document making them his conservators, which gave them legal authority to make business deals in his name.
That's Oher's lawsuit (or whatever this is), not official records. Again, I can't imagine they didn't finalized the legal adoption. They couldn't have carried out all of these deals without doing that, unless they falsified documents, and that's getting a little far-fetched. But.....maybe?

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
That's Oher's lawsuit (or whatever this is), not official records. Again, I can't imagine they didn't finalized the legal adoption. They couldn't have carried out all of these deals without doing that, unless they falsified documents, and that's getting a little far-fetched. But.....maybe?
Never underestimate the scumminess of Rebel boosters.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
Well, if you're right, that will be easy to prove.

And as far as how they did what they did without adopting him, that is what the conservatorship was for.

They never wanted to adopt him. They wanted to exploit him.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
1) I get the feeling that all of Oher's earnings are just sitting in a regular bank account, not even earning interest.

2) to bend all the way backwards in giving the benefit of the doubt, it may be that officially adopting someone over 18 is practically impossible. The typical process involves a youth court and the AG. For an adult, they may just not care and ignore any petition they receive. There may be some other avenue to getting it in front of a judge, or there may not. Or maybe that just takes time, and they needed legal authorization in his name quickly to make money off him.

sandwolf.sixpack

Feb 19, 2013
I'm no lawyer, but the article made it sound like the conservatorship enabled them to make the deals.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I tried telling the people I ran with then that it had to be BS if Ole Miss was involved with a giant football player who just happened to become an all-star player. They looked at me and said I was speculating because it was Ole Miss, and they loved the movie and Sandra Bullock's performance. I don't see much of those folks anymore, but I wonder what they feel now that it's been proven to be BS.

They didn't say anything about it being a white knight story either.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login