Looks like someone is getting Blind Sided

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
If true this is some of the worst of humanity. To take advantage of an underprivileged kid with unbelievable talent as a well off family is just disgusting.

Reactions: Dawgg

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
My OM friends ate this movie up. They couldn’t believe I wouldn’t watch it and couldn’t get into such a feel good movie. They also swallowed Hugh Freeze religious cover. What a gullible bunch of folks. Ha
As far as they are concerned, Bullock's Oscar belongs in the Manning Center. They loved what that movie did for the Ole Miss brand. That is all being undone right now.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
I believe the word is "vacated". ;)
Donald Trump Lol GIF by Election 2020

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005
" impressed with Oher's inner drive and focus, introduced him to the principal of a private Christian school in a prosperous Memphis neighborhood."

My favorite line. This part of the article sounds as fictional as the movie. Inner drive and focus? Size and speed more likely.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That's Oher's lawsuit (or whatever this is), not official records. Again, I can't imagine they didn't finalized the legal adoption. They couldn't have carried out all of these deals without doing that, unless they falsified documents, and that's getting a little far-fetched. But.....maybe?
Thanks for the commentary, Sean. The Grizzlies local broadcasts have missed your particular brand of huckster wit.***

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
My OM friends ate this movie up. They couldn’t believe I wouldn’t watch it and couldn’t get into such a feel good movie. They also swallowed Hugh Freeze religious cover. What a gullible bunch of folks. Ha
They helped create that religious illusion around Freeze. They did it long before with Cut. I don't think there was an article in MS written during Cut's tenure that didn't include the phrase "fine Christian man." The only thing they were missing was a touchdown Jesus in the endzone.

The only reason they aren't doing it now is because nobody would buy that Lane is a holy roller.

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
Has anyone checked on Guy Odom, the former pastor of First Baptist Canton?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
They helped create that religious illusion around Freeze. They did it long before with Cut. I don't think there was an article in MS written during Cut's tenure that didn't include the phrase "fine Christian man." The only thing they were missing was a touchdown Jesus in the endzone.

The only reason they aren't doing it now is because nobody would buy that Lane is a holy roller.
I kept waiting for Spirit Ben to break the story that Mohamed Sanogo had accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008

Kiffin is 48 and if his new girlfriend graduated Ole Miss in 2019 that would make her about 25? Holy moly. 7 years older than his oldest daughter.

HomeBoyDawg

Oct 22, 2013
Has anyone checked on Guy Odom, the former pastor of First Baptist Canton?
Is that the Ole Miss loving pastor that used to comment all the time on the MSU Clarion Ledger sports Blog? That guy had issues. Seriously. Had to be bipolar or something like that.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
" impressed with Oher's inner drive and focus, introduced him to the principal of a private Christian school in a prosperous Memphis neighborhood."

My favorite line. This part of the article sounds as fictional as the movie. Inner drive and focus? Size and speed more likely.

Exactly. They didn't "adopt" a 3rd chair piccoloist.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022

lol this guy took the scene with Sandra Bullock teaching Michael Oher how to play football too seriously.

This is from when the movie came out:

Screen Shot 2023-08-14 at 4.01.08 PM.png

He was already at Briarcrest. He was already a football player. He was always going to get scholarship offers. To say he owes the people who exploited him for his football career is wild.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
He was already at Briarcrest. He was already a football player. He was always going to get scholarship offers. To say he owes the people who exploited him for his football career is wild.

People who reach out to help a future 1st rounder find his "way" to their alma mater. Saints I tell you, modern day saints.

Keep on luvin him, Christ like.

Reactions: 17itdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Kiffin is 48 and if his new girlfriend graduated Ole Miss in 2019 that would make her about 25? Holy moly. 7 years older than his oldest daughter.

Not that there's anything wrong w/ that, sounds like good work if you can get it, and do the job. I'm quite sure Helen agrees

Reactions: 17itdawg

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

They helped propagate the religious illusion, but to be clear, Hugh Freeze has been wearing his holiness on his sleeve for all to see and admire since his NWCC days.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
To summarize Tuohy says they didn’t take any money other than the book and it was split amongst the family evenly. Says he’s wealthy and doesn’t need money from movie deals. Also states the only way Oher could play for Ole Miss and get the NCAA off their back was to sign the conservatorship. Says they would do whatever Oher wanted if he asked them instead of going to court.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
To summarize Tuohy says they didn’t take any money other than the book and it was split amongst the family evenly. Says he’s wealthy and doesn’t need money from movie deals. Also states the only way Oher could play for Ole Miss and get the NCAA off their back was to sign the conservatorship. Says they would do whatever Oher wanted if he asked them instead of going to court.
I don't believe him without evidence, and hopefully, the truth comes out in court, but even if you believe all that:
  • He's wealthy enough to not need a movie deal, but he does need a book deal?
  • Split amongst the family? Why not give 100% to Oher? If this is all about altruism AND you are wealthy enough to not need the money, never accept a penny.

Reactions: drumrcraig

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
I don't believe him without evidence, and hopefully, the truth comes out in court, but even if you believe all that:
  • He's wealthy enough to not need a movie deal, but he does need a book deal?
  • Split amongst the family? Why not give 100% to Oher? If this is all about altruism AND you are wealthy enough to not need the money, never accept a penny.
I agree totally on the book front. In the article he states each family member including Oher got $14k a piece.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
The Tuohys negotiated a deal with 20th Century Fox that left Oher without any payment for the rights to his name, likeness and life story while the Tuohy family received a contract price of $225,000 in addition to 2.5% of the film's net proceeds, the petition states.

2.5% of $175M is $4.375M. Ok give him $4.375M and 2.5% of any future money made on the movie. Conflict resolved.

For those that are keeping record, that is a few more beans than $14K.

Last edited:

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
The Tuohys negotiated a deal with 20th Century Fox that left Oher without any payment for the rights to his name, likeness and life story while the Tuohy family received a contract price of $225,000 in addition to 2.5% of the film's net proceeds, the petition states.

2.5% of $175M is $4.375M. Ok give him $4.375M and rights to any more money made on the movie. Conflict resolved.
Exactly. Saying they would do whatever Oher wanted if he asked them instead of going to court is laughable. If that were true, they wouldn't be going to court.

Reactions: WilCoDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login