Matt Wyatt.. "Run tell em all I said it".

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Nope. It won 9
Was it ? Some games it was. Good enough to win 9 games tho. I guess you don't like winning ? I guess you think our defense won games ? They were better cause they weren't on the field 3/4 of the game but the truth is Arnett never had a good defense. Its ok if you didn't like the AR. But don't be mad cause your chosen offense sucked and could barely beat Western Michigan
So first, our offense was terrible this year. I’m glad it’s over. It was bad last year too. Did you guys watch the egg bowl?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Somebody with a lot of money influence really hated the air raid. That's all I can figure.
I had a feeling that this was the case. Some people why have a lot of influence it seems, did not like CML and have still not admitted it. He was his own boss and some one never could accept that.

It was sort of funny that I found myself agreeing with the things that he said. We were the same age and I know what it’s like professionally to constantly have to deal with the same good old boy circle.

It seems that they got to run things finally and did a marvelous job.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
Yep! Watched it and it was the egg bowl. I watched at Davis Wade where Ole miss QB was crossing the TD Line and fumbled it for the win.

It's the friggin Egg Bowl! That happens most times.
We turn it over 3 times and win a lot? Again, I think you’re confused thinking i am sticking up for Barbay or even Arnett. I’m not. We’re horrible and I’m glad we are moving on. But to act like our offense was the reason we won games last year is dumb. But you keep on dancin’ MC Hammer.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I had a feeling that this was the case. Some people why have a lot of influence it seems, did not like CML and have still not admitted it. He was his own boss and some one never could accept that.

It was sort of funny that I found myself agreeing with the things that he said. We were the same age and I know what it’s like professionally to constantly have to deal with the same good old boy circle.

It seems that they got to run things finally and did a marvelous job.
That’s exactly what happened, they jumped at the chance to fire Leachs staff and do things their way. Well we see the results of doing things their way, and they are a collection of idiots.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
24 points. 7 short of our average. And we won and it would have been 31 with a handoff to Dylan. I know, on 3rd downs with over 6 yards to go for a first when the ball was on the left hash inside our own 50 after the temperature dropped below 65 and with the wind to our backs we just sucked and crapped the bed.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
LOL! Just ignorance. You are blinded by your love for C34. Yes, Everybody from Paul to Rosey to Matt Wyatt is telling you you are wrong.
Idiot, C34 was the main one floating that rumor, don't be a simp. I'm not saying with Cohen's connections that rumor was well crafted and put into play, but I am telling you Will would never see the field in a Freeze offense

• Sad
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
That’s exactly what happened, they jumped at the chance to fire Leachs staff and do things their way. Well we see the results of doing things their way, and they are a collection of idiots.
Sorry, They are still in control of everything.

Reactions: Fang1

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
You cannot say it was terrible. It was designed to use clock and succeeded in that. That was classic Leach. Won 9 without a great roster. His method had survived 20-plus years of testing.
And was very good with Minshew just a few years ago and would have been very good again with Locke and Parson. just as it was with Graham Harrell and several others.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
You cannot say it was terrible. It was designed to use clock and succeeded in that. That was classic Leach. Won 9 without a great roster. His method had survived 20-plus years of testing.
I don’t really care about this argument but ball control is not a winning way in 2023. You need chunk plays. Not to mention we were bottom half of the league in TOP last year. So let’s not hire someone that utters the words “ball control”

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
No the offense has not out performed the defense. We have scored 1 offensive TD in 4 games! And we can say it was due to playing Bama or UGA. These are teams we beat.
We went into our bye week like 45th nationally in scoring O and 98th in scoring D.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
The issue here is that it's not C34 stating it. It's Matt Wyatt and the people that cover MSU sports.
Your stance is exactly what C34 put out there. In fact, he worked hard to undermine the confidence in Leach.

Who worked hard to do what now?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
More.

"I know for a fact Rogers turned down a lot to stay here. Turned down offers. One was right here is the SEC on the plains."

The "Rogers sucks" crowd is so misguided.
I can't imagine him running freezes offense either. Doesn't fit the mold

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Well any Head Coach who is legit is going to tell them to stay away from the program just as Leach did, if you notice he got rid of Peterson right away.
I really hope you’re right. We need a coach who will be in charge of everything and everyone knows it. I follow the NFL more than college football so I don't have any candidates to put forward. I would just caution you about gimmick coaches because when everyone else figures out how to beat you and it's not pretty. We need to overhaul our program. Build a progam that players and parents want to be in.

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
I really hope you’re right. We need a coach who will be in charge of everything and everyone knows it. I follow the NFL more than college football so I don't have any candidates to put forward. I would just caution you about gimmick coaches because when everyone else figures out how to beat you and it's not pretty. We need to overhaul our program. Build a progam that players and parents want to be in.
Agree, it in today’s game you have to throw the ball. it’s not 20 years ago, you can’t find some diamonds in the rough and out physical the sec. Need a system that leverages talent. I would stay away from unproven coordinators. I think to get someone with a good system and experience you are going to have to open the checkbook. leach was ideal, but not many guys who enjoy coaching at outposts.

Nugdawg

Mar 3, 2008
The best offensive performance we had was against South Carolina and that was not a Barbay offense. That was almost the AR. I liked that game we just came up short. We had more running than under Leach and the passing was a little more downfield. I thought it was very effective but we were not able to duplicate it for some reason. Either way the season was bad and that's why this coach was fired during the season and the majority of this staff will be fired after the EB
In a day of posts..this is post of the day.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
If you listen to Matt, he'd defend Will no matter what. The crush Matt has on Will is cringy. Freeze/barn didn't extend him a huge offer, that's just lunacy, no matter who you heard it from.

I'm not saying that rumor wasn't crafted and floated, I'm just saying there was no chance of it actually happening.
Wait, you’re more connected than Matt Wyatt?

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
The best offensive performance we had was against South Carolina and that was not a Barbay offense. That was almost the AR. I liked that game we just came up short. We had more running than under Leach and the passing was a little more downfield. I thought it was very effective but we were not able to duplicate it for some reason. Either way the season was bad and that's why this coach was fired during the season and the majority of this staff will be fired after the EB
Because our O-line sucks and Will can't avoid a rush and Wright can't throw it.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
24 points. 7 short of our average. And we won and it would have been 31 with a handoff to Dylan. I know, on 3rd downs with over 6 yards to go for a first when the ball was on the left hash inside our own 50 after the temperature dropped below 65 and with the wind to our backs we just sucked and crapped the bed.
And would have won more if the defense didn't allow a 99 yard drive.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Idiot, C34 was the main one floating that rumor, don't be a simp. I'm not saying with Cohen's connections that rumor was well crafted and put into play, but I am telling you Will would never see the field in a Freeze offense
And I'm telling you that you are wrong. And Paul and Rosey and Wyatt are telling you that you are wrong.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
And I'm telling you that you are wrong. And Paul and Rosey and Wyatt are telling you that you are wrong.
I'm not saying they weren't told that - that rumor was out there, but I'm 100% for sure telling you that Will would have have seen the field for Freeze. Matt Wyatt is the one person I think would never lie.

• Sad

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
I'm not saying they weren't told that - that rumor was out there, but I'm 100% for sure telling you that Will would have have seen the field for Freeze. Matt Wyatt is the one person I think would never lie.
No you are saying they believed a rumor and that's not true.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Bingo! They heard it, maybe even from Cohen and believed it. It may have played into other NIL deals. Fact of the matter Will wasn't going to play QB in a Freeze offense.
No, not bingo. The money was offered and that was for him to play QB at Auburn, not sit on the bench at Auburn.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
No, not bingo. The money was offered and that was for him to play QB at Auburn, not sit on the bench at Auburn.
Ok, you saw the money? Matt or Rosie saw the money?

Didn't think so.

I do have a lot of stuff I'd like to sell you though, starting with some ocean front property in TN.

Son don't be a simp. You think Freeze watched the tape of a of very slow QB with a weak arm (although very smart and a good pre-snap decision maker) and thought that's what i want to run my fast paced RPO that takes a bunch of downfield shots?

Last edited:
Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
You mean doesn't fit the narrative of some. Freeze isn't offering him $$$$$ to sit on the bench.
I just disagree and I believe that was a rumor stsrted to cause issues.

I couldn't imagine a worse fit for freezes offense.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
We have never been 45th in scoring O this season.

We are currently 119th on scoring Offense and 97th in scoring D.
BS. We went into our bye averaging over 30 points per game. That’s against 3 ranked teams in the latest AP Poll, BTW.

If Mike Wright and Parson can’t run this offense, they damn sure couldn’t run the air raid.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Nugdawg

Mar 3, 2008
Bingo! They heard it, maybe even from Cohen and believed it. It may have played into other NIL deals. Fact of the matter Will wasn't going to play QB in a Freeze offense.
You can keep saying this but that doesn’t make it any more true! You have no clue what you’re talking about.

Reactions: Ibdancin

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Ok, you saw the money? Matt or Rosie saw the money?

Didn't think so.

I do have a lot of stuff I'd like to sell you though, starting with some ocean front property in TN.

Son don't be a simp. You think Freeze watched the tape of a of very slow QB with a weak arm (although very smart and a good pre-snap decision maker) and thought that's what i want to run my fast paced RPO that takes a bunch of downfield shots?

It was not a rumor. Bless the hearts of your very few.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We’ve got multiple people in this thread saying Matt is flat wrong about something he said concerning players/staff. Please tell us how you know so. What makes you more of an authority on what coaches/players were saying than Matt? Did you talk to the coaches/players personally and they told you different? Which coaches/players did you talk to?

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login