Maybe someone who was there can tell us the sequence of events ….

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
that led to Forbes getting his jaw jacked during that last play rasslin match

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I’m guessing he’s one that dumped the Gatorade jug on Arnette, and Arnette got a hold of him.**

Seriously though….. Did y’all see the look on his face after they doused him?
He was beyond incensed about something.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
I'm pretty sure that Forbes got punched in the jaw. Maybe someone who was there can recap.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He was pissed about the fight. When he was walking to do the handshake one of the State players was out there in the middle and he looks over at him and told him to “get the 17 back over there.” He was pissed.
I like it. Not gonna have that street **** on his team

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
It’s on espn’s app. I can’t even get it to full screen, so probably can’t get it to here either.
I found it on thier webpage. He is probably mad because they dunked him while he was trying to stop the fight.

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Was he the one that too the cheap shot blindside? That probably started the fight
I think this may be what happened. On the last play, I noticed Forbes attempted to make a play on the last "lateral" (the short hop that Devito actually threw forward that was scooped by Banks). So Forbes was outside the numbers on the Illinois side when the play went the other way. He was nowhere near the scoop and haul a s s. If he got blind sided it was the cheapest of cheap a s s nonsense. I'm confident Bielema coached it.

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020

Watch near midfield logo running from right about 17 seconds into the play. Forbes gets blindsided with a cheap shot.

Reactions: Dawgg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Both players were a mile from the play and Forbes was just runnin' to celebrate the TD that was just 1.5 Seconds Away at most. Cheap Shot and the IL Player knew exactly what was going on and what time it was on that final play of the season for both teams.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I hope Forbes got deserved retaliation for such a cheap shot. Sometimes you just gotta say 17 the rules and 17 sportsmanship. Besides, the game was over.
...or get up and do nothing because your ream won, a player from the other team is acting like a child, and you aren't actually hurt.

Let me know the last time retaliation succeeded on the field.

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
...or get up and do nothing because your ream won, a player from the other team is acting like a child, and you aren't actually hurt.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022

Didn't matter in this instance. Sometimes you gotta stand up and let the other 17er know what's up. He prolly upped his NFL draft, they don't want pu$$ies. Or did Forbes get lot's of PF's in his career at STATE?

Last edited:
Reactions: msdawg90

HubDog

Jun 18, 2021
What # was the ILL player who cheap shotted Forbes? I can't tell in the video

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Absolute cheap shot by the Illinois player and then the dubmasses wanted to start a bench clearing brawl…

Shameful!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login