MBB Florida Game Thread (Must Win?)

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
It would be nice if Florida would miss every once in a while. This is gonna get ugly quick

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Must win? Nah. Baseball is right around the corner, and it looks like the basketball team is looking forward to it too.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I was saying, I should go back to the football game, but Philadelphia is making this look ugly too.

I really can't stand Philadelphia. I've had a grudge for a long time.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
MSU -2
O/u 129
MSU ML -140
T&L talked some earlier this week about how this team has bought itself some margin for error with its strong non-con record, but I don’t get the sense that we’re even remotely close to an NCAA bid at this point. In my opinion, a loss tonight effectively ends any NCAA chances, and we’d have a uphill battle just to get to the NIT.

Reactions: Spidey.sixpack

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
T&L talked some earlier this week about how this team has bought itself some margin for error with its strong non-con record, but I don’t get the sense that we’re even remotely close to an NCAA bid at this point. In my opinion, a loss tonight effectively ends any NCAA chances, and we’d have a uphill battle just to get to the NIT.
I agree. I think the margin of error was Auburn and Georgia. Losing tonight ends it unless we beat Bama and TCU or win the SECT.

Reactions: Spidey.sixpack

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Need to look for something else on offense and have Smith around to just put up offensive rebounds. Anyone who misses the entire goal that often does not need to be your main offensive threat.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I’m not sure what needs to change, but this roster needs a lot of work, and I don’t see a whole lot in the ‘23 class that’s gonna be the infusion of talent that this team needs. Jans has a lot of work in front of him

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
15 minutes in and 4 starters have yet to score. How the hell have we gotten this pathetic? This is WORSE than Howland.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
T&L talked some earlier this week about how this team has bought itself some margin for error with its strong non-con record, but I don’t get the sense that we’re even remotely close to an NCAA bid at this point. In my opinion, a loss tonight effectively ends any NCAA chances, and we’d have an uphill battle just to get to the NIT.
I mean there’s still a lot of games left but at this point we’re not even on the bubble.
Our NET is just a handful of spots better than last year’s team finished.
If this game doesn’t turn around quick the fans are going to check out for good.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
I’m not sure what needs to change, but this roster needs a lot of work, and I don’t see a whole lot in the ‘23 class that’s gonna be the infusion of talent that this team needs. Jans has a lot of work in front of him

Jans isn't going to get any offense in town unless he schedules a high scoring opponent

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I didn't know goaltending was legal now.

I don't have any more ideas with the team we have right now. I really hope we can recruit better shooters. This is awful.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
We ain't no good outside of effort. I hope Jans can recruit.
That’s a better situation than we were in. Howlands teams had equally as bad scorers plus the lax defense.
Until we can recruit HS kids putting up 30 ppg, nothing will change. No true scorers.

Reactions: preacher_dawg

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I didn't know goaltending was legal now.

I don't have any more ideas with the team we have right now. I really hope we can recruit better shooters. This is awful.
I don’t even know what to say anymore. When the shots aren’t falling which is every night for us, I’d normally say to take it to the rim and try to draw contact, but we can’t hit FTs either so I give up. This has to be the worst offensive basketball team I’ve ever seen at State.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
0 for our last 26 from 3. I would bet if we gave every poster on this board 26 three point shots, we could all make at least 1.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Does anyone have access to our +/- with Tolu on the floor vs McNair? I don’t see it on KenPom.

Seems like they’d be close since Christmas or so.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Who are these people who are scoring? I flip back over against my better judgment and see that we've scored some points.

I see Florida's referees still haven't done any better. I also said we put Smith back in, unless he secretly figured out how to shoot the ball. I don't see why we keep playing him.

SouthFarmchicken

Oct 20, 2016
Who are these people who are scoring? I flip back over against my better judgment and see that we've scored some points.

I see Florida's referees still haven't done any better. I also said we put Smith back in, unless he secretly figured out how to shoot the ball. I don't see why we keep playing him.
We go on a run without Smith. We put him back in…and Florida starts rolling.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Then, if we had a team full of players like Matthews, win or lose, we'd be one hell of a fun team to watch play.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login