MBK at Mizzou postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
A bunch of of asymptomatic cases being reported, regardless of why it was detected, shouldn't be a cause for alarm by itself - which it often was portrayed that way It should have always been just a component of a bigger story.

Fast, reliable, and meaningful data has been lacking. And if it wasn't truly lacking, then whoever controls it didn't publish it well enough. One of the main reasons the aforementioned parties have been able to tell so many bogey man stories. You sell any story you want if there's no data to contradict it.

How many times did we ask "who is getting hospitalized" with zero context in a somewhat real-time manner? I searched for that every time things trended upward in my area. I wanted to know ages, comorbidities, vaccination status on hospitalizations/death before getting to invested in how it might or might not impact my family. Vaccine status seemed to improve more recently, but as a general rule, we still get little context.

This is probably the one thing before anything else the federal government really should have taken a leading role in and been not just competent, but really good at. It's amazing how much money we spend and end up with corrupt, useless garbage.

I understand it is easier said than done, but we tend to value healthcare providers at the highest (or near highest) level of the professional spectrum. They simply have to get better at the data side for the next, hopefully distant, pandemic.

It's not healthcare providers that need to get better at data. I'm sure there are healthcare providers that don't like getting all the information needed, but for it to be useful in something like a pandemic, it's not going to be front line providers determining what data is needed and what format to record it in.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
No, you just took up for Goat because that’s just how bad YOU are.
Thanks for trying to clear up what he meant, Ms Cleo. I’m not a mind reader so I can’t know what he’s thinking. It’s great that you are though. Keep up the good work.

Bill Shankly

Nov 27, 2020
Those numbers weren't be reported for the hospitals' benefit. They were being reported as information on how serious the pandemic is and how dangerous COVID is/was.
It makes difference for the hospitals. You can't just stick a COVID patient in any old room. They take more equipment, people, and their care is more time consuming...no matter what they are actually being treated for.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
Agree

This is probably the one thing before anything else the federal government really should have taken a leading role in and been not just competent, but really good at. It's amazing how much money we spend and end up with corrupt, useless garbage.

It's embarrassing for the feds. If they are going be bad at data, give up, address privacy concerns, and farm it to private sector. Defense and interstate issues (viruses respect no border) should be bread and butter federal competencies.

It's not healthcare providers that need to get better at data. I'm sure there are healthcare providers that don't like getting all the information needed, but for it to be useful in something like a pandemic, it's not going to be front line providers determining what data is needed and what format to record it in.

I'll expand. Didn't really mean they should be on the design side. But they are the source of and most directly influence speed/accuracy on the data that is needed for decision making. They are probably getting better, but I recall my doc relatives/acquaintances bitching about how there's a massive generational gap between younger docs that understand IT better and better equipped to comply with modern record keeping and older docs who are burned out on so much change they just half *** it and basically do what they have to do not to get fired or in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login