Medical issue for Leach…

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
The info will get out. I'm sure most of the coaching staff knows what's going on and he probably has access to that info in some form.
No doubt there's a few trusted individuals who know, but that list is tight and it's not getting out to media sources unless the coach, his wife, or Keenum expressly releases it. This isn't a coaching search.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
This is a sad thread that puts things in perspective especially the older guys like me. I've made some positive changes over the last few months in drinking less and incorporating 5 sets of pushups every other day. When I started about 5-6 weeks ago, I could barely do ONE DAMN PUSHUP. I'm now knocking out 33-35 in 5 sets that takes less than 15 minutes and that number contiues to grow. Don't think you can't do it because Can't Never Could. And I'm about to go fix my dinner. Mahi Mahi on the stove top with just a little canola oil, kidney beans loaded with maters , onions & garlic, celery, oregano and hot sauce. Turnip greens with no fat but onions, garlic and some chopped beets that have been soaking in spices and vinegar. Make the changes HAPPEN. God Bless all Y'all.
How did you ever get to where you could only do one pushup? Like damn dude. I would suspect I am in worse shape than most on here. (6'1 380 lbs, drink too much, and smoked since I was 16). But I could still do three sets of 20.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
No doubt there's a few trusted individuals who know, but that list is tight and it's not getting out to media sources unless the coach, his wife, or Keenum expressly releases it. This isn't a coaching search.
To be fair to Steve, he's not posting official updates on condition and he's not authorized to do so. He's not saying much except that it's serious. But I have no doubt that he's getting accurate info.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
It's illegal to give out patient information so I'm sure anything we are hearing is a guess. I promise you Mrs Leach isn't feeding info to Steve. I'm sure she is busy worrying. My guess is tomorrow we will find out he got a couple stints put in and he will be released Wednesday and off his feet for a week or two. That or some info most of us do not wanna hear at all. I want him back on the side lines for a few more years

Reactions: blacklistedbully

patdog

May 28, 2007
How much does Steve actually know here?

Personal health information, even for public figures, is generally respected and protected. The hospital probably isn't even allowed to say he's getting treatment there right now.
I expect that Steve knows a lot. This is not good.

Reactions: cytubb

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I
How did you ever get to where you could only do one pushup? Like damn dude. I would suspect I am in worse shape than most on here. (6'1 380 lbs, drink too much, and smoked since I was 16). But I could still do three sets of 20.
LOT'S of EFFORT to get to barely being able to only do 1. LOL. Literally DECADES.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
This is a sad thread that puts things in perspective especially the older guys like me. I've made some positive changes over the last few months in drinking less and incorporating 5 sets of pushups every other day. When I started about 5-6 weeks ago, I could barely do ONE DAMN PUSHUP. I'm now knocking out 33-35 in 5 sets that takes less than 15 minutes and that number contiues to grow. Don't think you can't do it because Can't Never Could. And I'm about to go fix my dinner. Mahi Mahi on the stove top with just a little canola oil, kidney beans loaded with maters , onions & garlic, celery, oregano and hot sauce. Turnip greens with no fat but onions, garlic and some chopped beets that have been soaking in spices and vinegar. Make the changes HAPPEN. God Bless all Y'all.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
It's not hard to read between the lines and tell that it's serious. He was stabilized at OCH and almost immediately transferred to a hospital over 100 miles away. That hospital is better known for handling stroke patients more so than heart attacks.

It could be lots of things. It could have been a heart attack (or anything) and he hit his head falling down. Or it could be a stroke. Or maybe it was a heart attack but there was some other good reason to send him to UMMC.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It's not hard to read between the lines and tell that it's serious. He was stabilized at OCH and almost immediately transferred to a hospital over 100 miles away. That hospital is better known for handling stroke patients more so than heart attacks.

It could be lots of things. It could have been a heart attack (or anything) and he hit his head falling down. Or it could be a stroke. Or maybe it was a heart attack but there was some other good reason to send him to UMMC.
You probably can't read a whole lot into where he is at the moment. It's not getting the amount of press it did the last two years but hospital ICUs are swamped right now. It's almost to the point it was at the height of the pandemic. It's not just COVID right now.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Heavenly Father,

We lift up Coach Leach and his family to you. Please be with his medical team throughout this ordeal. Please give them the ability to access and quickly make the correct decisions in this critical situation. In your name we pray,

Amen!
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Dude, read the room.

This isn't the old genespage asking for prayers for umpteen bazillion reasons followed by a dozen "prayers sent".

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Ice Cube Reaction GIF

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Maybe you should pray to be able to do a push-up

Fang1

Oct 1, 2022
That prayer didn’t come off to me as a “look at how holy I am “ (many words) prayer, which is what this passage was addressing ………..but that’s just me.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
If he's an "in the know" university athletic department official, isn't he limited by HIPPA as to what he can say?
He's not saying anything with detail. Just that it's a serious situation. And he's right. Very serious.

Reactions: 32 Dive

patdog

May 28, 2007
If he's an "in the know" university athletic department official, isn't he limited by HIPPA as to what he can say?
He hasn’t said anything specific. HIPPA didn’t apply to voluntary disclosure anyway. I doubt he’s saying more than he’s authorized to say.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
I believe it applies to employers as well, or at least some law does.
Pretty much anyone that has or can get direct access to personal medical information.

That is usually medical personnel.. but could be something like life insurance agents, etc.

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login