Medical weed now in MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
To the ones in the know on here, how exactly does it work? I don’t smoke because of my current job- but in the past, marijuana has helped with my chronic joint pain/issues caused by my auto immune disease.

I can’t find much on it but what are the restrictions in the bill that was passed today?

Knowing Mississippi it’ll probably be stage 4 cancer or on the brink of death.

Muttley

Aug 22, 2012
The law allows people to receive medical marijuana for more than two dozen “debilitating conditions.” These include cancer, epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, Huntington’s disease, muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, PTSD, HIV/AIDS, Crohn’s disease, sickle cell anemia and Alzheimer’s disease. It also allows it as treatment for chronic, debilitating pain. Conditions can be added to the list only by the Department of Health, not doctors.

https://mississippitoday.org/2022/0...signs-mississippi-medical-marijuana-into-law/

Last paragraph from the linked article.

Last edited:

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
"Debilitating medical condition"means:
(i)Cancer,Parkinson's disease, Huntington's
disease, muscular dystrophy, glaucoma,spastic quadriplegia,
positive status for human immunodeficiency virus (HIV),acquired
immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS), hepatitis,amyotrophic lateral
sclerosis (ALS), Crohn's disease,ulcerative colitis, sickle-cell
anemia, Alzheimer's disease, agitation of dementia, post-traumatic
stress disorder(PTSD), autism, pain refractory to appropriate
opioid management,diabetic/peripheral neuropathy, spinalcord
disease or severe injury, or the treatment of these conditions;

(ii)A chronic, terminalor debilitating disease
or medical condition, or its treatment,that produces one or more
of the following: cachexia or wasting syndrome, chronic pain, severe or intractable nausea, seizures, or severe and persistent
muscle spasms, including,but not limited to, those characteristic
of multiple sclerosis

http://billstatus.ls.state.ms.us/documents/2022/pdf/SB/2001-2099/SB2095SG.pdf

LocalBeachBum

Dec 8, 2021
Find you a doctor that will write you a script. you should be able to get your stuff. last year, there was a doctors group that would get you qualified for a nominal fee, money back guaranteed.

note that if your company tests, you would have to sue not to get fired or sue for discrimination after you get fired.

T-Dog.sixpack

Feb 11, 2013
Section 8.3

A registered qualifying patient or registered designated caregiver shall not be denied the right to own, purchase or possess a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition based solely on his or her status as a registered qualifying patient or registered designated caregiver. No state or local agency, municipal or county governing authority shall restrict, revoke, suspend or otherwise infringe upon the right of a person to own, purchase or possess a firearm, firearm accessory or ammunition or any related firearms license or certification based solely on his or her status as a registered qualifying patient or registered designated caregiver.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
Find you a doctor that will write you a script. you should be able to get your stuff. last year, there was a doctors group that would get you qualified for a nominal fee, money back guaranteed.

note that if your company tests, you would have to sue not to get fired or sue for discrimination after you get fired.

The bill is somewhat restrictive on the people who will be allowed to write a script for it.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Considering I’m a contractor for the federal government, I’m almost positive I won’t be “technically” allowed to use medical marijuana. But man, it helps and it’s worth it.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I’m glad to see this. There’s a possibility that my wife has M.S. and it would be great to see her have the ability to use medical marijuana.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Well I’ll be a monkey’s uncle! Never would I have thought I’d see the day. WTG, MS.

Lawdawg.sixpack

Jul 22, 2012
I wouldn’t plan on winning that suit if you just “find a doctor that will write you a script.” Marijuana user is not a protected class.

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
I haven’t read the law but I heard the amount you can purchase is ridiculously low. 3.5 grams per day or 1 gram of concentrates. Also there is a THC % limit.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Back when I was a devil’s lettuce consumer an ounce of the good stuff would last me about 2 weeks.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
Sorry man, hope that’s not the case. My wife has had cancer for 6 years that has been dormant, but has now came back. Glad to see this pass for them.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
I’m glad to see this. There’s a possibility that my wife has M.S. and it would be great to see her have the ability to use medical marijuana.

Prayers for your wife and you.

Regardless of this law, I’ll gladly drop off a nice “flower bouquet” to a random Desoto County address, if it will help.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
It’s still preliminary and they’re about to start going through the motions of testing for it. They’ve thought for a while that it was just neuralgia but may be more to it.

Aug 24, 2012
The expectation is that conservative municipalities will opt out of this legislation, thus requiring referendum to make it legal.

3.5 oz per month is a lot of weed.

I also expect the state health department to be inefficient in issuing the medical cards, also the updating of the weekly consumption database will be problematic.

Mississippi can’t distribute a case of Jack Daniels within 28 days

Hopefully those in need will get reLeaf soon.

The black market will always be open

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017
The expectation is that conservative municipalities will opt out of this legislation, thus requiring referendum to make it legal.

3.5 oz per month is a lot of weed.

I also expect the state health department to be inefficient in issuing the medical cards, also the updating of the weekly consumption database will be problematic.

Mississippi can’t distribute a case of Jack Daniels within 28 days

Hopefully those in need will get reLeaf soon.

The black market will always be open

Uh, are there any that aren't in this State, outside of maybe on the coast?

Eta- I would think that even the majority of conservatives in this state voted in favor of the ballot initiative in November of 2020.

Last edited:

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
To the ones in the know on here, how exactly does it work? I don’t smoke because of my current job- but in the past, marijuana has helped with my chronic joint pain/issues caused by my auto immune disease.

I can’t find much on it but what are the restrictions in the bill that was passed today?

Knowing Mississippi it’ll probably be stage 4 cancer or on the brink of death.

Baptists heads are exploding

#gateway

Aug 24, 2012

Eta- I would think that even the majority of conservatives in this state voted in favor of the ballot initiative in November of 2020.

The governing bodies of municipalities or counties ie. board of supervisors, city council, alderman,and mayors still have 90 days to opt out of this legislation. I expect Madison to opt out and other conservative towns. Referendums will be used by the citizens of those towns to put on a local ballot for vote.

Don’t expect dispensaries to be in conservative towns immediately is the takeaway.

And if you’re really asking if there are non conservative areas???? How did you forget aboutt the Delta and 40% of the population?

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Most Baptists I know are for it including myself. You still have some blue hairs that don’t like it but they don’t like anything.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Most Baptists I know are for it including myself. You still have some blue hairs that don’t like it but they don’t like anything.

To get 70% it was a lot of Baptists that voted for it.

I knew things had changed a couple years ago when my preacher went on a rant about a family that had to uproot their lives and move to CO just to get medical treatment that works for their daughter.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
All you need to show is a before and after video of someone with severe Parkinson’s disease and that usually changes their mind.

threeosix

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah...I'll probably just stick with my inconspicuous "shipments" from Cali for now. It's like a craft brew six pack every time I open them up.

goindhoo

Feb 29, 2008
I would think that Jackson is not a conservative municipality. I could be wrong

I could be wrong*

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
What does it do for Parkinson’s?

All you need to show is a before and after video of someone with severe Parkinson’s disease and that usually changes their mind.
Got a link to those videos? This is not an argument, I’m legitimately asking.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
There’s several videos in the series there. It’s not 100 percent effective but it helps in many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login