Medical weed now in MS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Every Mississippi State football fan can claim PTSD.

You guys that blaze several times daily for anxiety addiction need to examine yourselves though.

This is just like anything else. Children promising the parents "we promise to be responsible and you can trust us". It will be abused more and more daily just like it already is. But not you, no you'd never.

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Back when I was a devil’s lettuce consumer an ounce of the good stuff would last me about 2 weeks.

Yeah. If you would have told me back in the day that I could legally get 3 ounces a month, I’d end up selling one every month. 3 ounces a month is plenty…

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
That’s 3 plus joints a day.

Seems like plenty to me.

Not if you are in real pain, then you have to go back to the store every day to re-up.

It's Stupid, what if you have to get transportation or drive 2.5 hours each way, very short sighted.

Here in Colorado I can buy an ounce a day.

Last edited:

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
The expectation is that conservative municipalities will opt out of this legislation, thus requiring referendum to make it legal.

3.5 oz per month is a lot of weed.

The black market will always be open

But you can only buy 3.5 grams per day.
If you are really sick and need the medicine you don't have to get a new script every day from the pharmacy.
So it's a stupid limit.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
LOL I wish some of you young-uns could have seen what life on college campuses was like in the late 60's/early 70's. Anybody who was in school during that period was exposed bigly to weed and MANY partook liberally and often. I would be willing to bet most of us were very open minded about Medical Marijuana. Wifey and I both voted "yay" knowing that our age it could come in handy at any time.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Wait until he hears about Baptists openly drinking and dancing!***

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
As someone that's eligible and will be taking advantage of the new law, I'll let y'all know how it goes as soon as it starts up. I can always still get more from JDog a couple roads over if I need more.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Every Mississippi State football fan can claim PTSD.

You guys that blaze several times daily for anxiety addiction need to examine yourselves though.

This is just like anything else. Children promising the parents "we promise to be responsible and you can trust us". It will be abused more and more daily just like it already is. But not you, no you'd never.

I mean, it's probably not going to be a net positive, but it's going to be a big positive for the people that use it for treatment and positive for the people that use it recreationally responsibly. And just like alcohol, most of the negative impact will be born by the people using it irresponsibly. There will be some spillover in quality of life issue and some really tragic spillover from car wrecks, dysfunctional families, etc. (again, like with alcohol), but there's also a lot of negative spillover from prohibition and those negative impacts are probably even more disconnected from the ones that "deserve" it.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Is that why you don't like Meatloaf?

You're full of "Refer Madness?" **

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
Lifelong Baptist here. I voted for medical marijuana, as did pretty much everyone I know (many Baptists, along with Methodists, Catholics, Presbyterians, and others). I’m still shocked that I can now buy liquor in the town I live in, in a county that has been “dry” all my life. I’ve been driving to McComb or Columbia all my life to buy alcohol in any form. The only way that medical marijuana passed in Mississippi is due to the fact that a bunch of Baptists had to have supported it-the same way as my county voting for liquor sales. I guarantee you that the county I live in is probably close to 90% Baptist-and liquor was approved by about 70/30 split in the votes.

My father-in-law lives in Rolling Fork. He’s 93 years old and has been under hospice care for the past 3-4 months. He’s been in a lot of pain but hates the morphine pump. Doesn’t like the way the morphine makes him feel. We went to visit with him this past weekend, and he was in no pain. Someone in the family was able to get him some medical marijuana from a family member who lives in Louisiana who has a prescription. He uses a tincture form of MM-a little bottle with a dropper that he just puts a few drops on his tongue every few hours. My mother-in-law raves about how much this has helped him. It controls his pain and he’s not even using the morphine pump any more. I don’t know what form the MM in Mississippi is going to be offered, but I think my father-in-law would have difficulty if he had to smoke it.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Curious mind wants to know, Why it has to be smoked? Couldn't it be put in a pill form?

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
If you are really sick and need the medicine you don't have to get a new script every day from the pharmacy.
So it's a stupid limit.
Wait - would you really have to go to the dispensary every day? I assumed that the “allotment” is based on 3.5 grams per day usage and that they would provide a monthly amount based on that usage estimate (so you’d go once per month and get 3 ounces). If not, then that stupid as hell.

3.5 grams is still 1/8th and would have lasted me about a week back in the day using my dugout and only taking bat hits…

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
LOL I wish some of you young-uns could have seen what life on college campuses was like in the late 60's/early 70's. Anybody who was in school during that period was exposed bigly to weed and MANY partook liberally and often. I would be willing to bet most of us were very open minded about Medical Marijuana. Wifey and I both voted "yay" knowing that our age it could come in handy at any time.

Why do you think it took 50 years to become legal?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
This might be my favorite part of the law "7. Protects our churches and schools from having a marijuana dispensary within fewer than 1,000 feet of their location." I'm sure church and school attenders alike will make their MJ decisions based on proximity to their church or school. "You wanna get stoned after the service?"..."Nah, that place is like, 1100 feet away!"

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Curious mind wants to know, Why it has to be smoked? Couldn't it be put in a pill form?

Edibles are a bit of a different high, I believe bc the THC is absorbed via the liver vs the bloodstream. Also, edibles can take 30 minutes or more to take effect versus smoke being basically instant.

Warning to sixpackers: less is more, the first time you fool with edibles. Getting super stoned is mega unpleasant, although from a medical perspective not harmful.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
This might be my favorite part of the law "7. Protects our churches and schools from having a marijuana dispensary within fewer than 1,000 feet of their location." I'm sure church and school attenders alike will make their MJ decisions based on proximity to their church or school. "You wanna get stoned after the service?"..."Nah, that place is like, 1100 feet away!"

Being Methodist I'll gladly chat up somebody from church at the booze store, but I ain't ready for it at the dispensary .

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

When the Mormon church builds an new chapel they buy all the land around it to keep convenient stores or other places that sell alcohol from being near by. Most of the time the land is sold to build a nursing homes or city wanting to build water tower or something. They want to control what is around the chapels.

wsjmsu75

Sep 29, 2017

When I was at State in the early 70's, they showed the Reefer Madness movie in Lee Hall. It was a big comedy hit with my fellow students.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Is the law 3.5 g per day or 3 oz per month? Or both?

Yes if you have to go get it each day and can only get 3.5 g each time that seems a little crazy. An ounce a day seems crazy too

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019

Likewise, what's the affinity to you hanging out at elementary schools while toking?

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Wait - would you really have to go to the dispensary every day? I assumed that the “allotment” is based on 3.5 grams per day usage and that they would provide a monthly amount based on that usage estimate (so you’d go once per month and get 3 ounces). If not, then that stupid as hell.

3.5 grams is still 1/8th and would have lasted me about a week back in the day using my dugout and only taking bat hits…

Yes limited per day. How dumb.

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/mississippi-house-approves-medical-marijuana-bill-with-amendments/

"[FONT=&quot]The legislation as passed by the House would allow patients with about two dozen qualifying medical conditions to purchase the equivalent of 3.5 grams of marijuana (or 1 gram of cannabis concentrate) per day, with a maximum monthly limit of 3 ounces. An amendment reduced the maximum monthly amount down from the 3.5-ounce limit passed by the Senate."[/FONT]

fishwater99

Jun 4, 2007
Is the law 3.5 g per day or 3 oz per month? Or both?

Yes if you have to go get it each day and can only get 3.5 g each time that seems a little crazy. An ounce a day seems crazy too

3.5 grams per day until you reach the 3 oz limit in a month.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Because they couldn’t find a way to tax it. Don’t think for a second that the government would want anything good for us that doesn’t make them money.

Boom. Conspiracy guy all of a sudden

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Looking forward to the self-righteous ******** that are so far up their own *** that they can’t see the benefits behind medical marijuana that they will attempt to make life hard on anyone using it in our state.

If only being a dick head was a qualification for it- because I know a lot of people that are like that who could use a toke or two.

“He’s *addicted* to pot because he claims he has *anxiety.* 17 outta here.

Aug 24, 2012
So it's a stupid limit.

looks like Dept of Ag will oversee the cultivation and processing facilities. a person can buy almost an ounce at one time or within a 7 day period. they can buy no more than 7 MMCEU— Ms Marijuana Cannibus Equivalency Unit— each unit is 3.5 grams and 7 x 3.5=24.5 grams in a 7 day period. there are 28.35 grams in an ounce. Residents can not buy more than 28 MMCEUs in 30 day period 28x 3.5 = 98 = 3.46 ounces

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Wow, that video is crazy. If you really want to see medical marijuana go mainstream, you got to figure out a way for phizer to get a patent on it. Big pharma will lose a ton of money if people are able to use this instead of the heroin they’re selling.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Hold on. This doesn’t necessarily mean what you think it means.

Equivalent being the key word.

You can buy 30 gallons of gasoline each month which is equivalent to 1 gallon per day.

You can buy 1 case of toilet paper per customer which is the equivalent to 28 poops.

Maybe it really means you have to go each day and buy 3.5 grams but I am trying to have faith PEOPLE ARENT THAT DUMB.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Yeah and you are a 50 year voting Republican who favored Obama, hated trump and favored Biden.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
looks like Dept of Ag will oversee the cultivation and processing facilities. a person can buy almost an ounce at one time or within a 7 day period. they can buy no more than 7 MMCEU— Ms Marijuana Cannibus Equivalency Unit— each unit is 3.5 grams and 7 x 3.5=24.5 grams in a 7 day period. there are 28.35 grams in an ounce. Residents can not buy more than 28 MMCEUs in 30 day period 28x 3.5 = 98 = 3.46 ounces

I was told MDH is going to be running the program because the AG Dept wanted out.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
MDAC didn’t want to run the whole program which is pretty understandable. They are going to be involved in the production side but not the dispensing oversight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login